Where is Tekehu supposed to learn the 4th water-shaping form?

I was really wondering how to get this ending for Tekehu?

---

Tekēhu convinced that he doesn't have to guide his people, secrets of Watershaping revealed to Tekēhu

Tekēhu distances himself from the problems of the Deadfire, giving the tribes a reprieve from godlike omens. Ngati's silence speaks volumes. The Huana grow to rely on each other, paving a new way forward divorced from their traditions.
Soon after his departure from Neketaka, sailors report of mountainous water sculptures rising from the open sea - entrancing and salacious. These works are celebrated everywhere from the brothel to the palace, though the identity of the artist remains an open question.
Edited by Insolentius

I got this ending by never using Tekehu - he spent the entire game on the ship - and choosing the "Teheku might find this interesting" option during the Ukaizo weather orb fiasco. I also released the dragon under the Watershaper Guild. 

The "secrets" are the ways of ancient watershaping that he learns if you bring him to Ukaizo. Or if you just tell him later.

Ah ok, yeah I had him in my party till I was level 20 and then picked up Fassina who was vastly superior to him in every way and so I didn't have him with me when I went to Hasongo.

Just to confirm, yup, bring him to Ukaizo, and he learns it there just before you shut off the rainstorm.

I just reloaded the game at the Spire before disabling the machine, and I still don't have that option. What exactly am I supposed to interact with to trigger that option? Interacting with the machine only gives me two options - to disable it and to leave.

I think you just talk to him when the "I have something to say" icon comes up. Though at this point, like so many other quests, it may be bugged.

Trying to talk to him results in this...

image.png

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to pick something up (a physical object). I buffed my perception with Svef and other items to 22, and there's still nothing there.

No, there's nothing to pick up. The conversation just triggers automatically when you touch the control panel. If he's with you, he has a big sequence; if not, a "tell Tekehu later" option is added to the dialogue box.

Then I must have encountered a bug, because I didn't get any of those options. Like I mentioned earlier, accessing the control panel just gave me the option to either disable the machine or leave.

EDIT - Maybe there's a trigger that I managed to miss earlier in the game. My relationship with him was maxed out, and I released the dragon without trapping a part of its essence for the guild.

Edited by Insolentius

The only thing I can think of doing is going back to your pre-endgame save - the game should've made one automatically, just before you sailed into Ondra's Mortar - and checking with Tekehu at deck level to make sure you've completed all of his conversations, especially the one where he talks about making it his mission to find Ukaizo. But Opheleus never talked to the guy at all and still got the option, so... weird. A flag must've not been set correctly in your game somewhere.

Edited by Tarlonniel

The only thing I can think of doing is going back to your pre-endgame save - the game should've made one automatically, just before you sailed into Ondra's Mortar - and checking with Tekehu at deck level to make sure you've completed all of his conversations, especially the one where he talks about making it his mission to find Ukaizo. But Opheleus never talked to the guy at all and still got the option, so... weird. A flag must've not been set correctly in your game somewhere.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the way I handled the dragon situation. By releasing it and not keeping a part of its essence for the guild, the watershapers would gradually lose access to their abilities (they needed the dragon since their covenant with Ngati/Ondra went down the drain). If they can't 'shape water' then there's no point in teaching Tekehu the final form.

I'm probably wrong, though.  :dancing:

They can't shape water because they've forgotten their ancestral forms - which are exactly what Tekehu re-learns at Ukaizo. They don't even need the dragon anymore if Tekehu brings that knowledge back.

I kinda recall the dragon saying something about how the covenant between the Huana and Ondra weakened over time and how it forced Periki to trap the dragon because their watershaping abilities were waning.

Right, but the covenant is... well... if you ever see Tekehu's little scene, you'll get a better idea of the situation. The Huana have forgotten a lot.

I just tried it on a game where I'd set free the dragon without siphoning its soul and the Tekehu scene triggered as usual. Not sure what's going on in your game.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 2

I kind of wish it bugged out in my game.

As I understand it, there are four endings for Tekehu depending on whether he found the secrets of watershaping and decided to help the huana/go his own way. If he decides that he doesn't own the huana anything it doesn't really matter much whether he found the lost knowledge of Ukaizo or not, the wording in the slides is very similar. I dare say you are not losing anything by not having that scene trigger OP.

But if you push him in the direction of uniting the huana, the way he goes about it depends exactly on this buggy Ukaizo bit. If he doesn't rediscover Ngati's covenant he teaches the tribes to rely on each other and not on the gods, which I really like. But to get this result you have to withhold the secrets of watershaping from him which doesn't sit well with me.

Tekehu has not individual quest, so try to figure out which way he go can leads a more reassuring ending.

Base my Give Back the Human to Human belief, I always makes him to choose his own way, let him sow his wild oats. Until I read this post, considering the relationship between ability and responsibility.