Modding Pillars 2: is there a modding community willing to mod the game once final ? ?

I used the search function of the forum, but did not find anything related to this, post release. I read that recently, Obsidian announced they will try to provide modding tools for the community. And i'm no programmer (at all). So, i wanted to ask if there are actual modders interested in modding Pillars 2 in the future (once final, because it looks like maintaining a mod through patches is a hassle). This post is very general on one hand, and very personal on the other hand too. I hope you will forgive me for presenting my own desires as well.

I guess i'm not the only one feeling that sometimes, amongst the things you don't like about a game you want to love, there are a few ones that you just can't overcome. And you drop an overall great game because of things that may look like petty details to others, but that are of prime importance to you.

Since i can't allow myself to ask anyone to work to cater to my own personal tastes, i wanted to present the 2 things that are, for me at least, a guarantee of utter cringe, and see if some other people here feel the same. Truth is, I'm actually frustrated, i will admit this much. While i really want to enjoy games like Pillars, there are a few things that i just can't make like they do not exist, however hard i tried to ignore these in Pillars 1. Please, don't misundestand me. In any game, there will be things people like or dislike. And then, there may be a few of them that will convince them to just never even play it (in this case, because already present in Pillars 1). These are past the point of just ''dislike''.

I like many things in games like Pillars, but amongst the things i dislike, there are 2 that will probably prevent me from even redeeming my backer key. These were things that were thought to be reworked at the time i backed the game, and i had some hope. Not to have them the exact way i wanted, but to have them in a way i could finally manage to tolerate.

These 2 things are: the healing system, and the Might attribute.

The Might attribute disappeared at some point and i was overjoyed. I would at least be able to play my beloved flimsy multiclassed Eothas spell caster/Fighter  with 7 strenght but high magical power. To play my elve, governed but her faith, without having her having the physical strenght of an ogre. I just learnt that the Might attribute is back, like in Pillars 1. I can't imagine suffering a second game with the Might attribute. I couldn't even suffer more than half of the first one like this. I've no words... I need to control myself because i have such a deep desire to flame, and that would help no one :o. Basically, i would love to have Might separated in 2 different attributes that would make sense. One for physical strenght, and one for spiritual power. At this point i don't even care for attribute balance anymore.

As for the healing system. Well... no auto healing? Having to use healing spells outside combat. Or see some kind of healer? Or eating healing mushroom? Or performing a healing dance? Well, actually, to this point, ANYTHING would do. Aside from the magic nap healing everything and anything. I don't care anymore about the means. But, please, i beg you, fix this, since i can't do it myself.

I'm pretty sure i could do with everything else i may dislike if these 2 things are fixed.

Any thoughts? Any people who would like to see these 2 things fixed too? Or maybe some other specific ones that are cringeworthy for them?

There's a modding subforum.

Now I just have to wait for the mod that lets me romance everyone at once

My bad, wrong place. Although, i barely read the modding subforum since it's sometimes very technical. This thread is intended to willing modders, but to imcompetent programmers like me, too, in order to exchange about things we would like to see change. Still, if a moderator feels its rightful place is the modding subforum, feel free to move it, please.

Edited by Abel

I used the search function of the forum, but did not find anything related to this, post release. I read that recently, Obsidian announced they will try to provide modding tools for the community. And i'm no programmer (at all). So, i wanted to ask if there are actual modders interested in modding Pillars 2 in the future (once final, because it looks like maintaining a mod through patches is a hassle). This post is very general on one hand, and very personal on the other hand too. I hope you will forgive me for presenting my own desires as well.

I guess i'm not the only one feeling that sometimes, amongst the things you don't like about a game you want to love, there are a few ones that you just can't overcome. And you drop an overall great game because of things that may look like petty details to others, but that are of prime importance to you.

Since i can't allow myself to ask anyone to work to cater to my own personal tastes, i wanted to present the 2 things that are, for me at least, a guarantee of utter cringe, and see if some other people here feel the same. Truth is, I'm actually frustrated, i will admit this much. While i really want to enjoy games like Pillars, there are a few things that i just can't make like they do not exist, however hard i tried to ignore these in Pillars 1. Please, don't misundestand me. In any game, there will be things people like or dislike. And then, there may be a few of them that will convince them to just never even play it (in this case, because already present in Pillars 1). These are past the point of just ''dislike''.

I like many things in games like Pillars, but amongst the things i dislike, there are 2 that will probably prevent me from even redeeming my backer key. These were things that were thought to be reworked at the time i backed the game, and i had some hope. Not to have them the exact way i wanted, but to have them in a way i could finally manage to tolerate.

Geeeeeeeeez...

The way you were saying ALL of this...made me almost think you were gonna request something that get you the banhammer  :lol:

Edited by E.RedMark
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

The banhammer never ever hit me, but looks like you read a lot in my post. Is the hammer a good acquaintance of yours ? :D

not at all . But the way you wrote it..it really make you wonder 'why is he apologizing so much ? is he...Oh noe..........bad mod request!!!!! ' :biggrin:

make you almost dissapointed...urgh..day is going too slow for meh  :dancing: 

Hopefully peoples will be able to mod the game . I for one...have 2 mods in mind I like to see...if they are not fixed by patch , that is .  

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Now I just have to wait for the mod that lets me romance everyone at once

Are you volunteering as a playtester? Because I'll gladly go around breaking modding the files for you, but I ain't got time to test all that. ;)

It's probably worth waiting for 1.1, given the bugged state of the romances as is.

But yeah, definitely, if you're shameless enough to make it, I'm shameless enough to try it.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Folks have already begun modding things like spells and items and they can be found on the Nexus Mods site. Nothing major right now but I imagine once things open up more people will hop onboard.

I mean the only game I can think of that could have been modded and never really went anywhere was RAGE but that's because...yeah.

Yes! We have no bananas.

The banhammer never ever hit me, but looks like you read a lot in my post. Is the hammer a good acquaintance of yours ? :D

not at all . But the way you wrote it..it really make you wonder 'why is he apologizing so much ? is he...Oh noe..........bad mod request!!!!! ' :biggrin:

Considering the naked Orlan debacle, and the bathhouse, I wonder what you thought he was asking for that was bad enough to ban over :p

Considering the naked Orlan debacle, and the bathhouse, I wonder what you thought he was asking for that was bad enough to ban over :p

to put flashy neon colored wigs to put on godlike npc ? so none see their uglyness ?  :lol:

I love godlike..so yeah that would set me on fire  :bat:

wait..what about oraln? oh noe! don't tell me someone requested to shave them! that's Horrible....all that sexy hair... :dancing:

yeah..totally slow day here... :aiee:

Elderly Hive Dweller