Boarding enemy ships with 0 crew remaining in patch 1.10

Question to people who tried this on the beta patch already.

If I first grapeshot and kill enemy crew that goes from 9/9 to 0/9, and then proceed to board them, will I still face 15 enemies ready for me?

I know this was a confirmed bug by the devs, but since I didnt see it in the patch notes, is it fixed now?( or plans to be fixed soon)

That is a good question.  I wonder about that as well.  It DOES make a difference if you reduce them to 0- from what I observed, it meant that there would be no tough enemies above decks.  Meaning, there were multiple times I did this to ships which had higher level captains, and if I DIDN'T eliminate the crew with grapeshot, boarding was a nightmare of getting massacred.  If I DID eliminate the crew first, then the only high level individual would be the captain, and I think the captain would often be wounded, as well.

"1 is 1"

I'd also like an answer to this question.  I have grapeshotted the enemy crew and still seem to face a full complement.   Like there will be 1/5 above-deck crew and 5 below-deck crew and theres 11 guys shooting me the instant I board.

Casita here,

Originally there's only one set of numbers 7/10 representing the amount of workers the enemy ship has. So we didn't knew how many defenders there were in battle.

In the beta there's 7/10 + 8, with the "8" being the fixed amount of defenders not killable during ship battle. 

From my ship battle experience it seems reducing the first set of numbers lowers the amount of enemies during boarding battle.

Keep in mind that starting a battle using a grapeshot to reduce the workers 7/10 to 2/10 in order to reduce total defenders is a bad idea. 

Mainly because in few turns the workers rest out and jump back the numbers to 7/10. 

Grapeshot them 100-200 m and then RAM THEM. That works :D

Marines.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Are you telling me that a sailor is totally fine and combat ready a few minutes after he received a grapeshot to the face?

I really hope this wont make it into the final patch if that is true what you wrote.

Edited by Zarul45