what's the best outcome for 'The Storms of Poko Kohara' quest?

The way I see it...

Don't fix the stone = Huana can't get food due to storms = slow death by starvation

Fix the stone = Vailians can get through = slow death by gellarde

But I didn't follow the plot all that closely.

• Like 8

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

"Death by gellarde" lol

From what I recall:

The best result for Tikawara is repairing the stone and going for a Castol-VTC ending. If you repair the stone, keep the original chieftain in charge, and then aid the VTC later, it is noted that Tikawara becomes a model settlement and everyone's happy. However, that's only if you go for the VTC ending. Pretty much every other option goes wrong in some way for Tikawara.

^- endgame spoilers.

Either way, destroying the stone dooms Tikawara as a settlement.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 3

In addition to what Skazz wrote, you also need to finish Maia's quest in a very specific way. But I'm not sure how to use spoiler tag so I'll leave it to someone else to explain  :facepalm:

All in all, it's quite difficult to get a good ending for Tikawara. 

• Like 2

In addition to what Skazz wrote, you also need to finish Maia's quest in a very specific way. But I'm not sure how to use spoiler tag so I'll leave it to someone else to explain  :facepalm:

All in all, it's quite difficult to get a good ending for Tikawara. 

More specifically, with Maia's quest, you have to

avoid doing it at all.

• Like 2

More specifically, with Maia's quest, you have to

avoid doing it at all.

Aha, so that's how you use the spoiler tag! So:

Not necessarily, you just need to let Maia start a fight with the locals and allow them to kill the Rauataian guy.

Likewise, in Port-Maje you need to convince the woman to take the missive without getting the huana off her back.

• Like 7

I would support the vailians as opposed to the deadfire except...

the Valians were working with Furrante to keep the slaver operations going, and they inevitably have people working for them (like Bezo) who always think of the most dark and evil thing you could possibly consider to do, without any moral compunctions about doing it, even if they are in the minority.  Remember Luca and the Valians basically tricking the Huana into selling the entire tribal land to the company?

now, think about what happened to the Tikawara.  It wasn't the valians who were destroying their tribe, it was slavers.  but out of all the groups vying for control, which one was supporting the slavers?  the valians.

If the Tikawara were really to survive as a traditional tribe, the only way to do that would be to remove the temptation for others to manipulate them.  that means destroying both the Adra Pillar AND the slavers.

that the game would not let you have this ending is just an oversight IMO.

• Like 2

keep the original chieftain in charge

Does this mean you can oust Ruanu? Because I gotta say, after how he reacts to the news that Beza was planning to sacrifice villagers to refine adra, I wanted to get rid of him.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

That's part of Director Castol's shady dealings. It's hardly being done with the knowledge and consent of the rest of the VTC.

• Like 3

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

That's part of Director Castol's shady dealings. It's hardly being done with the knowledge and consent of the rest of the VTC.

Castrol's shady dealing is just the part that they slave Huana who are part of Huana Kingodom too, and he does not care.

VTC is fine with slaves, as long as they come from other parts of the world that have no trade deals with them.

They are not the good guys. None of the factions are good in this game.

DRC also use/have slaves in their society. It is kinda common for both VTC and RDC (and Aedyr empire).

The Huana natives are not that good also due to their caste system.

In the end, you side with the lesser evil from your perspective.

The queen is totally against slavery!

Unless it's the slavery of ancient sea dragons in order to power her watershapers. That's another thing entirely.

Their caste system is on par with slavery if not worse.

• Like 2

The queen is totally against slavery!

Unless it's the slavery of ancient sea dragons in order to power her watershapers. That's another thing entirely.

Their caste system is on par with slavery if not worse.

No, that's no fair. No Huana owns another and all castes are part of the tribe. The Huana tell you several times, that this systeme works well. The exception is Neketaka. There are to many people, less ressources and no personal bond between the members of the castes. In the slums the people tell you, that in the past in the small tribe systems the higher castes care about the lesser.

Sure, the caste system is from our modern democratic point of view a bad system. But for the Huana it's works well for centuries and even the lesser castes could feel to be part of the society. It seems this system gets worse, as the white man.. ah well, the VTR and DRC came to the Deadfire.

• Like 1

Wenn etwas auf facebook steht, dann muss es ja wahr sein! ;-)

Huana as a faction are not against slavery though, they only ban trading natives, but it's not illegal if it's other races that are being enslaved. The whole problem with Castol and Master Kua comes from Kua trading the Wahaki. The only one who is completely against slavery is Aeldys, but she is hardly the good guy for a whole lot of other reasons. 

• Like 3

Vailians as such were not working with slavers.

yes, they were, and the director even apologizes for it if you wiped the slavers, then go talk to him. 

Sigh.

sigh all you want.  if you go through the Valian trial, you will see they have ZERO issues with making money off the LOCAL slave trade, their only concern was that he was involved in trading slaves to allay fears he wasn't making enough money grinding Adra pillars.

now the Principi, OTOH, they actually DO have rules about dealing with slavers... which in my game is why Furante is hanging by his neck from the tower right now.

clear?

if you go through the Valian trial, you will see they have ZERO issues with making money off the LOCAL slave trade, their only concern was that he was involved in trading slaves to allay fears he wasn't making enough money grinding Adra pillars.

I went trough the trial, and you know what I saw? They charged him with wasting money AND slave trade at the trial separately.

We were able to disprove the "you are not making enough money" charge. The slavery thing was brought up on its own with no connection to the first occusation, and since I had killed Kua, I refused to lie to cover Castol, stating that he had indeed attempted an alliance with slavers. He was forced to defend his position on the matter (which he didn't do very well, it was mostly a few weak "I c-c-can explain!"), and the judges didn't seem pleased with him, even though they were apparently okay with the profits he was making, him spending too much money on research and whatnot.

• Like 1

If i remember correctly, destroying the pillar and siding with RDC (including assassinations) leads to Atsura providing the village with food, supplies and "protection" (Rauatai soldiers) in the wake of their chief's "unfortunate death". It's dirty, but it works, and the village is happy to take his aid.

So for Tikawara to survive, they either become dependant on the VTC or the RDC. Otherwise, they end up dead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...