anyone else think we should have been able to become a god?

I would like the option to become a God. I chose the option of having a leader among the Gods, just to see if that would lead to something like that. If they do not implement it, an option of whether Eora needs the Gods or not would also be nice. There was also a hint on Eder's ending slides about a war with the Gods. 

Ondra's a good point; she threw the moon at Eora in order to destroy the leftover Engwithan technology not long after the God's were actually created. Abyddon only interfered in order to stop her.

Ondra implies that this incident is the reason for the pact, as it made the gods collectively blink and take a step back.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The "god" part is the weakest of Deadfire's story. Eothas just wasn't really interesting and well executed compared to the factions. So no, I don't think it would have been any good. Also, too similar to Divinity which is far too recent in my memory.

just finished deadfire and kind of disappointed that there is no become a god ending

it would fit really well for my character because she would think she could do a better job running eora than the gods

especially after finding out that they're artificial constructs anyway

also would've been cool to agent smith eothas ya know and then take his power for ourselves as well as the souls from the first game and the ones in

xoti's lantern then take the power of the rest of  the gods and turn our self into the one true god

Mu hu ha ah ha

A complete civilisation was needed to create 11 gods. So no, i never expected to became a god.

Thats forgotten realms stuff, where a single mortal can ascend to a god.

Wenn etwas auf facebook steht, dann muss es ja wahr sein! ;-)

while I have no interest to go into Politic-..I mean Godhood buziness  :biggrin:

would be nice if we get something like Times of Troubles in POE3 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

three pages?  this thread generated three pages o' serious responses?

however, so as to not be derailing, we will answer the genesis post query: 

yes, given the feedback you have already received, it would appear there is people who believe the watcher should become a god of eora... but there is also people who believe the world is flat and that the moon landings were faked.

am s'posing the evil midnight bomber who bombs at midnight said it best when he opined,

"And so he says to me, 'you wanna be a bad guy?' And I say, 'yeah, baby! I wanna be bad!' And I says, 'surf's up, space ponies! I'm making gravy without the lumps!' Aaaaahahahahahaha!"

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I figured if they were going to do it, it'd be a third game where they'd do it in.

Anyhow, there is always this:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Either you found a way to harvest thousands of souls and absorb all their power

[...]

None of it seems possible in Deadfire though.

But you go around picking up souls as the Herald of Berath. And I don't think you ever release them, do you? Edited by CENIC

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I don't think the Watcher should be able to become a god. Kill gods by taking down their servers sure, but becoming one would be tough because how many souls would they need to do that.

Though if they made it so they could somehow absorb the Engwithan souls that make up whatever god and channel that into a god making device, that would work for me.

just finished deadfire and kind of disappointed that there is no become a god ending

it would fit really well for my character because she would think she could do a better job running eora than the gods

also would've been cool to agent smith eothas ya know and then take his power for ourselves as well as the souls from the first game and the ones in

xoti's lantern then take the power of the rest of  the gods and turn our self into the one true god

Mu hu ha ah ha

That will be the ending of PoE3. You will attempt to become a god and take over the throne of the now dead god Eothas.

But, then,  a godlike and his irrepressible little sister, along with their small adventuring party, will come in, wipe out all of your minions and kill you in an epic battle that takes place in four distinct phases.

Sad story, that.

• Like 1

Mu hu ha ah ha

That will be the ending of PoE3. You will attempt to become a god and take over the throne of the now dead god Eothas.

But, then,  a godlike and his irrepressible little sister, along with their small adventuring party, will come in, wipe out all of your minions and kill you in an epic battle that takes place in four distinct phases.

Sad story, that.

Naming my next character Melissan, now.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

• 5 years later...