Did Might get nerfed in the BETA pacth

It has been additive the whole time since the game was officially released.

and thank goodness for the last minute change.  with a turning wheel helwalker contemplative, Gromnir were casting pillars of holy fire which hit for 800 damage. can only imagine what woulda' been the result if might remained a multiplier as 'posed to additive.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i dont really see might as being that important now ,

you wont even notice the extra 20% of its just addative

say for the average weapon doing say 15-20 base damage thats only an extra 3 to 4 points of damage,

my rogue is consistently critting, backstabbing, sneak attacking and doing deathblows for around 50 to 100 points of damage, 

points far better of in dex or Per so you can do all of the above quicker and more accurately

Edited by antman45454

You asked the same question in the thread about the beta changes and got a correct answer (that MIG got changed pre-release).

If it's for discussion purposes then I'm all in though. ;)

One of the best balancing decisions made so far. But I guess the multiplicative nature of the beta-MIG was an oversight to begin with. Josh was taken by surprise when somebody asked him why MIG is multiplicative during beta.

MIG shouldn't have as much impact on weapon damage as DEX or a crit (PER) since it also influences healing power.

Also MIG can be important as dmg booster for abilities that can't get many dmg bonuses - like spells. There's no Sneak Attack or Two Handed Style etc for spells - so the additive nature of new MIG doesn't matter that much when it comes to spellcasting, bit it hurts weapon users a bit (which is good).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

One of the best balancing decisions made so far. But I guess the multiplicative nature of the beta-MIG was an oversight to begin with. Josh was taken by surprise when somebody asked him why MIG is multiplicative during beta.

Yeah, i think it was just a bugfix.

• Like 1

Vancian =/= per rest.

It has been additive the whole time since the game was officially released.

and thank goodness for the last minute change.  with a turning wheel helwalker contemplative, Gromnir were casting pillars of holy fire which hit for 800 damage. can only imagine what woulda' been the result if might remained a multiplier as 'posed to additive.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, Might seems to be in a good place right now.  It's still really valuable for classes that can't stack a ton of damage modifiers, but is less than ideal for those that can (Rogues, etc.)  I think Dexterity is a little too strong, but I'm not sure how you could change it without making it as weak as it was in Pillars.

If I had to make any changes to attributes, though, I'd find some way of making Constitution and Resolve meaningful.  More HP doesn't really matter much when healing is so powerful and you don't have a Health stat to force an arbitrary limit on how much damage you can soak, hostile effects reduction doesn't matter much when Inspirations are so overpowered, and 1 Deflection for 1 stat is... less than an ideal trade.

You asked the same question in the thread about the beta changes and got a correct answer (that MIG got changed pre-release).

If it's for discussion purposes then I'm all in though. ;)

MIG shouldn't have as much impact on weapon damage as DEX or a crit (PER) since it also influences healing power.

Also MIG can be important as dmg booster for abilities that can't get many dmg bonuses - like spells. There's no Sneak Attack or Two Handed Style etc for spells - so the additive nature of new MIG doesn't matter that much when it comes to spellcasting, bit it hurts weapon users a bit (which is good).

I dunno, I think Might being weak for scrappers is kind of a problem because it means that pretty much every melee fighter or archer is going to max out Dex and Per - it's a similar problem to how most classes wanted to cap out Might and Int in Pillars because they were so good you had to be crazy not to pump them.

Player damage across the board seems generally much too high, though, so maybe Might could become more valuable if you stopped, for example, letting Rogues get basically unlimited +200% damage attacks.

Yeah, Might seems to be in a good place right now.  It's still really valuable for classes that can't stack a ton of damage modifiers, but is less than ideal for those that can (Rogues, etc.)  I think Dexterity is a little too strong, but I'm not sure how you could change it without making it as weak as it was in Pillars.

Wasn't dex multiplicative in PoE1?

Multiplicative equals strong, AFAIC.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Right.

By the way MIG is now in the same place as it was with PoE1. So if somebody thinks that maxing MIG and INT was mandatory in PoE there's no reason to think otherwise for Deadfire. Even more so because there's no health bar (from the endurance/health system) anymore and healing is more important in Deadfire.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods