BUG - Defensive Mindweb in current state is just stupid

antman45454

Question

Hey Devs

Have you actually play tested defensive mindweb on a cipher in the new BETA patch?

So you guys have implemented a new feature for it in Deadfire where anyone who takes any damage (even a small graze) is immediately removed from the web.

Ive cast defensive mindweb (with the high focus cost and high cast and recovery times) in the new difficulty settings in the BETA patch and trust me this spell is 100% useless. Im sorry not 100% more like 110%.

Now that there are actually difficult battles where you can get hit the Mindweb has become completely redundant. 

As soon as you cast it it is just bang, bang, bang , bang , bang and your whole party is immediately removed from it in like one or two rounds.

Also you ideally want to have your main tank in the web who has the highest deflection so everyone else can benefit from the high deflection. This tank will be the first one you send into combat to act as a tank obviously and he instantly straight away gets removed from the web and eveyone loses there protection. Man this is so laughable stupid its not funny

You have honestly gone way to far here with this spell can you please remove the feature where if you get hit you are out of it. 

I do consider this a bug because it is really because the spell is completely usless on POTD and probably Vet

thanks

Edited by antman45454
  • Like 4

5 answers to this question

Cipher powers outside of charm/dominate ones are just plain bad for most part. Time parasite also got a hard nerf effectively making single class ciphers weakest class in the game by far. BTW Soul Annhilation damage is reduced by 50% so that got hit too. Next thing we know, all bosses will be immune to intellect aflictions

So Defensive Web is now basically Double image on everybody in your team?

I think it can be still useful if u have someone with super high deflection. It was very OP in PoE 1, and I think this become from a no brainer pick to a situational spell. Not so bad if you build around it.

Edited by dunehunter

So Defensive Web is now basically Double image on everybody in your team?

I think it can be still useful if u have someone with super high deflection. It was very OP in PoE 1, and I think this become from a no brainer pick to a situational spell. Not so bad if you build around it.

No, it's significantly worse than that. Wizard's Double breaks on hit. Defensive Mindweb breaks on damage, so will break on a graze. 

Given the stat boosts everything gets on PotD, that basically means it's a soap bubble.

My suggestion (considering wizard's double is a first level spell and Defensive Mindweb is a Rank 8 power) would be for critical hits to knock characters out of the web, not any hits or any damage. Even that I'd have to playtest though. The old version was powerful, but it's a rank 8 power. Let players have nice things!

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1