Mod Request: Revert Items/Skills Back to 1.02 Versions/Making Softer Nerfs?

Hey guys!

I was hoping someone could help me with reverting a few items/skills back to their 1.02 versions or, in some cases, performing a 'softer' nerf than what was given with 1.1

If this cannot be done until the full patch releases, let me know! I've included a list of skills and items I would like changed here. 

Skills

Monk - 

Swift Strikes/Swift Flurry/Lightning Strikes - Revert back to a 20% attack speed buff and restore Lightning Strikes' 30% lash. That said, I'd like for the ICD that prevents Swift Flurry from proccing off of itself infinitely to be kept in. 

Turning Wheel - Go back to 5% fire damage per wound. 

Fighter - 

Charge - Make it so that it's a full attack on all enemies hit.

Cleaving/Mob Stance - Make it so that it's a primary attack against all nearby enemies when one is downed, not a full attack on just one nearby enemy. 

Priest - 

No changes

Ranger - 

No changes

Wizard - 

No changes

Paladin - 

Flames of Devotion - Make it a Primary attack.

Chanter - 

Restore the Brilliant infusion (T3 Intellect) but make it renew resource every 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds)

Barbarian - 

No changes

Druid - 

No changes

Cipher - 

I'm not sure what Cipher needs. I saw one mod on Nexus that included a bunch of positive changes for Cipher but I'd want to somehow extract those in addition to everything else.

Rogue - 

No changes.

When I say "No Changes" I mean that I'm fine with the changes with Patch 1.1 - Admittedly there's a lot of Monk/Fighter salt coming from me, but I think the Charge/Cleaving Stance tweaks I mentioned are fair - and make those skills viable for two handed weapons as well as dual wielding.

Item Changes:

- I can't go back through every item in the game to see what should be changed and what shouldn't.  Can someone list items that were definitely in need of a nerf, and then those items can remain changed while everything else gets reverted back? I feel like Obsidian were a little gung-ho about item tweaking in this patch.

Achievements: 

- Since I'm not enabling god mode or anything with this patch, I'd like to re-enable achievements as well. Do I need to use a separate mod in order to do this? 

Any help and feedback in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Also, would I have to keep constantly re-installing this mod with every patch, or is it installed in such a way that it takes priority over any subsequent changes to the skills/items by future updates? I'm using the Steam version. 

stfu

Productive, thanks!

Alright, so if it's uncouth to ask for someone to do that for me, can someone instruct me on how to mod the game's files myself without screwing it up, and whether or not it'd be possible to have modded skills/items have priority over all other future changes? 

Reading the sticky, it looks like there's an override folder that makes it so that my changes would stick through future patches and stuff, so that's good. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather
  • Like 1

stfu

Productive, thanks!

Alright, so if it's uncouth to ask for someone to do that for me, can someone instruct me on how to mod the game's files myself without screwing it up, and whether or not it'd be possible to have modded skills/items have priority over all other future changes? 

Reading the sticky, it looks like there's an override folder that makes it so that my changes would stick through future patches and stuff, so that's good. 

make an override folder, create a new text file named (insert name).gamdatabundle inside that

copy over whatever u want to edit from the original gamedatabundles

edit away, make sure the start and end of your new modded file are correct and save

the stuff u want edited is scattered across a few files, statuseffects, abilities, attacks

you could start by downloading some existing mods to analyze their mod structure and learn from them

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 2

stfu

Productive, thanks!

make an override folder, create a new text file named (insert name).gamdatabundle inside that

copy over whatever u want to edit from the original gamedatabundles

edit away, make sure the start and end of your new modded file are correct and save

the stuff u want edited is scattered across a few files, statuseffects, abilities, attacks

you could start by downloading some existing mods to analyze their mod structure and learn from them

Alright, thanks!

There's a tool for modding in this forum (see the Spiritual Successor thread) that functions better than mass-editing via notepad (which is awful), and less likely to result in errors. Especially if you're going to edit a lot of things, I'd strongly suggest using it to prevent errors.

There's a tool for modding in this forum (see the Spiritual Successor thread) that functions better than mass-editing via notepad (which is awful), and less likely to result in errors. Especially if you're going to edit a lot of things, I'd strongly suggest using it to prevent errors.

Okay, thank you! I'll definitely take a look at that. 

Do you know if it'd allow for the kind of "Half-editing" that I'm wanting to do? I.E. making sure Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming have an internal cooldown while still letting them have a 20% attack speed boost? 

Also, is there a way to re-enable achievements using this? Because I assume mods disable them like using console commands. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

I had a longer post written up but my phone freaked out the reply text box somehow & I couldn't scroll anymore. So the short version:

AFAIK, adding mods does not disable achievements, as there's not a toggle or anything to turn them on or off. I could be mistaken, however.

For the other bit, you should be able to make that specific change if you desire, but I'm not sure if the reverse is possible. It seems like that would likely be a scripting function, and I'm not sure scripts are available to mod. I could be very wrong on this one, but everything I've seen in the asset bundles (what we actually mod) is some type of game "object": abilities, progression tables, items, status effects, etc.

So there's a lot of things about the game that can be changed from one thing to another, or added on to & such. But I'm not sure it's possible to change "how things work". IE, you could change the base recovery time of an ability/spell/weapon from 3s to 1s, but I haven't seen anything that would let you change how the recovery formula works to reduce a 3s base recovery time to 1s with 3 DEX, if that makes sense.