I was playing around with a blunderbuss sp you can flank yourself. I want to try a build with serefans aoe blunderbuss since they're both single projectiles and with the modal you'll pump out even more aoe damage. You could go zerker and use the extra pen and armor from frenzy still and if you became bloodied your damage could really get crazy especially I'd you start barb smashing at lower hp.

You could also use blunderbuss as an alpha strike with the modal than switch to melee and frenzy.

I

I'm not saying guns wouldn't work but A) I don't think frenzy and street fighter passive would speed up reload. B) why be close and personal for that passive and use guns? Also thematically not a fan of guns prefer melee or bows and melee hybrid. Just me.

Prior to 1.1 I was running Maurader solo PotD till around level 15 and she was brutal DW or TH. Obviously, flanking was not an issue and ranged was not an option, however, once Maurader gets Bloodied triggering recovery reduction and extra damage, with health on kill, she was almost unstoppable. Get high CON and MIG and get Bloodied. 

Edited by knownastherat

One Stands Alone: +20% Melee Damage, that it requires +1 Enemies to be Flanked was not relevant for me

Thick Skinned: +1 armor rating against weapon damage with +1 enemies engaged again inconsequential

not sure what else you have in mind.

Basically, from Rogue Escape, Smoke Veil and Finishing Blow trees and passives, and from Barbarian Frenzy*, Barbaric Blow** and passives. In group you can skip Smoke Veil I guess and replace Escape tree with something else. My build revolves around passives, getting Bloodied under Frenzy and dealing a large amount of damage while triggering Bloodlust and self-heals on kills. 

*Spirit Tornado was triggering Staggered/Terrified through Carnage. 

**Barbaric Smash refunds rage if kills

Edited by knownastherat

Yeah sorry I didn't mean how does the build work. I'm aware but I was worried I should pass on one or two of the engagement increases. Iirc there's three or so so you would not get street fighter bonus unless you have 4 people beating on you which seemed too much for potd difficulty.

I'm currently playing with Marauder (Berserker + Streetfighter) and while it's not a most stable mix, it's pretty fun. I'm still early on, so can't tell how it synergies with high level abilities (around level 7 right now).

Personally I went with Death godlike for rp reasons, though triggering racial ability allows you to see when you reach near death state.

1) You can start fight with blunderbus (maybe even dual) shot, triggering flanked on yourself and then switch to melee. Downside is that's tedious to switch between weapons and reactivate modals.

2) You can throw firecrackers or use unique gloves (2 firecrackers casts per rest) under your feet, triggering distracted on yourself and enemies, not sure how it scales, but it was reliably triggering for me.

I had about 1 second recovery time on my swords by stacking recovery reducing effects (frenzy, bloodlust, streetfighter, dual wield, talking sword), Crits and sneak attacks hit really hard when you manage to trigger both requirements on streetfighter.

Having stacked action speed and reduced recovery also allows to use items almost twice as fast as other characters, so you can go for deep pockets and throw bombs, summons, use drugs or drink potions (renewable by unique belt).

I wonder if it's possible to use Priest to keep Marauder alive by throwing 'prevent dying' spell and then prolonging it with 'add time to beneficial effects'. I haven't reached it yet, so can't tell if it would play out. I would be tempted to go without armor in this case for the ultimate-bait tactic. Death godlike +3 power level bonus would be welcome as well.

Yeah sorry I didn't mean how does the build work. I'm aware but I was worried I should pass on one or two of the engagement increases. Iirc there's three or so so you would not get street fighter bonus unless you have 4 people beating on you which seemed too much for potd difficulty.

What does the number of people you can engage, have to do with flanking?