Which sidekick would you most want to see become a full companion in a future Pillars game or DLC?

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which sidekick would you most want to see become a full companion in a future Pillars game or DLC?

• Fassina
    • Konstanten
    • Mirke
    • Rekke
    • Ydwin

Gentle reminder to those wanting to romance Ydwin: she's physically dead. Dead. Like Batman's parents.

I'm saying this in a futile attempt to stop the inevitable crashing wave of the internet.

wait Batman's parents are dead spoilers mang

And hey, who are you to say that a consenting adult corpse can't find love? WHATS YOUR PROBLEM

02.gif

• Like 1

Ydwin or Rekke, ended up voting Ydwin but either are great options. Fassina could work but her involvment in the plot just isn't that interesting compared to most of the others. Hands guy????????

Mirke is a bit one dimensional, they could add banter though and a few entertaining interjections.

• Like 1

So how can it be that I haven't played the game but I already know that I want it to be Rekke? :wub:

• Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Dead men tell no tales, but what about girls?

Ydwin.

I value companions who could some input about lore during quest, and having animancy insight could be it.

But none of other ocmpanions annoys me, so all will be fine.

Edited by evilcat

I would say Ydwin - her hook is actually legit, and I would really like to learn more about the wheel. While it would be nice to get some minor content for others, I don’t see much appeal in making them companions.

I wonder how different the results would have been if the poll had separated "in a future Pillars game" and "in DLC" as individual questions? I know I would have voted for Rekke for a sequel, but went for Ydwin in the poll since Deadfire DLC are closer at hand.

• Like 2

After playing the game, recruiting them all, getting to know them, and learning their class situation....

Yeah I vote Rekke.  He has strong class options with good synergy for multiclass.  He is an interesting character because unlike every other new companion he has no stake in the faction game, and he is from a unique culture.  From the one conversation you get with him he seems to be an easy going sort with a good personality.  Like take Eder, make him a little more morally ambiguous, and toss out all the religion hang ups.

I just feel he has the most potential.

Runner ups?  Ydwin, because the game still needs an actual animancer companion, not to mention more than one elf.  Fassina, because the game needs more than one Wizard, and she could have some very interesting insights into the whole wizards council etc etc.   Also the game lacks a good salty/moody companion and she fits the bill.

Losers?  Mirke, we already have a blue orlan pirate.  She is cool as heck, but not a deep character.  Konstanten, yes, we need dwarf companion, but they need to have a personality and not be boring as heck first.

• Like 2

I think either Ydwin or Rekke have the most potential to be interesting companions. Fassina and Konstanten are just kinda there and don't interest me much, though I love Konstanten's laugh in battle. Mirke is a joke character... I'd love to see her get *more* interactions but I'm not sure she needs to be super fully expanded. 

So how can it be that I haven't played the game but I already know that I want it to be Rekke? :wub:

Cos he's amazing xD

He will, he will Rekke you.[/Queen]

He can rekke me anytime  :brows:

• Like 5

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

i guess i'm forced to follow popular opinion again, Ydwin would definitely be my first choice.

rekke would be a close second, assuming they do something good with his backstory of course. 

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Fassina is troll companion class wise. She is conjurer, which could be interesting in some melee wizard build, but her other classes are only Sorcerer and Loremaster. Very hard to use ocnjuring that way.

The rest sidekick generally have at least one good option. With Rekke and Mirke having most martial focused combos.

Still: Vote Ydwin 2018.

I voted for Mirke, because we can never have too much Mirke. :p

But, in all seriousness, Ydwin's the very obvious choice for me. To me she's basically Deadfire's Oom - and same as Oom provided a lot of much-needed connective tissue between several elements of Tides of Numenera's setting and story once he was finally reinstated into the game, Ydwin likewise could prove a great chance to expand on the main story by exploring more aspects about the Wheel, the gods' role in the rebirth cycle, souls and so on. The fact that her "hook" is so closely related to the main story and what is happening with Eothas and so on, immediately makes her the best candidate for expanding. I still haven't run across Rekke so I cannot comment on him specifically (I still don't have my computer back), but yeah.

• Like 5

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I want see more drunk mirke. Also fun to remind obsidian about naked blue orlan. (every obsidian game must ask obsidian if has naked blue drunk orlan)

I wish we could go pick up Devil of Coroc, give more lines to that sarcastic sword. I love the sarcasm makes me smile.

Intersting question how they going to do companions for POE 3?

They going bring back eder aloth and pal again who will they keep from POE 2 and hows that going to work with new companions as thats could be full team of just old companions.

Sorry I know some that's not what this threads about.

Intersting question how they going to do companions for POE 3?

They going bring back eder aloth and pal again who will they keep from POE 2 and hows that going to work with new companions as thats could be full team of just old companions.

Sorry I know some that's not what this threads about.

No one wants to hear this, but... after Sawyer said that "full" companions (and their associated personal quests) were very expensive to implement, and "sidekicks" were introduced, I immediately suspected that future games will have fewer (or none at all) "full" companions, and just a wide assortment of "sidekicks."

They're cheaper to make, which means Obsidian can make more of them, which means players get a wider variety of class/subclass types to play with.

Honestly, I liked the sidekicks more than I thought I would when they first announced as a stretchgoal. And since the "full" companions' quests and dialogue was dramatically cut compared to Pillars 1, the sidekicks didn't look like such a downgrade.

I do hope that in future installments the dumbed-down companions get more dialogue/interactions than, say, Ydwin or Konstanten in Deadfire - especially if they will be replacing what we consider "full" companions entirely. I would also like for ALL of the dumbed-down companions to have unique classes/subclass/skills, to further set them apart from the player, hirelings, and one another. Still expensive, but hopefully not as expensive as the companions from Pillars 1.

No one wants to hear this, but... after Sawyer said that "full" companions (and their associated personal quests) were very expensive to implement, and "sidekicks" were introduced, I immediately suspected that future games will have fewer (or none at all) "full" companions, and just a wide assortment of "sidekicks."

That's just absurd. Companions are the main appeal of party-based RPG's. It doesn't matter how much they cost, any Pillars game without "full" companions would be a stillbirth.

• Like 1

That's just absurd. Companions are the main appeal of party-based RPG's. It doesn't matter how much they cost, any Pillars game without "full" companions would be a stillbirth.

i agree that a pillars game without full companions would have just about non-existent sales... however, i could still see them "streamlining" the available companions to a much smaller selection, and supplementing that with more sidekicks, however horrible that may be.

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

should be an alternative option for giving the existing companions more development.  would get our vote.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

any Pillars game without "full" companions would be a stillbirth.

i agree that a pillars game without full companions would have just about non-existent sales

Please compare companions in Pillars 1 to "companions" in Deadfire. It's already happened, and we're still paying for it.

The addition of the relationship system makes it easier to overlook, I think.

Edited by CENIC

Please compare companions in Pillars 1 to "companions" in Deadfire. It's already happened, and we're still paying for it.

Please replay Pillars 1. Apart from the 2 Avellone-companions no companion has more than 5 3 minutes of dialoge and and 1 shallow quest. While I really dislike the Deadfire-companions on a character-level, they certainly don't have less content than the ones from P1. Which doesn't mean it's much either.