Which sidekick would you most want to see become a full companion in a future Pillars game or DLC?

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which sidekick would you most want to see become a full companion in a future Pillars game or DLC?

• Fassina
    • Konstanten
    • Mirke
    • Rekke
    • Ydwin

Of course Rekke! Konstanten and Fassina hardly have any potential and Mirke may be funny but I think she is one-dimensional (Drink and have fun) and so a good sidekick but no good companion, even though I like her multiclasses. Ydwin also offers some possibilities to work with but she has the same problem as Tekehu: 50% like/hate her.

Rekke comes from an unknown location and learns aedyrian(?) so he could develope in an anti- or pro-eastern reach person. He already is a companion, just without a quest.

If youd ask me for my second choice I‘d prefer simply a conpletely new character as the sidekicks are ok as they are.

• Like 2

I voted for Rekke, but he only beat out Ydwin because I think he's cute.  :wub:

Both of them have interesting backstories that I'd like to see explored as full companions.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Gentle reminder to those wanting to romance Ydwin: she's physically dead. Dead. Like Batman's parents.

I'm saying this in a futile attempt to stop the inevitable crashing wave of the internet.

• Like 9

Gentle reminder to those wanting to romance Ydwin: she's physically dead. Dead. Like Batman's parents.

I'm saying this in a futile attempt to stop the inevitable crashing wave of the internet.

Lol, but what if she becomes a companion and have a quest involving fixing her soul back into her?

I mean... So is Watcher in this game.. 

Skazz, she's a necrophile's ideal woman.

• Like 2

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

To be honest, if the price tag isn't set too high (and 25$ is not too high from my personal perspective) I'd totally buy a DLC specifically to make Ydwin a proper full companion. I say Ydwin as the hooks of Konstanten, Fassina and Mirke don't interest me as much, and Rekke is much too much future Pillars game fodder.

My money's on Living Dead Girl. She's the most interesting one from the bunch for me - (appropriated) culture, backstory, personality, condition - all that jazz.

Rekke I also really like, but as mentioned somewhere else I don't find him as interesting as a *character* compared to Ydwin. He's an exposition device - mostly interesting beacuse of his unique culture, not his personality - similarly to Kana for instance. Good sequel material, not exactly a DLC one. You may yell at me at your leisure.

Konstanten is fine as a sidekick - he has simple motivations and simple personality. He works as intended.

Fassina I don't like and/or don't care about, so I have no opinion on her becoming a companion in one way or another.

...And - as ashamed I am to admit that - technically, romance with Ydwin *can* work. It would require writers to be subtle and clever about it, downplay/remove the sex and kisses aspect and underline the emotional connection between her and the Watcher. "Person I care about is devolving into a mindless beast" for instance, is a theme as old as time that done well, can at least lead to some nice dramatic moments. But after what we got in terms of romance in base game - I really don't want to see the writers try to tackle her romance in any way.

Edited by aksrasjel
  • Like 1

Konstanten and Fassina each have enough characterization to be compelling sidekicks, but not enough to be a full-fledged companions, though this could technically be expanded in a DLC

Mirke's as shallow as they come, so perfect sidekick material.

Rekke's fun, but I'm afraid he'll be more of a plot vehicle than an actual companion, should he be "upgraded" in Deadfire. If PoE3 does something involving his homeland it'd work better.

Ydwin offers the most potential: there's a connection with the main quest and factions, clear characterisation, and a reason to travel with you. I really hope she'll be "upgraded" at some point.

• Like 1

Rekke! I think Ydwin should be one too and I just love Konstanten's voice and personality. Plus he washes my hair!

• Like 1

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

wait Batman's parents are dead spoilers mang

And hey, who are you to say that a consenting adult corpse can't find love? WHATS YOUR PROBLEM

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Sure, whatever.  tumblr_oh62rz3UAH1un8qsqo4_500.png

• Like 5