Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

favorite and least favorite god(s) in deadfire?

deadfire pillarsofeternity2 gods

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite/least favorite god(s)? (193 member(s) have cast votes)

Which god did yo like the most

1. Berath (66 votes [20.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.95%

2. Eothas (44 votes [13.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.97%

3. Woedica (2 votes [0.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.63%

4. Skaen (6 votes [1.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.90%

5. Magran (21 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

6. Hylea (27 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

7. Ondra (5 votes [1.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.59%

8. Abydon (32 votes [10.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.16%

9. Rymrgand (30 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

10. Wael (22 votes [6.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

11. Galawain (15 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

12. Nemnok the devourer (45 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Which did you dislike the most

1. Berath (10 votes [3.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.07%

2. Eothas (19 votes [5.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

3. Woedica (92 votes [28.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.22%

4. Skaen (59 votes [18.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.10%

5. Magran (15 votes [4.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.60%

6. Hylea (15 votes [4.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.60%

7. Ondra (37 votes [11.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.35%

8. Abydon (5 votes [1.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

9. Rymrgand (26 votes [7.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.98%

10. Wael (22 votes [6.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.75%

11. Galawain (19 votes [5.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

12. Nemnok the devourer (7 votes [2.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well, here’s my crackpot theory on this:

Personally, I feel like the weirdly overindulgent god cameos are setups for future DLC material. I have a hunch these shorter DLC adventures may revolve around individual gods, and will be direct continuations of quests already present in the game.

Consider:

-Rymrgand plainly states that he is not done with you (obvious setup for Beast of Winter)
-Galawain’s personal involvement in the monstrous engineered sea beasties of Deadfire may hint at a part in Seeker, Slayer, Survivor (a combat-themed DLC revolving around facing “Eora’s most skilled and savage”)
-Wael’s presence in the observatory/Arkemyr quest meshes well with the Forgotten Sanctum DLC (and the blurb confirms it will revolve around both eldritch secrets and the archmage council)

Too much of a coincidence, no?
  • illathid, AndreaColombo, glennjones130486 and 11 others like this

Mazama

Mazama

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

​Nemnok, because his boss fight was fun.

Abydon took a meteor to the face for the sake of kith, so he's alright in my book. Eothas would be okay if his plans didn't involve starting wars or potentially causing the apocalypse.

Woedica is my least favorite, because she's just a bitter old crone shaking fists impotently while saying nasty things. When she's not trying to devour the souls of infants to become relevant again. Rymrgand would make an interesting antagonist, because he comes across as fairly menacing and competent. The other gods are intimidated by him and he figured out Eothas' plan quickly.

• wRAR, Parasol_Syndicate and ShakotanSolari like this

Slotharingia

Slotharingia

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Favourite: Nemnok, of course. I even agree with his goal of freeing imps from servitude.

Least favourite I picked Woedica, but I pretty much dislike most of them. Abydon is okay, I don't hate Berath or Hylea and I liked Wael in 1. Deadfire Wael has nothing going for it besides that it looks epic.

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Deadfire Wael has nothing going for it besides that it looks epic.

It's not supposed to look like that though. The text says that Wael's silhouette should be kith, not some weird floating... whatever that thingy was. 

But I liked the way he "talked" to us in the observatory, writing messages in the stars and using the moon for a smile. Gave me the Cheshire cat vibe. 

• StarlaBlaise and Slotharingia like this

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Deadfire Wael has nothing going for it besides that it looks epic.

It's not supposed to look like that though. The text says that Wael's silhouette should be kith, not some weird floating... whatever that thingy was. 

But I liked the way he "talked" to us in the observatory, writing messages in the stars and using the moon for a smile. Gave me the Cheshire cat vibe. 

Wael has multiple aspects but it seems like there was a 1 painting per god rule for those scenes (probably a budget thing). Wael's mass of floating eye's appearence is referenced in the convo after Magrans teeth. You are just supposed to imagine the rest, like Berath was described to shift between both aspects before settleing on the Pallid Knight but there is only a painting of the Knight. I guess it's better than POE 1 where there was nothing at all to look at and it just described what the watcher saw when speaking to the gods.

In fact the entry about wael says they have no consistant appearence.

Edited by Mikeymoonshine, 02 June 2018 - 04:34 PM.

• Skazz and Slotharingia like this

wRAR

wRAR

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

When Wael asks you to scatter the souls that is at least interesting, makes you wonder what would happen if you did that, makes you wonder why Wael wants you to do that ect.

Not really. It's just "do this stupid random thing because, and only because, it suits my portfolio". Nothing interesting for the Watcher there.

Heijoushin

Heijoushin

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1304 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I felt the god we got to know best this time round was Berath. The opening scene with the Usher, Pallid Knight and the tarot cards was really cool, even if tarot cards are a little trope-y in RPG character creation sequences. Although I do question why

Spoiler

Naturally, Nemnok also made a big impression. His look reminded me of Exodus from Ultima 3 (the box art).

Out of the others? Hmmm... I dunno, great artwork, but none of them particularly stood out in the conversations. 

My least favorite was Eothas, for stepping on my house, being an awful god of light and redemption, and
Spoiler

Edited by Heijoushin, 03 June 2018 - 12:05 AM.

• Mikeymoonshine and Slotharingia like this

evilcat

evilcat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 911 posts

Most: Magran, she just wants things done, or set ablaze, or both

Least: Berathina, cant romance her. She is such Tsundere.  ;-(

Edited by evilcat, 03 June 2018 - 12:11 AM.

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wael has multiple aspects but it seems like there was a 1 painting per god rule for those scenes (probably a budget thing). Wael's mass of floating eye's appearence is referenced in the convo after Magrans teeth. 

The ever shifting kith figure surrouned by a mass of floating eyeballs is referenced right there too. We got the eyeballs all right, but not the figure. I know Wael doesn't have a single consistent appearance, but this particular form is described in the text that goes with the picture (he also had it in PoE 1 by the way). They don't say "Ondra looked like an angler fish" and show us an eel because who cares, it leaves underwater too, right? Yet they do exactly that with Wael. 

And to be honest, I didn't like it that we only saw Berath as the Pallid Knight in those pictures either. In the first game Berath was this neutral enigmatic twin god that rarely speaks to its followers. In Deadfire Berath gave me an impression of a rather chatty goth girl. My biggest disappointment in the gods department by far. Wish they kept her old voice from Teir Evron and found a way to throw Usher into those pictures somehow. 

• Slotharingia likes this

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm sad because there is no "None" and "All of them".

Each and every single one of the "gods" in Eora are total asses who only care about the kith as it relates to their stranglehold on power, right up to using kith as their own personal spare batteries.

**** 'em all.

• Slotharingia likes this

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wael has multiple aspects but it seems like there was a 1 painting per god rule for those scenes (probably a budget thing). Wael's mass of floating eye's appearence is referenced in the convo after Magrans teeth. 

The ever shifting kith figure surrouned by a mass of floating eyeballs is referenced right there too. We got the eyeballs all right, but not the figure. I know Wael doesn't have a single consistent appearance, but this particular form is described in the text that goes with the picture (he also had it in PoE 1 by the way). They don't say "Ondra looked like an angler fish" and show us an eel because who cares, it leaves underwater too, right? Yet they do exactly that with Wael. 

And to be honest, I didn't like it that we only saw Berath as the Pallid Knight in those pictures either. In the first game Berath was this neutral enigmatic twin god that rarely speaks to its followers. In Deadfire Berath gave me an impression of a rather chatty goth girl. My biggest disappointment in the gods department by far. Wish they kept her old voice from Teir Evron and found a way to throw Usher into those pictures somehow. 

I suppose it's kind of hard to depict something that is constantly changeing with one picture. I think if they do something like that again they need to do it more like a comic book which switches between different paintings ect.

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I felt the god we got to know best this time round was Berath. The opening scene with the Usher, Pallid Knight and the tarot cards was really cool, even if tarot cards are a little trope-y in RPG character creation sequences. Although I do question why

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Heijoushin likes this

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
i wanted to pick Nemnok as my favorite god, but... i just couldn't do it. so hylea was my pick. she seemed to be the least antagonizing of the gods, besides perhaps eathos (well, minus the whole murdering thousands of innocents to get to the end bit, that kind of kills the whole benevolent deity thing for eathos).

who do i like the least? well... honestly, i can't name anyone but woedica for that particular role. i mean, why couldn't one of the gods drop a spare moon on her instead of... you know the engwithans, it was the engwithans ondra was trying to crush right? or whoever it was.

well, come to think of it i'm not particularly found of ondra, especially after my moon godlike playthrough.

Edited by Casper, 03 June 2018 - 03:58 AM.

• Mikeymoonshine likes this

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So far Nemnok is in the lead so far with Berath second and Eothas third for most liked.

Woedica is miles ahead for most disliked with Skean second and Rymrgand third.

Don't get the hate for Rymrgand, he was fun in this game imo. He was pretty much what you would expect as opposed to Abydon and Galawain who I found a bit bland despite both having the potential to be very cool.

• Casper likes this

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

i wanted to pick Nemnok as my favorite god, but... i just couldn't do it. so hylea was my pick. she seemed to be the least antagonizing of the gods, besides perhaps eathos (well, minus the whole murdering thousands of innocents to get to the end bit, that kind of kills the whole benevolent deity thing for eathos).

I allowed multiple picks for this very situation. :w00t:

Hylea seemed more worried about the Kith than she did about herself, unlike all the other gods apart from Eothas and Rymrgand. I think the thing is their benevolance is still from the perpective of a god. So it's kinda messed up.

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's hard to take Hylea's concern for the kith seriously after seeing how she can unleash a swarm of killer birds on the Dyrwood as a punishment for what one single person who isn't even a dyrwoodan did. 

• Heijoushin, Casper, Mikeymoonshine and 2 others like this

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

^ As evidenced by the fact that when a dragon slaughters her devotees in PoE 1, she can go all "lol dun care she's a mom too".

• Heijoushin, Yria, Baltic and 2 others like this

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

So far Nemnok is in the lead so far with Berath second and Eothas third for most liked.

Don't get the hate for Rymrgand, he was fun in this game imo. He was pretty much what you would expect as opposed to Abydon and Galawain who I found a bit bland despite both having the potential to be very cool.

i loved rymrgand in this game. even though my fourth character used the aggressive response during that conversation (because she was a formally devout priest of magran, and it was the most incharacter option available for her), though as i wanted to finish the run with this character... i figured for the reload maybe the cold weather would cool her temper. *sigh* i know i completely chickened out.  ;(

Edited by Casper, 03 June 2018 - 04:16 AM.

• Mikeymoonshine and SerenityHarkness like this

Slotharingia

Slotharingia

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I just find the whole concept of "destroy everything and replace it with nothing" really uninteresting. He's a suitable wildcard for when/if they decie to end the series. I also think the pantheon has too many gods associated with death in some way. 

• wRAR, Heijoushin and Mikeymoonshine like this

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I just find the whole concept of "destroy everything and replace it with nothing" really uninteresting. He's a suitable wildcard for when/if they decie to end the series. I also think the pantheon has too many gods associated with death in some way. 

well, they are kind of soul sucking vampire gods. i would be surprised if they all didn't have a hand in it in some fashion.

---edit typo

Edited by Casper, 03 June 2018 - 05:48 AM.

• Mikeymoonshine and Slotharingia like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deadfire, pillarsofeternity2, gods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users