Hey guys!

So, Patch 1.1 certainly changed a lot of things - some for the better (Priest Prayer buffs), some not so much (Cipher apparently got hit very hard). Before I start worrying about trying to mod skills and abilities (Or, more likely, asking someone else to do it for me), I wanted to get some opinions on the class I was intending to play when this all rolled out. 

The Brawler.

Swift Flurry/Mob Stance infinite proccing aside, there were a few considerable nerfs to Fighter and Monk in this patch. Turning Wheel for Shattered Pillar went down to a 10% Lash from a 25% Lash - And while I get that a 50% lash for a Monk with 10 wounds was absolutely bonkers, the modal now seems rather useless for this particular subclass. Likewise, while the nerf to Charge was somewhat warranted (Full attacks are VERY powerful with dual wielding so prevalent), the adjustment to Mob Stance (Instead of attacking all enemies, it's now a full attack on only one other enemy) limits the Fighter's AoE toolkit considerably. From a class balance perspective, this makes sense - if Fighters could do everything Barbarians could, while having the capability to wear heavier armor and thus not have the same sort of risk/reward play, why bother using Barbarian? 

So my question is, with Fighter's new role as a duelist (With, say, Conqueror's Stance instead of Mob Stance) is it worth playing in PotD as it is with a team comp? Or would it be worth looking into finding someone to do some light modding - say, make Charge and the Cleaving Stance proc primary attacks, and restore Turning Wheel to the way it was... perhaps only for Shattered Pillar, if possible). I think that's the main issue I'm having here - a lot of people on these boards build characters with the intent to challenge the game solo. And, since I haven't played enough with these companions to get sick of them yet, that's not my intent. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. Also, if I were to find someone to mod the game in this way, would I have to keep reinstalling the mod every time? Or would the changes to certain skills carry over from patch to patch? 

Swift Flurry/Mob Stance infinite proccing aside, there were a few considerable nerfs to Fighter and Monk in this patch. Turning Wheel for Shattered Pillar went down to a 10% Lash from a 25% Lash - And while I get that a 50% lash for a Monk with 10 wounds was absolutely bonkers, the modal now seems rather useless for this particular subclass. 

TW wasn't supposed to be good for Shattered Pillar. SP is a wound spending subclass and TW is a wound stacking skill ability.

Other subclasses and pure class got hit harder by this.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Swift Flurry/Mob Stance infinite proccing aside, there were a few considerable nerfs to Fighter and Monk in this patch. Turning Wheel for Shattered Pillar went down to a 10% Lash from a 25% Lash - And while I get that a 50% lash for a Monk with 10 wounds was absolutely bonkers, the modal now seems rather useless for this particular subclass. 

TW wasn't supposed to be good for Shattered Pillar. SP is a wound spending subclass and TW is a wound stacking skill ability.

Other subclasses and pure class got hit harder by this.

Fair enough. Though if I wanted to restore any of those skills back to how they were, or change their functionality slightly, would I have to keep doing that with every patch or no? 

I think Fighter is still viable as a multiclass choice, since it has useful passives and buffs (like Disciplined Strikes and the Fighter Stances).

As a single class though... I think Fighter is pretty bad now.

• Like 1