a nice surprise hidden in the beta patch...

Not sure about Ancient Rome, but Old Vailia is as close to Italy as Eora gets as far as I’m aware.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Not sure about Ancient Rome, but Old Vailia is as close to Italy as Eora gets as far as I’m aware.

With the southern accents getting oddly shoved into Eora's setting, maybe this godlike and those from wintery lands will get a Canadian accent and just be overly polite.

• Like 3

With the southern accents getting oddly shoved into Eora's setting, maybe this godlike and those from wintery lands will get a Canadian accent and just be overly polite.

"Dammit Rymrgodlike, all our supplies have spoiled again!"

"Soory, eh."

• Like 3

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

The imps are all Canadians, eh? (Mayhaps not very polite sort though). Better give him Russian accent - also cold-associated plus rare in RPGs. Additional perk of no negative effects from booze and immunity to hangovers would complement it nicely, too.

• Like 1

Pallegina: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY MISSHAPEN LOOKS!

Tekehu: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY ATTRACTIVE LOOKS!

Satan McSatanface: Screw looks, how do I even put my shirt on?

My poor death godlike got really cranky at poor Pallegina in the first game... so much so that she flat out refused to join her in Deadfire lol.

In her opinion it went like this; PC: death godlike covered I blistering scale things all over her face. Durance: he’s well... Durance. Ugliest mug that was never born godlike. Hiravias; Orlan with the highest libido this side of the Deadfire, but is an outcast with a forbidden spirit form, and had half his face ripped off...

And poor poor Pallegina, pretty feathers, flawless skin, stable job, relatively well respected by most people in town... the ability to leave the idiots that were picking on her and walk into any military outfit she likes...

Yes, poor Pallegina...

Don't forget Pallegina's prettiness is all due to Giacolo's severing of her bell thingy. Before he did that, she had a lot more feathers and a more beaklike nose. She was depressed enough about it (suicidal at 12!) to basically undergo a procedure that might have killed her. Also, she's only in her particular paladin order because they don't recognize her as having any gender at all - the paladin order usually only accepts men.

Sure it's not as bad as some others now, but I still say it's awful enough.

Z72.

My poor death godlike got really cranky at poor Pallegina in the first game... so much so that she flat out refused to join her in Deadfire lol.

In her opinion it went like this; PC: death godlike covered I blistering scale things all over her face. Durance: he’s well... Durance. Ugliest mug that was never born godlike. Hiravias; Orlan with the highest libido this side of the Deadfire, but is an outcast with a forbidden spirit form, and had half his face ripped off...

And poor poor Pallegina, pretty feathers, flawless skin, stable job, relatively well respected by most people in town... the ability to leave the idiots that were picking on her and walk into any military outfit she likes...

Yes, poor Pallegina...

Don't forget Pallegina's prettiness is all due to Giacolo's severing of her bell thingy. Before he did that, she had a lot more feathers and a more beaklike nose. She was depressed enough about it (suicidal at 12!) to basically undergo a procedure that might have killed her. Also, she's only in her particular paladin order because they don't recognize her as having any gender at all - the paladin order usually only accepts men.

Z72.

Doesn't Hiravias at one point ask Pallegina if that means she has a cloaca??

I seem to recall seeing that banter while wandering Defiance Bay and just about spitting my drink all over the screen :lol:

• Like 1

Yes, poor Pallegina...

Z72.

Oooh I completely missed this part of the dialogue (the extra feathers/beak etc that is)... or was it in a book or something... because I refuse to do homework on my games so I would have missed it if it was in a book or graphic novel. 

I'll have to go back to youtube and catch up on all the dialogue options I missed for her quests either way, because this would make my characters much more tolerant of her grumperizing!

That being said, for my poor death godlike it still doesn't trump the boilface/melty face/ripped face trio lol. 

Edited by Noctoi

Yes, poor Pallegina...

People also have complexes about different things. Externally, all you see are a person's actions and achievements; internally, a person can only see themselves contextualized by their history. Pallegina comes across as an attractive, confident, educated, physically powerful person, chosen at birth by the gods and gifted by fortune with status and purpose in life. But from Pallegina's own perspective, being Godlike has made her different from all those around her, denied her parental love or legal recognition of her gender, caused her to be sold to an organization where she's had to fight every step of the way for recognition, and generally forced her into a liminal existence where her achievements are recognized but her intrinsic personhood is denied. We see Pallegina at her peak, whereas she will always remember who she was at her lowest point, and why she was there in the first place.

(Hint: the reason is Hylea.)

• Like 9

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Oooh I completely missed this part of the dialogue (the extra feathers/beak etc that is)... or was it in a book or something... because I refuse to do homework on my games so I would have missed it if it was in a book or graphic novel. 

I'll have to go back to youtube and catch up on all the dialogue options I missed for her quests either way, because this would make my characters much more tolerant of her grumperizing!

That being said, for my poor death godlike it still doesn't trump the boilface/melty face/ripped face trio lol. 

It's in the conversations during her quest.

People also have complexes about different things. Externally, all you see are a person's actions and achievements; internally, a person can only see themselves contextualized by their history. Pallegina comes across as an attractive, confident, educated, physically powerful person, chosen at birth by the gods and gifted by fortune with status and purpose in life. But from Pallegina's own perspective, being Godlike has made her different from all those around her, denied her parental love or legal recognition of her gender, caused her to be sold to an organization where she's had to fight every step of the way for recognition, and generally forced her into a liminal existence where her achievements are recognized but her intrinsic personhood is denied. We see Pallegina at her peak, whereas she will always remember who she was at her lowest point, and why she was there in the first place.

(Hint: the reason is Hylea.)

Yes, this is exactly right. Well said.

• 2 weeks later...