a nice surprise hidden in the beta patch...

That's amazing! Thank you OP.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Maybe Rymrgand and Wael had some fun and this guy's the result.

If it was Rymrgand and Magran...

Ryrmrance.png

Ryrmranceb.png

Who knows, maybe Rymrgand is the mechanism for revenge that Durance was looking for. ;)

You're a horrible person! I can't unsee this! Although actually the second one isn't as bad. Not as recognizably Durance with the three eyes.

• Like 2

Pallegina: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY MISSHAPEN LOOKS!

Tekehu: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY ATTRACTIVE LOOKS!

Satan McSatanface: Screw looks, how do I even put my shirt on?

... wear a button-down?

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Kill it with fire!!!

I mean, fire would totally be the best way, right?

But seriously, this many-small-eyes-thing is making me very uncomfortable. Just like that one of the Crones in The Witcher 3. Blaaargh >_<

Edited by M4xw0lf

Where's that bit about Skaen godlikes from? I need to know for lore.

Their fate is mentioned in the guidebook, and I think the godlike crew in Pallegina's quest says something about it as well. 

• Like 1

Assuming he's a companion, here's hoping he's more Dorn Il-Khan and less "Yeah, I'm a Rymrgand godlike, but I wanna spread peace and happiness."

Meh. Both "sweetness and light" and "darkness and death" would be too cliche. I hope he's just an ordinary guy, going about his day, looking for a really good cup of coffee. Good coffee is hard to find, man.

• Like 4

Not if you’re in Italy, it isn’t. And by Italy I mean, of course, Old Vailia.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Assuming he's a companion, here's hoping he's more Dorn Il-Khan and less "Yeah, I'm a Rymrgand godlike, but I wanna spread peace and happiness."

Can I say I hope he's neither? I haven't yet finished the game but based on my couple of encounters with Rymrgand I feel this time around he's been played a lot more overtly as an evil/cruel god, whereas I feel that in the first game he seemed a lot more downplayed at the very least in this department, if not being a god of entropy simply because it is merely what he sees as the inevitable outcome. There's a very Coaxmetal feel about him: in Coaxmetal's case he was definitely a creation of the lower realms, but the character in question isn't "evil" or rather play to a classically "evil" personality; instead he aids the Nameless One when asked to forge or improve a blade and never seems reticent about engaging with those who have visited him (additionally this makes me wonder if Rymrgand was specifically Avellone's creation too). Rymrgand gave off a very similar impression the first time around, where he seemed both "willing" to engage (rather, indifferent, but not outright antagonistic) and whose overall vision, bleak and unforgiving as it was, didn't translate into him being outwardly cruel and aggressive in turn. Not so much in this game, and that is a bit disappointing. I hope that his role is more along the lines of the first game's interpretation instead, and I hope that this godlike is somewhat similar in this regard (i.e. grim, pessimistic, but not necessarily *evil*).

Mind that I wouldn't mind a character who *is* more evil, so long as it's not a moustache-twirling type of evil.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

having a companion who's believably "evil" would definitely be nice.

Meh. Both "sweetness and light" and "darkness and death" would be too cliche. I hope he's just an ordinary guy, going about his day, looking for a really good cup of coffee. Good coffee is hard to find, man.

I never saw Dorn as "darkness and death" - nor as a cliche. In fact, I think he's one of the few interesting and well-written evil NPCS companions in any RPG. 

All of the godlike in Pillars feel too "ordinary" to me. Pallegina? An anti-god gal with feathers. Teheku? A blue bloke with tons of pride. I'd like to see a godlike that exhibits some of the qualities of their godly parent, and Rymrgand's views, ideals, and personality are unique in the relative bland pool that is the other gods. 

Edited by Opheleus

Pallegina: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY MISSHAPEN LOOKS!

Tekehu: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY ATTRACTIVE LOOKS!

Satan McSatanface: Screw looks, how do I even put my shirt on?

My poor death godlike got really cranky at poor Pallegina in the first game... so much so that she flat out refused to join her in Deadfire lol.

In her opinion it went like this; PC: death godlike covered I blistering scale things all over her face. Durance: he’s well... Durance. Ugliest mug that was never born godlike. Hiravias; Orlan with the highest libido this side of the Deadfire, but is an outcast with a forbidden spirit form, and had half his face ripped off...

And poor poor Pallegina, pretty feathers, flawless skin, stable job, relatively well respected by most people in town... the ability to leave the idiots that were picking on her and walk into any military outfit she likes...

Yes, poor Pallegina...

• Like 4