a nice surprise hidden in the beta patch...

But is he romanceable. 

Asking the important questions.

Could be, as he looks rather horny

.....I'll see myself out

EDIT: if he turns out to be romanceable, I can't wait to see how Rymrgand reacts to it.

Rymrgand: My children are avatars of cold, death and entropy, doomed to an empty life devoid of meaning and love.

MC: Ayyy, lemme smash

Rymrgand: DON'T YOU DARE ADD MEANING TO HIS LIFE, WATCHER!

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 20

so in the beta patch there's a bunch of new portraits. most of them pale elf npcs. but there's also this one in the companion folder. i think they're a rymyrgand godlike?

Looks cool. I hope he is better than PoE1 DLC companions. 

so in the beta patch there's a bunch of new portraits. most of them pale elf npcs. but there's also this one in the companion folder. i think they're a rymyrgand godlike?

Are you implying that Zahua wasn’t amazing?

• Like 13

Well HE was okay... Hm... Okay then - i hope he will better then Maneha and Devil Of Caroc

Edited by Dopsim

Well HE was okay... Hm... Okay then - i hope he will better then Maneha and Devil Of Caroc

Are you implying that Devil Of Caroc wasn't amazing?

Also, am I the only one that wishes we could make charnames of ANY godlike?

• Like 2

Yes she was horrible and her quest was an abomination 

Yes she was horrible and her quest was an abomination 

I'm confused. Are we talking about Maneha already?

• Like 3

Oh my, i hope they don't write him against type, as some super nice and sensitive guy to subvert expectations. I'm sick off all the good aligned companions in this game. (let's hope he even is a companions and not just a sidekick.)

I'm not.  if they add some evil companion, all it guarantees is that I'll never use him, if I don't desperately need him the way I felt about having Durance around because he was the only priest companion.

I'd rather he was a sidekick so that they could add another good aligned companion.

• Like 1

I'm confused. Are we talking about Maneha already?

Does it matter? Fits both of them perfectly

I liked Devil of Caroc just fine actually

but I'm still much happier wearing pieces of her on my chest

I always disliked her, sorta.  Oh, not because of her personality, but it annoyed me that the only rogue companion in PoE1 wasn't available until far too late in the game (IMO).  I was far less bothered by Mahena's late availability for 2 reasons.  1. I don't really like barbs, so had no pressing reason to want to pick her up, except to do her personal quest.  And 2. I don't consider barbarians a critical class to have.  They're just another frontliner class (which is why I don't see them as critical).  And with Eder and Pallegina available earlier, there was no pressing need to get Mahena earlier.

Well, there's a new free DLC coming out—supposedly two weeks after the first one, which means next week. So... maybe...

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

hmmm I wonder why the 3 eyes. Just because, why not or significant?

Maybe Rymrgand and Wael had some fun and this guy's the result.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well, there's a new free DLC coming out—supposedly two weeks after the first one, which means next week. So... maybe...

Nah, I expect something smaller. This looks to be like some Beast of Winter teaser - intentional or not. After all, it’s the first expansion to come out in about a month time.

in the guidebook there's a saint described as being short, having white hair, and looking very old even from birth. everywhere he went entropy followed. no mention of horns though but that's suggestive. and there's a reference to someone from "the east" showing up tied to a ship. she had (small) antlers and a "second mouth" around her neck. 

and as weird as vatnir looks, skaen godlikes are even worse. no eyes, ears, nose, or lips with sharp teeth pulled into a permanent grin  and covered in scars. it goes without saying that huana kill skaen godlikes at birth.

Edited by topologista
  • Like 1

So I would point out this is not the spoiler forum, but I am beginning to suspect no one posting these threads even looks.

That said, yeah, nice portrait.  Clearly tied to dlc.  Hopefully the first one will be fun times.

If it was Rymrgand and Magran...

Ryrmrance.png

CANNOT UNSEEE...

4yoWV0J.gif

• Like 6
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

If it was Rymrgand and Magran...

Ryrmrance.png

Needs 3 bulging eyes. YOU HAD ONE JOB!

• Like 3

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.