a nice surprise hidden in the beta patch...

I am actually more interested what role is he supposed to play in a game. New companion? - very unlikely. New temporary companion maybe? Yet *another* sidekick? Beacuse he's probably not just some random NPC?

• Like 1

Oh my, i hope they don't write him against type, as some super nice and sensitive guy to subvert expectations. I'm sick off all the good aligned companions in this game. (let's hope he even is a companions and not just a sidekick.)

Edited by Dialekktik
  • Like 4

If Skaen godlike are considered the most misshapen ones... makes me wonder if I want to know what THEY look like  :wacko:

Or Wael's (a beholder full of eyes?), or burnt mugs of Woedica's...

• Like 4

I am actually more interested what role is he supposed to play in a game. New companion? - very unlikely. New temporary companion maybe? Yet *another* sidekick? Beacuse he's probably not just some random NPC?

All new portraits found are most likely from incoming DLC. So companion is not out of the question.

• Like 3

Pallegina: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY MISSHAPEN LOOKS!

Tekehu: MY LIFE IS RUINED BY MY HORRIBLY ATTRACTIVE LOOKS!

Satan McSatanface: Screw looks, how do I even put my shirt on?

Top 5 post I’ve ever read on this forum.

• Like 7

All new portraits found are most likely from incoming DLC. So companion is not out of the question.

Since most of the portraits found are Pale Elves, I wonder if this godlike is also a Pale Elf?

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

To be honest, I would be VERY surprised if he was to become a fully-fleshed out companion out of the blue. Sawyer went on and on how "much work" writing and adding a companion it is for Deadfire - although after seeing the relationship system in action, I suspect he might have been a bit overdramatic with this statement. 

Also there is entire conga line of sidekicks waiting to be expanded to full companion status. I would suspect that he might be at best a Joshua Graham-style temporary companion for the DLC. Or he's simply - and for me most likely - yet another sidekick. They are easy and cheap to make - and someone at Obsidian probably still thinks they are an excellent addition to the game. Again, I may be - and probably am - wrong, but that's my guess.

• Like 1

I just wish they added the new godlike to the cc.....

MC: *make avian godlike and go whole time like  :dancing: *

Pallegina:  :banghead:

• Like 3
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Since most of the portraits found are Pale Elves, I wonder if this godlike is also a Pale Elf?

Perhaps, Rymrgand likes messing with pale elves.

I just wish they added the new godlike to the cc.....

MC: *make avian godlike and go whole time like  :dancing: *

Pallegina:  :banghead:

Avian Godlike MC: LEMME SMASH

Avian Godlike MC: PLEASE

Pallegina: PER COMPLANCA POSTENAGO

• Like 14

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Or he's simply - and for me most likely - yet another sidekick. They are easy and cheap to make - and someone at Obsidian probably still thinks they are an excellent addition to the game. Again, I may be - and probably am - wrong, but that's my guess.

I feel like people(fans) would go mad if after adding 3 companions in Pillars 1 DLC, Obsidian would go on to not add a single one in Pillars 2 DLC's. And if they add any, it might as well be him.

• Like 1

It dont have to be full companin. Some aspects of companion i could pass on:

- judging every move (relation system)

- romance (teheku is enought)

- faction affiliation

What is nice:

- bacstory to tell on ship if we ask for

- some interactions with quests, input

- some interactions with full companions

Personal quests is complex matter, since Pallegina one or Eders was quite interesting. But Aloth was like running to one place to look at some woman. I could skip that.

One way to go is to do quest in general, and make sidekick questgiver (in the Fassina style).

• Like 3