I feel they went nuts with the nerf. Honestly, if its a freaking large two-hander, why it does so small damage? I think they should have made it so it works more akin to Carnage, dealing like 70-80% of normal 2H dmg to the original target, and 30-40% in the cone(which is also a friendly fire one), instead of making the dmg so small tis ridiculous. I didn't even bother to check when i got it because of the dmg being so small.

Eh? The patch is already there and the bug (double hits on every enemy) got removed. The rest stays the same.

It was hitting twice only vs the main target. I don't know if it was a bug or not but if it stays like that it will become garbage vs single targets.

• Like 1

That's ok since it really seems to be made for fighting groups and is pretty good at it. 9 -15 isn't so great but the AoE pollaxe even has only 9-13.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I feel they went nuts with the nerf. Honestly, if its a freaking large two-hander, why it does so small damage? I think they should have made it so it works more akin to Carnage, dealing like 70-80% of normal 2H dmg to the original target, and 30-40% in the cone(which is also a friendly fire one), instead of making the dmg so small tis ridiculous. I didn't even bother to check when i got it because of the dmg being so small.

That would have been the best solution.

Eh? The patch is already there and the bug (double hits on every enemy) got removed. The rest stays the same.

Not everybody opts in for the beta patches. It won't be officially released in a week+.

So now it only hits the target twice and the rest of the cone takes the low base damage? How does it stack up to other Greatswords like Voidwheel and Sanguine Greatsword post patch?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The second part only appeared if you imported a PoE1-Savegame where you forged the Blade of the Endless Paths.

Good grief. Who wouldn't forge that estoc back in PoE1? That's just so stupid.

It's a bug that was fixed in the beta patch.

Edited by Ensign

I like the new version of Whisper, it is more balanced with other 2h sword.

You really feel that?

I think literally every other 2H in the game is better than WotEP now. That puny damage really doesn't work against single-targets, which is what matters (melee guys aren't really crowd controllers.) The same character with BotEP likely out-DPS WotEP with ease.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's a weapon for crowds. It's easy to just switch to a good two hander for single targets and switch back to the WotEP once you face a mob.

It also has a crushing lash that makes up for the low base dmg a bit.

The base damage is really low though. Like a fast one-handed basically. It could do with a bit more.

You really feel that?

I think literally every other 2H in the game is better than WotEP now. That puny damage really doesn't work against single-targets, which is what matters (melee guys aren't really crowd controllers.) The same character with BotEP likely out-DPS WotEP with ease.

If you manage to hit two enemy with WotEP, it does almost same damage as other 2h swords. But the shining point is you can put affliction on anyone u hit. And with good mobility I’m able to hit 3 enemy usually. And the riposte is really good if u r a paladin/wizard who has high deflection. Riposte might not be so good after patch, I have to test it in the game now :)

In my previous playthrough, I did a paladin/rogue build who heavily rely on escape and WotEP, with high INT I’m using escape like a mini version of Arcane Veil, and relocate myself to find as many enemy as possible to hit with the sword. If u wanna hit me? Sorry I have double riposte which can deal some serious damage. The damage is low at beginning but once I get Deep Wounds, it become very decent because my attack + riposte triggers a lot raw DoT ticks.

Also that WotEP per encounter ability is really good for backstabbing ;) try it and u will be surprised. So basically I have good AOE, and some optional single target burst damage without switching weapon. I hate to swap weapon without quick switch honestly, so sad only fighter can access to it :/

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

You really feel that?

If you manage to hit two enemy with WotEP, it does almost same damage as other 2h swords. But the shining point is you can put affliction on anyone u hit. And with good mobility I’m able to hit 3 enemy usually. And the riposte is really good if u r a paladin/wizard who has high deflection. Riposte might not be so good after patch, I have to test it in the game now :)

In my previous playthrough, I did a paladin/rogue build who heavily rely on escape and WotEP, with high INT I’m using escape like a mini version of Arcane Veil, and relocate myself to find as many enemy as possible to hit with the sword. If u wanna hit me? Sorry I have double riposte which can deal some serious damage. The damage is low at beginning but once I get Deep Wounds, it become very decent because my attack + riposte triggers a lot raw DoT ticks.

Also that WotEP per encounter ability is really good for backstabbing ;) try it and u will be surprised. So basically I have good AOE, and some optional single target burst damage without switching weapon. I hate to swap weapon without quick switch honestly, so sad only fighter can access to it :/

So, new Whispers are usable now only on a quite narrow spectrum of builds which stack Deflection over the top. That is a poor balancing. The overall situation is very similar as with Unlabored Blade - instead of removing the cause, Obsidian remove the "symptoms" and call it balancing.

Been running a quick test with BotEP. Looks like that was the weapon I wanted all along, and I just wasted time thinking that I wanted WotEP.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Blade of the Endless Paths.

You can choose to reforge it, or merge it with Whispers of Yenwood to get Whispers of the Endless Paths.

What does it do now?

It's an estoc with -15% recovery and +1 Accuracy every 6s that stacks up to 10 times.

You can add an enchant that does +15% crit damage or one that applies a -4 Deflection debuff to the target for 45s and stacks up to 5 times.

• Like 1