Play now or wait for patching master thread

Reputation, companion relationship and dialogs, quest those zones you visit before taking them and prob a lot of other staff still broken so,,,,

?????

please elaborate?

how you no still broken? they did 1000+ fixes this patch

I would advise play the game now and then do another playthrough after the 3 expansions have been released

How did you count 1000+ fixes lol

And if you know that many fixes are in place,

Why you didn't realize something as important as companion relationship bug has not been fixed yet?

That person don't need to elaborate. YOU need to elaborate.

I dont NEED to do anything you git

Obsidian stated themselves in the patch release that there are over 1000 fixes.

go read there patch notes

Edited by antman45454

Reputation, companion relationship and dialogs, quest those zones you visit before taking them and prob a lot of other staff still broken so,,,,

?????

please elaborate?

I would advise play the game now and then do another playthrough after the 3 expansions have been released

Why you didn't realize something as important as companion relationship bug has not been fixed yet?

That's a nice FYI from patch note...It's a subtle FYI as we *gain no knowledge* from that number without comparison.

1k known bugs fixed out of how many?

And see, you read & remember the patch notes in such detail, that's good, and still you can miss the critical companion relationship issue.

Seems the patch notes did not really help users to realize what's fixed and what's not.

Seriously, we get much much less info from patch notes than from other sources. Not good.

Edited by shadowbunker

i couldn't wait, so i've been playing since launch day. and yes still lots of bugs, the relationship & dialogue bugs are everywhere, but i still have to say, all things considered i'm still having fun. though i am constantly temped to put down PoE2 and go back to skyrim & fallout4 for a few months to wait for fixes, but i usually just plug back into deadfire anyway. 

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

?????

please elaborate?

That's a nice FYI from patch note...It's a subtle FYI as we *gain no knowledge* from that number without comparison.

1k known bugs fixed out of how many?

And see, you read & remember the patch notes in such detail, that's good, and still you can miss the critical companion relationship issue.

Seems the patch notes did not really help users to realize what's fixed and what's not.

Seriously, we get much much less info from patch notes than from other sources. Not good.

dude wtf are you on about. 

WHY DONT YOU GO READ THE ACTUAL PACTH NOTES.

your sounding like an idiot making all these comments when you havent even seen the patch notes 

The game has a ton of replayability. Play it now. Then again in 6 months.

Also anyone saying the game is broken is a moron.

I beat the game without encountering any game breaking bugs AND I unlocked 100% of the Achievements. I played for 75 hours.

The game is not broken. 

Edited by syphonhail

Hehe, somewhat true. All those harbingers of doom:

- The sales figures are so bad (I guess)!

- The game is broken (so broken I didn't even touch it, but I read about it in the Daily Mail)!

- The game gets released in parts (I assume)!

- I'm a miser and somehow it's Obsidian's fault - but I'm here to tell the truth (and insult you while doing so)!

- Duh!

Being a member of the Harbingers of Doom seems to entail an inability to communicate decently as well. It seems as if as soon as you enroll to the HoD list all manners and dignity get removed, you'll be given a link to a random game forum with the mission to pester as many threads you can with toxic talk and personal attacks. Then after some rambling you will reach the second rank: you'll become a Harbinger of Doom and Daffiness (HoDaD).

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism though.

The game has some annoying issues. And to some extend I don't get it how those things can pass QA. As I already said a few times: nobody in their right mind expects new, complex software to be bug free - but if I'd let such obvious glitches pass QA I would get (constructively) toasted by customers. Sure, it's not a game then and I would disrupt businesses and cost them money - so the overall motivation to find bugs might be bigger - but still. You only need to play the game for a few hours to encounter reputation and relationship problems etc. And it's true that exploring maps before you got some corresponding quests can mess up things (like I got attacked in the Undercroft because I didn't go to the crime lord first and several quests failed before I could even get them - because I had to kill all those people. Not really a bug but annoying as hell). But all that doesn't break the whole game.

I didn't encounter a single crash or other devastating bugs now in 80 hours (and 300+ hours of beta). Only thing that really broke was the Linux version in the early beta - but it was a beta.

I play it a bit atm just to get the hang of it - before I will do a serious playthrough. Balancing issues are what trouble me the most, but I'm a PG and don't like to roflstomp the game with even mediocre chars. But despite the balance and the bugs I think it's pretty good overall, not broken.

And even if it was broken I wouldn't feel the need to go all Hassknecht about it.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

- The game is broken (so broken I didn't even touch it, but I read about it in the Daily Mail)!

- I'm a miser and somehow it's Obsidian's fault - but I'm here to tell the truth (and insult you while doing so)!

- Duh!

Being a member of the Harbingers of Doom seems to entail an inability to communicate decently as well. It seems as if as soon as you enroll to the HoD list all manners and dignity get removed, you'll be given a link to a random game forum with the mission to pester as many threads you can with toxic talk and personal attacks. Then after some rambling you will reach the second rank: you'll become a Harbinger of Doom and Daffiness (HoDaD).

The game has some annoying issues. And to some extend I don't get it how those things can pass QA. As I already said a few times: nobody in their right mind expects new, complex software to be bug free - but if I'd let such obvious glitches pass QA I would get (constructively) toasted by customers. Sure, it's not a game then and I would disrupt businesses and cost them money - so the overall motivation to find bugs might be bigger - but still. You only need to play the game for a few hours to encounter reputation and relationship problems etc. And it's true that exploring maps before you got some corresponding quests can mess up things (like I got attacked in the Undercroft because I didn't go to the crime lord first and several quests failed before I could even get them - because I had to kill all those people. Not really a bug but annoying as hell). But all that doesn't break the whole game.

I didn't encounter a single crash or other devastating bugs now in 80 hours (and 300+ hours of beta). Only thing that really broke was the Linux version in the early beta - but it was a beta.

I play it a bit atm just to get the hang of it - before I will do a serious playthrough. Balancing issues are what trouble me the most, but I'm a PG and don't like to roflstomp the game with even mediocre chars. But despite the balance and the bugs I think it's pretty good overall, not broken.

And even if it was broken I wouldn't feel the need to go all Hassknecht about it.

Have to agree about trolls

So many trying sell idea that tyranny sold badly and POE 2 doing even worse.

Tyranny sold bit under expectations and managed that while not been marketed much at all. Issue that stops tyranny 2 nothing to do with selling badly.

POE 2 is not broken and having come out with out having all DLCs is actually normal and has been for many, many years. POE 2 not selling badly, think we discover it selling not to differently from POE 1. No one knows till someone releases selling figures.

- Duh!

you have played 380 hours allready? wtf

Edited by antman45454

I beat the game without encountering any game breaking bugs AND I unlocked 100% of the Achievements. I played for 75 hours.

The game is not broken.

I will stop saying game is broken then it stop being broken. I am happy it's working for you, but you - isn't everyone. How is it feel working as PR manager for free? Edited by Amentep
Deleted the personal attack mate

Beta + actual game (according to steam which can't tell if you are idle or really playing...). I tested the beta quite excessively and reported broken stuff like Swift Flurry and Blast+Afflctions and Spirit Lance + Soul Annihilation and whatnot. But most of the stuff still made it in and only now gets patched. A waste of time and effort maybe. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

- Duh!

Tyranny sold bit under expectations and managed that while not been marketed much at all. Issue that stops tyranny 2 nothing to do with selling badly.

POE 2 is not broken and having come out with out having all DLCs is actually normal and has been for many, many years. POE 2 not selling badly, think we discover it selling not to differently from POE 1. No one knows till someone releases selling figures.

Wow it isn't broken? Why half of it isnt working for me then? They only fixed bloody black screen crash i was having in this Beta Patch and even then companions etc still broken. Can you pls stop talking out of your ass and acknowledge you a not the only one in the world? I am happy you finished the game with broken reputation and companion relationships (cause even if you don't encounter anything else THIS was definitely in the game. If you say it is not - argue with the developers. Cause even they admitted it) God i starting to hate this community. And again - how is working for free as a game PR manager working for you mate?

Actually bollocks to this. Every topic on this part of the forum were some one DARE to point out game problems and not say something like BUY IT ANYWAY IT STILL AWESOME DON'T WAIT is getting flooded by fanboys who think it somehow ruin the game experience, I only hope you will not manage to scum more people into byung this game before it get finished.

Edited by Amentep
Removed colorful imagry

- Duh!

Wow it isn't broken? Why half of it isnt working for me then? They only fixed bloody black screen crash i was having in this Beta Patch and even then companions etc still broken. Can you pls stop talking out of your ass and acknowledge you a not the only one in the world? I am happy you finished the game with broken reputation and companion relationships (cause even if you don't encounter anything else THIS was definitely in the game. If you say it is not - argue with the developers. Cause even they admitted it) God i starting to hate this community. And again - how is working for free as a game PR manager working for you mate?

Good Hassknecht example there, thanks. How is it working for the HoDaDs for free by the way?

If you hate this community it would be better to leave. Because you won't achieve anything with hate, personal attacks and swearing around like an unruly five year old. Unless you like to hate around, then stay for your own amusement.

• Like 4

- Duh!

Good Hassknecht example there, thanks. How is it working for the HoDaDs for free by the way?

If you hate this community it would be better to leave. Because you won't achieve anything with hate, personal attacks and swearing around like an unruly five year old. Unless you like to hate around, then stay for your own amusement.

Ye i know it some much better for you if no one say anything bad and you can scum players into getting a broken game before it fixed... Ye it totally me who working here for free. O i am sorry PERSONAL ATTACK? like i don't know calling anyone who having problem with the game idiots? Or wait THIS you didn't see cause it was on your side. Pathetic. Enjoy your free work.

Edited by Dopsim

Dopsim

If we follow your idea that been broken it only needs not work for one person then every version of windows was broken and no version windows ever was fixed.

Every PC is built with different parts so there is at times conflicts between things, this doesn't make something broken makes it have issues. Broken would mean not working for majority. I sorry hear that your having game breaking issues and hope that answer are found and you can enjoy Pillars 2.

Don't worry this is my last post here. Enjoy thinking everyone who have problems here is a troll. And also nice 2 know if YOU personally don't have problems - they a not real and should't be talk about. Even if devs admit they exist.....  

Edited by Dopsim
  • Like 1

why do people on this forum find it hard to grasp the concept that the game was released buggy as **** and that alot of people would term the game unplayable becasue of the difficulty issues.

No need to attack people and call them trolls, haters ect and then do a fanboy gang up on them and cut them down

I mean get over it guys just let it go

People are obvisouly going to be annoyed that they paid for a product that has the issues i raised above, the game selling charts are currently reflecting that

Edited by Amentep
Don't use workarounds on the worder filter

It's ok to be annoyed by bugs. It's also ok to criticize the game. It's not ok to pester people in a forum with personal attacks who just don't agree with you. Everybody should try to discuss in a civilized manner - even if the opinions are diametrically different. Doesn't have to be perfect all the time, but at least one should try.

• Like 5

why do people on this forum find it hard to grasp the concept that the game was released buggy as f$ck and that alot of people would term the game unplayable becasue of the difficulty issues.

It is probably due to a basic mastery of language.

For example unplayable means the game cannot be played.  It would be broken to the point the game won't load, or crashes immediately.  It does not mean the game is too easy so I refuse to play it.  Those aren't quite the same thing.

Edited by Karkarov

this guy never pestered people with personal attacks hes just annoyed that he bought a game that currently is in his opinion broken, and hes not the only one thinking that so just chill out with aggression dude 

you flamed him he didnt flame you that is very clear

Edited by antman45454

this guy never pestered people with personal attacks hes just annoyed that he bought a game that currently is in his opinion broken, and hes not the only one thinking that so just chill out with aggression dude 

Like Boeroer said, there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.  I don't know of anyone on the forums who claims the game is perfect, and not bug free.  It is not perfect, and it definitely has bugs.  It is probably too easy too, the only challenge to be had is if you wander off crit path early and often.

But when the criticism is not constructive, is poorly written, and gets repeated over and over and over, it begins to annoy people.  Annoyed people are likely to respond negatively. 

Edited by Karkarov

Like Boeroer said, there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.  I don't know of anyone on the forums who claims the game is perfect, and not bug free.  It is not perfect, and it definitely has bugs.  It is probably too easy too, the only challenge to be had is if you wander off crit path early and often.

But when the criticism is not constructive, is poorly written, and gets repeated over and over and over, it begins to annoy people.  Annoyed people are likely to respond negatively. 

No. It annoys you and you are forcing your opinions onto others.

Get over it man let people speak there mind without personally attacking them due to fanboy tendancies

1) "Broken for me" doesn't mean it's broken for everyone. Screaming about it doesn't change that.

2) "Working fine for me" doesn't mean it's working fine for everyone. Denying that some people are having problems doesn't change that.

Everyone take a deep breath, please.

• Like 2

1) "Broken for me" doesn't mean it's broken for everyone. Screaming about it doesn't change that.

2) "Working fine for me" doesn't mean it's working fine for everyone. Denying that some people are having problems doesn't change that.

Everyone take a deep breath, please.

im the one trying to make people take a deep breath,

apparently critizism isnt allowed on this forum according to fanboys

maybe they are from north korea or russia 

Edited by antman45454

at least we haven't had many people typing in all caps yet, or have we? i honestly haven't been paying all that much attention.

• Like 3

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns