Play now or wait for patching master thread

I'm waiting for more patches and DLC's due to time constraints.

And those will give you free time? Dayam - I should try too!

I have little time for playing so I want my first playthrough to be, you know, good.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I have little time for playing so I want my first playthrough to be, you know, good.

Yeah I figured out. Was only joking :p

Edited by Sedrefilos

Yeah I figured out. Was only joking :p

Yeah I figured out. Was only super polite  :dancing:

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Is anyone just waiting , not playing, for proper balance & polish for the game too?

I tweaked my Watcher 3-4 times and played around with the party ai system and now I'm just waiting for the Veteran difficulty fix supposedly coming in early June.  I want my first time playing to be a challenge, otherwise i'm not interested enough to play at all.  I'm so f'n busy IRL there may never be a second playthrough.

Yes, at first i didnt consider to do so, but as soon i got to Neketaka i started feeling the game was getting easier, and then too easy (POTD, lvl7), and then they announced 1.1 so i'll be waiting. Maybe i'll start a few runs with different classes to try out and just play until Deadlight fort. Not sure if i will start a new game once 1.1 is ready or start a brand new game.

any words on when the next patch gon drop?

Early june, probably in 2 weeks

Have to stop my current run. Blasting a poor dragon without a scratch was too much for me ;(

I'm going to do a solo while waiting for the patch

Solo potd run is just as easy sadly :(. One thing I tried to challenge myself was doing a solo fire damage build since a lot of end game fights have high fire armor. This ended up not being hard, just tedious. I literally turned the ai on and went afk til my phys dmg autod down the steel golems/ dragon etc. 

Is anyone just waiting , not playing, for proper balance & polish for the game too?

*puts hand up*

Mainly waiting to get this until it's properly balanced, but also because i'd like to not financially support and encouarge devs releasing games before they're even finished, then finishing it post-release while already taking peoples money and using them as beta testers/QA. Relying on the games hype and peoples impatience, to sell it either way.

Level scaling flat not working on release, half the difficulties not having been balanced on release, having to choose between bugfixing and balancing before release, while still having to do a ton of work to both post-release either way. As well as alot of other random stuff.

Prob wouldn't have affected sales much though, most people probably bought on day 1 and didn't look back still - so expect the same on the next release.

Edited by whiskiz
  • Like 1

yeah..

I'm waiting all right . I did have one playtrough...

But I need the patch that fix dialogues and sliders (So should be the 1st patch)...before I can play more..and I'm DYING to play !

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I don't understand the complaints, the game is amazing. I had the Frostseeker bow on my Ranger and yeah, it's OP and definitely needs a nerf. But it's not a game about balance and combat, that's just an afterthought to the story and roleplaying. If you don't want to feel OP, just don't use an OP item. There are thousands of better games to play to "be good at" and worry about balance. This game is about nerding out and enjoying the amazing writing. 

I don't understand the complaints, the game is amazing. I had the Frostseeker bow on my Ranger and yeah, it's OP and definitely needs a nerf. But it's not a game about balance and combat, that's just an afterthought to the story and roleplaying. If you don't want to feel OP, just don't use an OP item. There are thousands of better games to play to "be good at" and worry about balance. This game is about nerding out and enjoying the amazing writing. 

The thing is people can nerd out and be OP on normal or even veteran difficulty. PotD should require some tactics not just roflstomp everything.

I'm just killing time until DoS 3 and trying to recoup my money since I won't last long enough to see the DLC for this game.

I finished Pillars of Eternity 1 + White March I & II yesterday and i am ready for Deadfire now.

BUT I have heard of some issues:

• Memory leak
  • Imported savefiles from PoE1

Would it be better to wait for a big update and bugfixes?

well..the first patch should be here soon..so it isn't like a big wait . Homewhever , if game difficulty bother you...then that gonna take a while before it get fixed . 

You can also choose pre-made save from the game Setting . Or make up one from there as well . 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'd wait for the combat-difficulty patch; I personally had a hard time getting any enjoyment out of the combat in it's current state, since I found them too easy even on POTD.

Even better would be to wait for the DLCs, since they will hopefully introduce some in-depth content outside of Neketaka so the Deadfire feels less... shallow.

• Like 1