Play now or wait for patching master thread

Not really, but then I did a few playthroughs of the first game over the years. I understand the argument, but for me knowing it'll be a better game months and years later just means I'll have more reason to revisit it if I want.

• Like 4

Yes, I played just enough to get a taste of the game. Then I stopped and moved on to other things. At least until most of the major patches have been released. There's no point in trying to enjoy it yet if the goal posts are going to keep shifting. No big deal.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Is anyone just waiting , not playing, for proper balance & polish for the game too?

Yeah Sir, I’m waiting for balance, POTD difficulty, polish, DLC and maybe more end-game content? So I will back in November 2018 ^^.

I keep telling myself to wait but then I get bored and think it be fun play or they bring out something new like today I waiting to download start new game.

I managed run on POE 1 and probably try run on tyranny after this rum dlc and bit of a play.

All Obsidian fault adding things give me to many reason to play.

I run POE1 in POTD too ( white march 2 actually) ans after this run I try triple couronne achievment so I can wait for a perfecr Deadfire first run.

I did my first playthrough with the story characters to check out their dialogue/ interactions but I was able to do it on potd without ever breaking a sweat...that shouldn't be possible. Would love to see some balance changes to make the game challenging. In the first poe you had to make good builds and use non story characters for potd. Would love to see some of that here, the current difficulty level really hurts replayability imo.

I would love to play this now even with bugs and get the season pass but my laptop isn't great for gaming at all so I'll be waiting for the PS4 release. Hopefully, it will be polished by then. The first Pillars of Eternity complete edition that I preordered on PS4 was pretty much bug free on release.

any words on when the next patch gon drop?

Early June:

The first large update for Deadfire will be launching in early June - Patch 1.1. This update contains hundreds of fixes and refinements based upon our internal testing and all the great feedback we have been getting.

I knew from the beginning that I’d have to wait.

I only play this kind of games only once and I want it to be as balanced/polished as it can be.

I was prepared for this. POE1 was a completely different game when it got out to the one I played, so this is to be expected here as well.

Even more so with multi/sub classes involved.