My random, small questions that don't each deserve their own thread.

I haven't played through the whole game yet, so would appreciate simple yes or no responses (where applicable) in order to avoid massive spoilers. Hopefully this is the right section to ask all of this. I'd normally just turn to google but there'd be no way to avoid finding out just about everything doing that. 

1. At any point can you tell Xoti that the god she worships is just something the Engwithans created because they were sad they couldn't find anything more powerful to order them around?--No
  2. Do any of the gods give special dialogue if you are a godlike? More specifically, with Ondra's many little visits via Takeku when the watcher is a moon godlike. So far I'm finding it odd that I'm being asked to help out her very special son and I can't respond with anything like "Than what am I to you? Fried chicken? If I'm supposed to also be your "child" why did you let Berath claim me?"--Barely any and not with Ondra.
  3. Is it possible to get a positive reputation with a faction if you've already gotten to -5?--Yes
  4. Can I steal Maia's parrot? I want a parrot.--No, but there 
  5. -Yes.are other birds.  
  6. If I turn anyone down for a romance, can I change my mind later?--No
  7. Is it possible to help/go with Aloth to undo the damage done by the Leaden Key after the game ends?--No
  8. I need three crates of luminous adra for a quest and somehow have two already (I think I got them from a ship I sunk). My Watcher isn't really into stealing and thinks buying three additional crates is a waste of a favor/coin, so can I just start waving a Principi flag and get attacked by Valian ships that have this adra? Will I get a reputation hit for doing that?--It works.
  9. Is it a bug that Fernando thinks it is a good idea to get a Watcher with the slave background to go help his slaver friends? Same goes for that VTC leader.
  10. Will the end of the game acknowledge if I (almost) wipe out an entire faction? It doesn't seem like it does so far. For example, in one quest I sided with the druids to get rid of the RDC influence on their island, and afterwards, while I'll get attacked by Rautai where ever I go, including almost all of the Brass Citadel (they started it! I only went there because of another quest), Hazanui still throws Maia at me and wants me to come down to her office for a friendly chat. It's like she doesn't know that uh, the Watcher maybekinda already visited and that everybody there is now dead.--Sort of. 
  11. I've heard that the RDC questline gives you a submarine. Do the other major factions give special boats? I want a special boat.--Yes 
  12. Is there some sort of skill/ability I can unlock in order to enchant simple clothing?--No 

That's all... for now

Edited by Larkson

Most of your questions are going to be hard to give a definite answer to, but 10 yes and 11 no

Also 9 sounds like you ran into one of the bugs that triggers when you do stuff in the "wrong" order.

Edited by Slotharingia

nvAeseu.png

Why would 8. be a bug? Master Kua, the current leader of Crookspur slavers, is an ex-slave himself. He clearly doesn't have a problem with treating his fellow men like dirt.

People can be jerks like that.

As for number 11, you can use this to enchant common clothing.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

Decided to go ahead and test out #7. Put on a Principi flag, sunk any Valian boat that rushed to attack, checked to see if there was any reputation hit with the VTC. Doesn't look like it, but then again I haven't played long enough to see if anything changes via dialogue with them. 

Why would 8. be a bug? Master Kua, the current leader of Crookspur slavers, is an ex-slave himself. He clearly doesn't have a problem with treating his fellow men like dirt.

People can be jerks like that.

As for number 11, you can use this to enchant common clothing.

It just doesn't seem like a smart business decision. At the very least you'd want to ask questions over what an ex-slave (especially of the more benevolent variety) is going to want to do about getting involved in what is supposed to be a secret side-deal. 

Thanks for the link. I'll play around with it once I finish this current playthrough. I try to be mod-free whenever I first play a game. 

Most of your questions are going to be hard to give a definite answer to, but 10 yes and 11 no

Also 9 sounds like you ran into one of the bugs that triggers when you do stuff in the "wrong" order.

But when it comes to 9, it all gets sorted out in the end, right? When it comes to revealing what happens if you kill off most of a faction.

1. Not that I can recall

4. No but there are a few cosmetic bird pets you can have

5. Nope

6. No but ~anything is possible in your imagination~

That answer to #6 scares me. :p

Edited by Larkson

On #2, I've played the game with every variation of godlike and I remember exactly one response from your "parent" - Magran to a fire godlike at the Ashen Maw. There's also a sort of general acknowledgement in the conversation where you find out what godlikes are for.

• Like 1

Ondra never even acknowledged me being a moon godlike in my playthrough, and I hope this is either an oversight, or an indication that Moon godlikes aren't connected with Ondra after all. When people all over the deadfire acknowledge you as "Ngati's chosen" to the point of irritation, yet the god who's supposed to be your divine parent hardly acknowledges you while doting over her other "son", something's off.

General acknowledgement of being a godlike's well done, though, especially when you learn of your "purpose".

• Like 1

Well, that's disappointing there isn't much that is specific.

And I hope you are onto something Taevyr. Ondra is my least favorite of the gods; I had such high hopes for her but then I got to find out some of the stuff that she pulled. 

Ondra never even acknowledged me being a moon godlike in my playthrough, and I hope this is either an oversight, or an indication that Moon godlikes aren't connected with Ondra after all. When people all over the deadfire acknowledge you as "Ngati's chosen" to the point of irritation, yet the god who's supposed to be your divine parent hardly acknowledges you while doting over her other "son", something's off.

General acknowledgement of being a godlike's well done, though, especially when you learn of your "purpose".

I thought as much, but as I often skip thorugh convos, especially ones with gods, I couldn't say for sure.

There are those druids you encoutner in one place, where the moon godlike is associated with Winter, and I think he says something that implies Rymr... (damn god of entropy whose name I can't spell lol).

nvAeseu.png

I thought as much, but as I often skip thorugh convos, especially ones with gods, I couldn't say for sure.

There are those druids you encoutner in one place, where the moon godlike is associated with Winter, and I think he says something that implies Rymr... (damn god of entropy whose name I can't spell lol).

Would be interesting, but probably not the case since this has appeared. Portret-based spoiler warning for that thread. And at least one bad pun, courtesy of me.

• Like 1

Galawain never acknowledged my nature godlike, either. For all we know, Ondra is only using Tekehu to get to you- he's never heard her voice, after all.

3. You can have maxed good and bad reputations with a faction. I kinda miss the flavor titles for reputation, like merciful brute or champion.

9. I massacred the pirates after stealing their ship, wiped out the VTC headed by Alvari, and assassinated the queen. The RDC showed up to give me a pat on the back for the last one. No comments on the other factions I purged.