Neketake guards attack all of a sudden?

I just dropped off Maia at the Brass Citadel and ventured to have a look around the city again. When arriving at the sacred stairs, guards suddenly attack. I am unable to figure out why at this point. Can anyone help me on this one because this pretty much ruins my game now. I had a look at the reputation but that looks okay I think? 

post-63083-0-66331700-1527930484_thumb.jpg      

Moved to tech support. If not a bug, I'll move to spoilers section.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

By any chance, have you done the Katrenn bounty recently? The bounty involves two AoE-happy golems right in the middle of Sacred Stair, and all the accidental civilian kills there can make Neketaka guards go hostile.

• Like 1

By any chance, have you done the Katrenn bounty recently? The bounty involves two AoE-happy golems right in the middle of Sacred Stair, and all the accidental civilian kills there can make Neketaka guards go hostile.

I will have to double check. I took a break for two weeks playing and there ARE indeed two golems there that attack along with the guards. I reckon I could try to draw the golems away or something like that. 

I will have to double check. I took a break for two weeks playing and there ARE indeed two golems there that attack along with the guards. I reckon I could try to draw the golems away or something like that. 

Yes , I actually finished that the last time. I will circumvent it for now. Thanks for the heads up. I thought I had aggravated the NPC because there was not hint where these two belong to

^ No, just enemies spamming AoEs in crowded city areas.

However, one could make a case that losing rep from these AoEs is a bug as they aren't cast by anyone in your party, but that's a different discussion altogether.