Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

For the love of Luminious Adra - Stop Auto Attacking!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Okay back to my noob questions: How do you adjust a firezone half way through casting? If I try to change the landing asurface, they start the whole casting process again (and usually by the time they are done there is either no one there or the wrong people).

when you have a mage casting a spell you'll notice a small spell icon now on the battlefield (at least if you have the mage selected), if you click and hold that icon you can reposition it within the mages range. also there's usually a little micro icon above the spell being cast (think it's says retarget, though can't be sure bout that bit), i believe clicking on that may also allow you to reposition the spell target space.

---edit

figured i didn't have to say this (but why risk it if ya don't have to), it doesn't work if the spell has already fired and is currently speeding to it's target. you can retarget it up to the point it has finished casting and is unleashed, but when the spell is airborn it's gone.  

---edit again (figured visuals wouldn't hurt, just had to go in game and find a fight first)

clicking the little icon and dragging it to a new target will retarget the spell

Attached File  spell retarget 1.jpg   265.34KB   0 downloads

i guess if there's a lot going on selecting the spell might be a hassle, so hitting the little button icon here will select the spell icon thing for you... i think (i haven't actually used it myself)

Attached File  spell retarget 2.jpg   160.52KB   0 downloads

Edited by Casper, 03 June 2018 - 12:24 AM.

• Slotharingia likes this

Slotharingia

Slotharingia

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Okay back to my noob questions: How do you adjust a firezone half way through casting? If I try to change the landing asurface, they start the whole casting process again (and usually by the time they are done there is either no one there or the wrong people).

when you have a mage casting a spell you'll notice a small spell icon now on the battlefield (at least if you have the mage selected), if you click and hold that icon you can reposition it within the mages range. also there's usually a little micro icon above the spell being cast (think it's says retarget, though can't be sure bout that bit), i believe clicking on that may also allow you to reposition the spell target space.

---edit

figured i didn't have to say this (but why risk it if ya don't have to), it doesn't work if the spell has already fired and is currently speeding to it's target. you can retarget it up to the point it has finished casting and is unleashed, but when the spell is airborn it's gone.  

Thanks!

Judicator

Judicator

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 276 posts

Okay - so I beat the game already with my ranger and his wolf companion... So I thought I'd try something different. I'd go for a spell casting type - like a Druid (it's one step away from a Ranger). Now.. the problem I am having is - when combat starts, I am clicking on the foe to tell the party to attack - my druid is running up there - whether he has swords or fists - to physically attack. I set his AI to "Cautious Druid" and "Passive" - so I figured he would NOT attack. This would give me an opportunity during combat to try some spells (which I never even used with my Ranger... literally did Ranger originally to have my wolf companion). But no matter what - my Druid rushes into combat. The only way I've gotten around this is - clicking the target - then clicking my druid (so only he's selected), click away from direct melee, then click him again to cast a spell - and oh, look. The party already killed the monster. :(

From time to time, when my druid shifts to bear form and gets knocked out - he stands up (before combat is over) - as if he were "alive" - but can't do anything. (Similar to monsters/mobs you kill, who die - but stay standing up). But this happens so randomly, it's nearly impossible to replicate to see exactly what's causing it.

Am I missing something? Why don't you just turn off his AI?

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Am I missing something? Why don't you just turn off his AI?

i think he wants his characters to execute their ai routine after he clicks a target, and have them auto cast/attack/etc, without the attack order overriding the ai? though the game doesn't actually work like that... i think? i'm not really clear either honestly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users