Cripple Strike is probably too strong for a 1 cost ability now, better than most of rogue's rest ones..

Gouging Strike is nice for long fights.

Devastating Blow on low health boss could be devastating.

So it depends on situation. And prolong thought about 5% up or down may be waste of time.

But here is a thing:

Martial classes have limited pool, and abillities are generally costly.

At low levels you have to pick something. And you dont heave many options.

Result: Over focus on low tier abillities, and just sticking tot them, since we already picked them, and are good enought. And for high tier... we dont have Guile or levelpoints for that.

Other aproach: Fron load basic form of active abillities (at least most), with backload upgrades. So at level levels you could pick Cripping Strike, or Blinding, or Sap, Whitering, Ring the Bell, Just sap it. All options.

But for upgrades... you need wait for them for tier 4+.

That would be nice.

• Like 1

Cripple Strike is probably too strong for a 1 cost ability now, better than most of rogue's rest ones..

So it depends on situation. And prolong thought about 5% up or down may be waste of time.

But here is a thing:

Result: Over focus on low tier abillities, and just sticking tot them, since we already picked them, and are good enought. And for high tier... we dont have Guile or levelpoints for that.

Other aproach: Fron load basic form of active abillities (at least most), with backload upgrades. So at level levels you could pick Cripping Strike, or Blinding, or Sap, Whitering, Ring the Bell, Just sap it. All options.

That would be nice.

I consider the guile cost too, Gouging is good yeah, Devastating I'm not sure if it worth 2 Cripple Strike, maybe you are right. Econmically I will just use Cripple Strike most of the times.

But here is a thing:

That would be nice.

I consider the guile cost too, Gouging is good yeah, Devastating I'm not sure if it worth 2 Cripple Strike, maybe you are right. Econmically I will just use Cripple Strike most of the times.
Yeah, that is my main issue with a lot of higher tier active abilities. It is not so much that they are not strong enough; but that they are too expensive. Why pay twice or three times more for something only slightly better. Also, you miss out on taking a passive ability with martial classes if you do so making it even more not worth it. The patch lowered the cost of some of the weakest late game abilities in a couple classes, but it still isn’t enough to justify taking most over a passive and just keep using lower tier powers you already have. This is much less an issue with casters since they can’t simply spam the same thing over and over again. Edited by Braven

Trying Gorecci St for myself, it is certainly a challenge, but it is not so bad once you get over the instinct to just run in.

EZ step-by-step guide to clearing Gorecci Street at low levels.

1. get a hireling. i did this with eder, xoti, charname and one hireling. you can always hire a fifth if needed, but four is feasible.

2. stealth to the left.

3. throw some sparkcrackers to draw the left-looters away from the rest. kill them.

4. stealth to the right, as close to the house as you can.

5. brute-force kill them. this part may require a reload or two if you get unlucky with being crit by the gunner, or can't deal with the mage fast enough. i had a streetfighter/wael with escape, so I escape-d out of the water and onto the deck, put on arcane veil, took out the gunner first with help from a ranged eder, and then took out the mage. depending on your hireling or CHARNAME your tactics will differ.

i suffered some knockouts in #3 and #5 but basically it's not too bad a fight if you have a hireling and separate the groups. i did blow through quite a bit of potions though.

Edited by thelee

Bonus Accuracy, bonus damage, full attack, tier 3 Affliction, sets up Sneak Attack... SeemsGoodMan. For my septim it was the best Rogue spammable even before the patch.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Bonus Accuracy, bonus damage, full attack, tier 3 Affliction, sets up Sneak Attack... SeemsGoodMan. For my septim it was the best Rogue spammable even before the patch.

This is the part I don't understand, why did crippling strikes get buffed while soul annihilation was nerfed so hard?  Seems like a bit of a double standard.

This is the part I don't understand, why did crippling strikes get buffed while soul annihilation was nerfed so hard?  Seems like a bit of a double standard.

Because Rogues lack the crazy powerful charm spells that Ciphers have, and Guile is not a replenishable resource. While both classes are damage + CC focused, Rogue leans more towards damage while Cipher leans more towards CC. 

• Like 2
"A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict."

- Kreia -