IMO the problem with Time Parasite wasn't the 50% buff, but the fact that it stacked with itself indefinitely. Removing that would have sufficed.

Exactly. I might be remembering wrong, but I don't think it stacked with itself in that way in PoE.

It wasn't AoE in PoE.

I think time parasite only stacked in duration when jumping in PoE1. It debuffed the respective targets but each one gave you a certain amount of seconds of fast attack speed. That is why you could get like 140 seconds of it when throwing it into a group. 

Edited by Ciphys

IMO the problem with Time Parasite wasn't the 50% buff, but the fact that it stacked with itself indefinitely. Removing that would have sufficed.

Exactly. I might be remembering wrong, but I don't think it stacked with itself in that way in PoE.

It wasn't AoE in PoE.

The description here says otherwise.

I think time parasite only stacked in duration when jumping in PoE1. It debuffed the respective target but each one gave you a certain amount of seconds of fast attack speed. That is why you could get like 140 seconds of it when throwing it into a group.

Yeah, that's how I remember it being.

Edited by JerekKruger

Wildstrike :

+15 % first level

+10 % second level.

= 25 %

(was 40 %)

------------------------

Devotion of the faithful, if stacking rules are the same : become useless.

4.5 s for a thing which give +5 accuracy only. (VS aura of Paladin)

Yes there is a little debuff + 4 might. But I don't know, perhaps the nerf is too massive... Generally you don't use this on foes, honnestly. You do that at the start of the battle...

And at the same level there is an excellent spell : Shiny beacon. There is only two uses each levels. So... I prefer a good debuff + overtime damage now (IF I stay with a priest in the team. that is not sure : p...) Priest lose his main trump card. Single target Inspiration boost is a very good decision but not decisive for me.

The main problem is obviously stacking rules. +10 is actually perfect IF there is complete stacking. If not... your are at 5 of zealous aura now ^^... Not worth it for 4.5s of casting time.

Edited by theBalthazar

I imagine we'll see a more complete list with the official patch.  That would just be good practice.

Some of the changes were clearly over-nerfs, but honestly that is ok.  It was critical to get the grossly overpowered stuff out of the way to see what the game plays like without it.  Basically all the 'top' builds before this were picking a handful of the really broken things and riding them to victory over and over; we won't see so much of that now.

There are still a few clearly overpowered things (Whispers of Treason and the Rygrim's Terrifies) but those don't blow out the game the same way, so now they'll get to see what can and should be brought up.

The description here says otherwise.

I think time parasite only stacked in duration when jumping in PoE1. It debuffed the respective target but each one gave you a certain amount of seconds of fast attack speed. That is why you could get like 140 seconds of it when throwing it into a group.

Yeah, that's how I remember it being.

Yep, you're right, it stacked duration.  I remembered it being a long duration modest buff and somehow thought it was a long single target debuff - lesson learned!

...and yes, duration stacking in deadfire would be fine.

Btw why vessels can be terrified? Maybe I’m affected by traditional dnd undead settings but it’s just weird these mindless creature can be charmed or terrified......

And oozes can be blinded, again.

• Like 3

Btw why vessels can be terrified? Maybe I’m affected by traditional dnd undead settings but it’s just weird these mindless creature can be charmed or terrified......

It's strange how things like skellies are usually immune to mind-affecting stuff, but turn/rebuke/command undead always seemed like mind-affecting abilities to me. Raise your holy symbol and skellies go scurrying in "fear."

• Like 1

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Some of these are quite reasonable. Others seem less so. Though maybe when it comes to the Firethrower's gloves I am just biased since I was starting a build using them. The part that seemed off to me was the +2 dex. Not the +2 evocation. But it seems like they are dropping all the  >+1 PL gear down to +1 so it may have been less a 'these gloves are op' and more we don't want to give 2 PL to anything. Would rather have seen the dex bonus take the hit though.

Bauble's of the Fin is another really odd one.

Also. . . NO! Not my beloved Tricorn! I guess that means I should double down on my Gunner run and get it done! Like others I am surprised they aren't also hitting the Chant if they are hitting this.

The Devil's Breastplate change doesn't seem like a big deal to me, though isn't it the Power Pool that is a huge deal(not that the recovery wasn't nice, but it just seemed like a nice side dish rather than the main course)? They could have dropped it to 1 like they are doing to all the Power level stuff.

Anyhow, I from forum browsing it was clear some stuff was going to get nerfed, but if even stuff as bland as Bauble's of the Fin are getting the nerf bat I think I may just want to step back and wait a few months before starting into the game again. Seems that Deadfire has the Volatile Patching enchantment put on it.

• Like 1

Shifter was good BEFORE a subtle and invisible nerf on the delay between each transformation (Beta 2 if good are my memories). After that... 

And with that now... We are far away of the druid of POE1... Nothing is unique with the druid. Better single fighter elsewhere (paladin, berserker, monk), better C.C. elsewhere (chanter, wizard), better AoE damage elsewhere (wizard). And for healing there is a way to do the job with chanter AND priest without him...

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 3

I'm curious, has the firerate for firearms with faster than 3.6s reload time been fixed? I'm very tempted to play but I don't want to play and feel like i'm still being handicapped, especially because the 1.8s reload time means i've invested a lot of my built into it.

Rogue boost is a good thing. Seems globally more legit. Good job.

I have always a doubt for withering strike. I don't understand why this is 3 guile. ! Always 25 % of damage... Now nobody will take that. Sure 100 %. Need 50 % of damage (min.)

Why not a nerf of Flame of devotion ?

Why shared is always superior to single boost ?

Few problems for me :

Fighter is perhaps dead today.

Paralyse 25 % why not, but afflictions was not a problem, yes ? It was rather the opposite (A lot of people complained a lack of utility of debuff)..

Chanter lose his main trump card (Int inspi L3), for ... nothing... level 1 of inspiration ? Without me : p Perhaps would have been a good idea to CHANGE more than supress totally the effect.

Fighter seems pretty balanced now actually. It still has some great abilities and even the nerfed abilites (charge, cleaving stance) are quite good for their level and what they cost. Just not gamebreaking. Some fighter abilities could use some buffs e.g. inspired discipline is trash for 4 cost. There's maybe a reason to use clean sweep now, it's imo a really good ability for 2 and the only thing making it bit suboptimal is 2h being inferior to dw and it's a primary attack.

Paralyze 25% is imo ok, its main selling point is hard CC, but I think they need to upgrade petrify to 50%, it has nothing over paralyze atm and abilities that grant it are much more high level.

Chanter is a great class, it never needed a trump card. Most of the chants and invocations are top notch, with some exceptions. The Bride invocation is pretty bad now, but perhaps it could be buffed later. Maybe if it granted t2 of all inspirations it gives instead of t1 it would be pretty interesting (t2 perception is great and t2 intelligence is decent).

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 2

OP weapon is gone, good weapon is still there.

Like the one unique hunting bow that's located on the other side of the map and has +crush damage as its gimmick? Or the war bow that requires Survival and Religion to work? Veilpiercer looks good, but it's endgame so there won't be enough time to use it.

I'm rate salty about the lack of bows in this game, if it wasn't apparent.

Edited by Ophiuchus

RIP, single class Ascendant - especially archers since our one good weapon is gone.

It hurts, but I expected it. Frostseeker still wins in the eye candy department anyway, and I find the other (very few) unique bows still aren't worth using in comparison. Of course the developers are likely to take this the wrong way and nerf Frostseeker even harder instead of buffing the other bows. Even then, I still haven't found a better ranged weapon for Ciphers to use anyway, so in my view, Frostseeker just went from broken to amazingly good. They might have gone slightly overboard with the nerf to the base damage, though. The base damage being dropped 1-2 points on top of the additional frost damage being dropped from 25% to 10% is a bit silly, considering each shot now only does like 0.5-1 additional frost damage as a result. The real overpowered part was the frost AoE for critting anyway, which was also nerfed.

My Ascendant archer Cipher is still chugging along just fine on Veteran mode. The fire dragon still didn't stand any chance at all even with all the nerfs, and even with me still using the un-optimized Biting Whip instead of Draining Whip. Though with the damage nerf to Frostseeker, I am making plans to respec to Draining Whip.

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 1

Rogue boost is a good thing. Seems globally more legit. Good job.

I have always a doubt for withering strike. I don't understand why this is 3 guile. ! Always 25 % of damage... Now nobody will take that. Sure 100 %. Need 50 % of damage (min.)

Why not a nerf of Flame of devotion ?

Why shared is always superior to single boost ?

Few problems for me :

Fighter is perhaps dead today.

Paralyse 25 % why not, but afflictions was not a problem, yes ? It was rather the opposite (A lot of people complained a lack of utility of debuff)..

Chanter lose his main trump card (Int inspi L3), for ... nothing... level 1 of inspiration ? Without me : p Perhaps would have been a good idea to CHANGE more than supress totally the effect.

Fighter seems pretty balanced now actually. It still has some great abilities and even the nerfed abilites (charge, cleaving stance) are quite good for their level and what they cost. Just not gamebreaking. Some fighter abilities could use some buffs e.g. inspired discipline is trash for 4 cost. There's maybe a reason to use clean sweep now, it's imo a really good ability for 2 and the only thing making it bit suboptimal is 2h being inferior to dw and it's a primary attack.

Paralyze 25% is imo ok, it's main selling point is hard CC, but I think they need to upgrade petrify to 50%, it has nothing over paralyze atm and abilities that grant it are much more high level.

Chanter is a great class, it never needed a trump card. Most of the chants and invocations are top notch, with some exceptions. The Bride invocation is pretty bad now, but perhaps it could be buffed later. Maybe if it granted t2 of all inspirations it gives instead of t1 it would be pretty interesting (t2 perception is great and t2 intelligence is decent).

Wait, was cleaving stance nerfed? I did not see anything in the tooltip indicating that it did. :o