Ranger change: Twinned shot now costs 2 bond and gives 25% dmg. That's down from 3 and no extra dmg, right? Also masters call is 1 bond.

Yeah, it's a bit more worthy now.

Actually, concussive shot seems really good now, too (1 bond), play dead (2 bond), evasive fire (1 bond). Barring the lack of acc. boost, the ranger really looks like a fun single-class for me to play, especially if you want utility, and you don't mind spending points on the pet. I just counted, and with (i think it is) 28 points, you actually don't lack for good pick-options. Full ranger next playthrough for me, I'm happy.

Ranger pets still attack way too slow and their base damage doesn't scale. Meaning talents that add +% give less and less relative benefit as you gain levels. It's very hard to justify taking anything but Resilient, Vicious, and Protective companion. And the latter only because it's a prerequisite for Stalkers' Link.

I'd like to see companion damage scaling change to multiplicative instead of additive. That way you'll have a reason to invest in the pure damage passives for pets (besides penetration).

Ranger change: Twinned shot now costs 2 bond and gives 25% dmg. That's down from 3 and no extra dmg, right? Also masters call is 1 bond.

Actually, concussive shot seems really good now, too (1 bond), play dead (2 bond), evasive fire (1 bond). Barring the lack of acc. boost, the ranger really looks like a fun single-class for me to play, especially if you want utility, and you don't mind spending points on the pet. I just counted, and with (i think it is) 28 points, you actually don't lack for good pick-options. Full ranger next playthrough for me, I'm happy.

Ranger was always a decent class just outshone by the crazy around it.

My patch proof Ranger (no sub)/Troubadour build is ripping up 1.1.

Bear companion + Resil Companion gives you a 9 armour tank. Plus heaps of accuracy means DPS is fine.

With Beckoner being destroyed (-1 to summon phrases is now +1 LOL) Troubadour is now best everything.

Breezing through tutorial island.

Ranger was always a decent class just outshone by the crazy around it.

My patch proof Ranger (no sub)/Troubadour build is ripping up 1.1.

Bear companion + Resil Companion gives you a 9 armour tank. Plus heaps of accuracy means DPS is fine.

With Beckoner being destroyed (-1 to summon phrases is now +1 LOL) Troubadour is now best everything.

Breezing through tutorial island.

Yeah summoner is still the best to solo PoTD, except the bugged? poison/alchemy wizard/assassin.

In

If it now hits once and still has 1H damage, WotEP is pretty bad.

Even if it only has the base damage of a heavy one hander: it still hits several enemies at once with decent INT, has a longer reach than normal great swords (1.3 meters - not like a reach weapon with 1.8 but close) AND has some of the best enchantments in the game. Again the example of the 100% Riposte. You can roll a whatever/Wizard and riposte the crap out of everything around you with AoE attacks. With a Spellblade you even have the chance to riposte twice on the same miss (100% WotEP + 20% from Riposte passive). Barbs still proc Carnage on every hit it does (I guess). I can't see how that is pretty bad. It's not super OP anymore, that's correct. :) Also consider how early you get this.

I just retested my frontliner Aloth as Battlemage with it again (wears that weird but beautiful Illusion-Mask and wields WotEP) and it's still a lot of fun.

I'm doing the same with Aloth. How did you go about getting deflection high enough? Did you rely on Llengrath's Displaced Image by itself (which is what I'm doing), or did you use Arcane Veil instead or additionally?

I stack deflection items + Mirrored Image/Wizard's Double/Arcane Veil/Llengrath's and use self buffs + Ryngrim's Spells as well as PER-afflictions like Curse of Blackened Sight (-5 PER, -10 ACC) and PER-drains like Miasma of Dull-Mindedness (-10 PER) and such.

I would really like to test a Monk/Wizard with 35 INT (Duality 10 + Infuse wVE 5) with the Blade. The cone should be very large and I didn't really test how the AoE-hits of the Blade work with the cone Torment's Reach...  

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

the Fighter is he killed ?.. Still a good choice ?...

Obsidian surely killed the fighter for optimal vision of the game. 25 % hit to crit is ok, but without more, since the first big nerf. And cleave is gone... Charge, out. Hum...

Which staying his trump card ?

Back to POE1 with poop Fighter.... no ?

Edited by theBalthazar

Obsidian surely killed the fighter for optimal vision of the game. 25 % hit to crit is ok, but without more since the first big nerf. And cleave is gone... Charge, out. Hum...

Don't forget the unbeding nerf to 25% instead of 50%. He was not Tier 1 in PoE 1 and now he is maybe not even Tier 2 anymore.

• Like 1

Obsidian surely killed the fighter for optimal vision of the game. 25 % hit to crit is ok, but without more, since the first big nerf. And cleave is gone... Charge, out. Hum...

Gone.. out? you are being hyperbolic. 

• Like 1

How has deflection stacking fared? That was the most OP thing in my mind since you could get defenses so high that nothing could even graze you and have deflection to spare. Most of what I have seen mention are the offensive abilities being nerfed. Deflection would need to be nerfed quite a lot to really break those builds as I had like 20-30 more than needed with one of my builds. Both the wizard spells and tank items would need steep nerfs to break it.

Nerfing alone ultimately won’t really make the game balanced because they will certainly miss some things, maybe combos that have gotten less attention because they were ever so slightly worse or less interesting that the “mainstream” OP builds. It will just result in less build options. I think a better strategy is to mix in buffs and nerfs in equal measure; that way you switch up the meta and allow use of powers that previously saw no play because they were just underpowered. With only nerfs, the bad powers still won’t be used and instead continue to use existing powerful combinations that managed to evade the nerf bat. The only result is less viable options.

Edited by Braven

I think a better strategy is to mix in buffs and nerfs in equal measure; that way you switch up the meta and allow use of powers that previously saw no play because they were just underpowered. With only nerfs, the bad skills still won’t be used and instead we will just be making builds using existing powerful combinations that managed to evade the nerf bat and are only slightly worse than ones that saw the lime light before.

Sure. That's the way Balance Man proceeds over a looong time frame. Remember how long it took to get PoE 1 to its 3.0 state, and how many things were nerfed, buffed, and nerfed again along the way? Whole attributes and skills (e.g. Athletics) completely changed in function over geological balance iteration cycles. The same thing happened with New Vegas over a time span of years.

Launch was really the beginning of open beta for this game, and the work of polishing it up is only now under way.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

It seems that they've fixed the gun reload bug. Maja got around 2,7-2,9 seconds between getting each shot off (with a pistol and a blunderbuss) when I tested it just now.

They don't seem to have fixed the bug of each blunderbuss getting -10 accuracy when dual-wielding blunderbusses.

Rogue boost is a good thing. Seems globally more legit. Good job.

I have always a doubt for withering strike. I don't understand why this is 3 guile. ! Always 25 % of damage... Now nobody will take that. Sure 100 %. Need 50 % of damage (min.)

Why not a nerf of Flame of devotion ?

Why shared is always superior to single boost ?

Few problems for me :

Fighter is perhaps dead today.

Paralyse 25 % why not, but afflictions was not a problem, yes ? It was rather the opposite (A lot of people complained a lack of utility of debuff)..

Chanter lose his main trump card (Int inspi L3), for ... nothing... level 1 of inspiration ? Without me : p Perhaps would have been a good idea to CHANGE more than supress totally the effect.

Edited by theBalthazar

Rogue boost is a good thing. Seems globally more legit. Good job.

I have always a doubt for withering strike. I don't understand why this is 3 guile. ! Always 25 % of damage... Now nobody will take that. Sure 100 %. Need 50 % of damage (min.)

Why not a nerf of Flame of devotion ?

Why shared is always superior to single boost ?

Few problems for me :

Fighter is perhaps dead today.

Paralyse 25 % why not, but afflictions was not a problem, yes ? It was rather the opposite (A lot of people complained a lack of utility of debuff)..

Chanter lose his main trump card (Int inspi L3), for ... nothing... level 1 of inspiration ? Without me : p Perhaps would have been a good idea to CHANGE more than supress totally the effect.

Chanter is still top tier class even after nerf. Summoning, Regeneration, all top rank.

For FoD, I admit self boost inferior to shared is weird, but I like the overall trend of downtuning lash. In the previous vesion, lash is too good.

Edited by dunehunter

Some of the best changes:

Cabalist's Gambelson Retaliatory Runes enchant is down to 10% reflection, from 15%

Upright Captain's Belt is now +1 Constitution, from +2

Baubles of the Fin aura to 3% Bonus damage, from 5%

Acina's Tricorn down to 10% faster reloads, from 20%

Gauntlet's for Greater Reliability down to 25% Graze-to-Hit conversion, from 30%

Miscreant's Leather Down to -10% Recovery Time, from -15%

Devil of Caroc's Breastplate Articulated down to -10%, from -20%. Mechanical Mind now only applies to Intellect Afflictions (assumed that similar change was done to physical version of the enchant). Devil's Due down to +2 Health, from +4.

Whisper's of the Endless Path seems to have lost the ability to hit its' primary target twice, with the base damage remaining unchanged.

All stuff people were constantly and vocally complaining about. I've seen people rage-quit because the +5% damage from Baubles of the Fin made them cut through enemies like a knife through butter.

With the already criminally slow average recovery time at 4s, it was of utmost importance to reduce speed/recovery buffs—especially Swift Strikes and its upgrades from 20% to 15% because, frankly, that insane attack speed was breaking everybody's game.

The Chanter nerf, however, is the real winner.

Problem: Brilliant Inspiration is too powerful.

Solution:

• Leave Brilliant untouched.
  • Remove the only source of Brilliant in the game. That Brilliant was created and implemented for nothing is but a minor side effect.
  • Nerf the Chanter phrase so that it becomes unnecessarily bland and weak for its Power Level, granting three tier 1 Inspirations that most other classes can already access in spades at much lower power levels.

Now the invocation is useless, and Brilliant is still broken (but unavailable.)

Very, very good design.

• Like 11

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I see twinned arrow atm...

Lol this boost : p Need a nerf please.

attack x 2 at 25 % damage, for 2 bond ? WTF ?

Good gift to single class (I'm happy for single) but seems not legit...

Boost of single target buffs for priest : good idea.

Edited by theBalthazar

Ciphers

- time parasite from 50% >25%

- Pain block and body attunement got really stomped on , only +2 armour rating now

- the prone description for amplified wave is actually missing so that makes me think they have changed that aswell

- and of course defensive mindweb is pretty much uselss in it current state as anyone who takes even 1 point of damage is taken out of it

Ciphers probably the biggest victims from the nerf bat out of all classes which is really surpising as they werent that strong anyway

Fighter unbending down to 25% is a welcome nerf that was super powerful before

and paladin self immolation is still at really high raw self damage that will kill you so it wasnt a mistake then?? bizare??

When I played with my Cipher yesterday, it seemed like Amplified Wave still had its prone effect. The skill description still mentioned it too.

I agree with most of the adjustments in this patch, but Time Parasite is one of the few that I highly, highly disagree with. It's problematic because it was the single reason to go single class Cipher over multiclass, and to go after the one spell that defined single class Cipher gameplay like that is highly questionable. At the same time though, old Time Parasite was probably way too absurd in the hands of an Ascendant Cipher, but the nerf hit the other types of Ciphers disproportionately hard.

At the very least, I find that with the nerf to 25% speed, Time Parasite's base 12 second buff duration is now far too short for what's supposed to be a tier 8 single class self-buff spell that requires 80 focus to use, especially with the long casting time that it has. Melee Ciphers will waste some of the short buff duration walking from enemy to enemy, which means that Time Parasite is now essentially a highly situational spell for melee builds, and is possibly going to be relegated to something only frequently used in ranged/caster builds. The non-Ascendent Ciphers will now want to build up even more focus before using Time Parasite, since auto attacks to recharge focus while under Time Parasite will be slower than before.

With that said, I propose that if Time Parasite is to be kept at 25%, I think the base buff duration should be increased to around 20 seconds. This would make the effects noticeable over a longer period of time to justify continued use, while avoiding the super burst of the old 50% effect.

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 2

Cabalist's Gambelson Retaliatory Runes enchant is down to 10% reflection, from 15%

Gauntlet's for Greater Reliability down to 25% Graze-to-Hit conversion, from 30%

Devil of Caroc's Breastplate Articulated down to -10%, from -20%. Mechanical Mind now only applies to Intellect Afflictions (assumed that similar change was done to physical version of the enchant). Devil's Due down to +2 Health, from +4.

Whisper's of the Endless Path seems to have lost the ability to hit its' primary target twice, with the base damage remaining unchanged.

All stuff people were constantly and vocally complaining about. I've seen people rage-quit because the +5% damage from Baubles of the Fin made them cut through enemies like a knife through butter.

With the already criminally slow average recovery time at 4s, it was of utmost importance to reduce speed/recovery buffs—especially Swift Strikes and its upgrades from 20% to 15% because, frankly, that insane attack speed was breaking everybody's game.

Solution:

• Remove the only source of Brilliant in the game. That Brilliant was created and implemented for nothing is but a minor side effect.
  • Nerf the Chanter phrase so that it becomes unnecessarily bland and weak for its Power Level, granting three tier 1 Inspirations that most other classes can already access in spades at much lower power levels.

Very, very good design.

Maybe it's just because they haven't come to a good solution to change Brilliant, so a quick fix is removing it from the game. I don't think this is a design issue, but just a quick fix for current game..

IMO the problem with Time Parasite wasn't the 50% buff, but the fact that it stacked with itself indefinitely. Removing that would have sufficed.

• Like 6

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I see twinned arrow atm...

Lol this boost : p Need a nerf please.

attack x 2 at 25 % damage, for 2 bond ? WTF ?

Good gift to single class (I'm happy for single) but seems not legit...

Single target buff for priest : good idea.

You can do the samething with dual blunderbuss monk using Flagellant's Path ;) (the last time i tested, both path and charge works with dual ranged weapon)

Solution:

Very, very good design.

Wow Andrea, you are really, really p!ssed right now. My supersensitive sarkasm-antennas are vibrating like you wouldn't believe. ;)

• Like 11

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I might have let myself be carried away with the butthurt. Sorry for that. XD

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 10