Man that fight in port maje is a pain now. I can see why they increased the amount of enemies but what's with the OP mage chick? And worst part is she's in a corner so it's not like I can just ran and kill her before she kills someone.

Edit: Also game's bugged in which case you wipe there and reload no one aggros for some reason. And you can't even use pull outside of combat (which is laughable)

Edited by Ryz009

The Eye of Wael nerfed:

10% chance to become invisible for 8 sec after crits (huge nerf from 25%)

5% chance to cast random illusion spell on target on hit

10% chance to put random afliction on target on crits

Before nerf it worked really well with Keybreaker while playing helwalker/assassin.

giphy.gif

Lol they nerfed Frostseeker, Evocation gloves, 100% healing chant and Sun and Moon effect?

I agree with Charge nerf and few others but the above seems totally stupid to me.

Unless they fixed PotD difficulty I will skip this patch till that.

Any news if they fix PotD difficulty at all? Then I will download it and mod myself (just replace abilities and statuseffects files with old version ones after you patch, though I am gonna take that Charge nerf as it's good imo).

Edited by Voltron

Lol they nerfed Frostseeker, Evocation gloves, 100% healing chant and Sun and Moon effect?

I agree with Charge nerf and few others not with other ones.

Unless they fixed PotD difficulty I will skip this patch till that.

Any news if they fix PotD difficulty at all? Then I will download it and mod myself.

yeah they fixed it

It’s in the patch notes; Veteran and PotD have been reworked.

Unfortunately they all nerfed a lot of things that weren’t broken, because why not?

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

yeah they went bonkers on the nerfing,

on a brighter note rogues look quite polished now apart from not having many good high level stuff,

Im kind of happy where rogues are at now that invis is fixed and the extra 25% damage with powers,

time for my first playthrough tommorrow can wait,

man its been a tough month waiting for this patch to come out

It’s in the patch notes; Veteran and PotD have been reworked.

Unfortunately they all nerfed a lot of things that weren’t broken, because why not?

I will just replace items, abilities, statuseffects files and it should be new PotD with old things. Then I will just copy from newer files changes that imo makes sense like Monk nerfs and Charge nerf etc.

20 min work.

Edited by Voltron

Most changes do look good, apart from a few things I don't agree with (e.g. I think body attunement was overnerfed a bit, could go back to like +3).

Obviously there are a lot of trash abilities that need buffs, but I think fixing gamebreaking stuff was higher priority. Hopefully they'll get around to balancing them next. It's hard to fix everything at the same time.

I think I can do a 2nd full playthrough now to provide further feedback. 

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

So all single target priest buffs got 0.5 cast now? This means I got 0.5 base cast Minor Avatar on my Nalpazca/Wael Priest? I'll take that if all I lost is some lash damage from turning wheel and lightning strike. 1 less PL on nature godlike sucks a bit but it was too good lets face it. How about wizards? They nerfed Concussive Missiles, Missile Salvo, Meteor screen wiping or still same ****? 

How about skill scaling items? Capped at 10 or still broken? 

So all single target priest buffs got 0.5 cast now? This means I got 0.5 base cast Minor Avatar on my Nalpazca/Wael Priest? I'll take that if all I lost is some lash damage from turning wheel and lightning strike. 1 less PL on nature godlike sucks a bit but it was too good lets face it. How about wizards? They nerfed Concussive Missiles, Missile Salvo, Meteor screen wiping or still same ****? 

How about skill scaling items? Capped at 10 or still broken? 

I don't think it's all single target priest spells, just the litany spells, I could be wrong though.  Empowering concussive missiles is far less effective than before the patch, I think it's because of the +2 enemy armor boost though mroe than anything else.

I see, I might consider replaying Contemplative class post patch, I had a blast playing it right now, it turned opie opie after getting unlimitted stunning fist. I bet even post patch u'll be able to stack so many stats, +% damage on nalpazca that pure damage will just break the game by mid levels. I mean atm with maxed alchemy, having +8 PL with nature godlike, ascension pot, priest inspiration and all the +% damage drugs, pots, lashes I was hitting stunning fist full attacks for over 300 at times so... and thats at level 16 without minor avatar yet. 

Edited by Phyriel

I’m actually mad at myself for being surprised.

• Like 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I’m actually mad at myself for being surprised.

I'm holding off playing until the balance settles somewhat. I don't want to get attached to certain abilities or items then see them get nerfed.

Argh... I am hoping to complete my current playthrough before the patch goes live. For the sake of playing on a "clean slate". Might not have the luxury of doing that since time is a little scarce though...

My issue is that the LoP was already just borderline OK, and it bit me that a DW version was actually more powerful. Now that the speed/recovery bonuses have been unnecessarily nerfed and the W in WotEP stands for Wimpy, there’s no reason to play the build at all.

And I’m not interested in other builds for the Watcher. My companions can be anything but the Watcher must hit hard and fast without having to wear light armor or dual-wield. I could do that in the first game but Deadfire seems to be going out of its way to prevent it.