What did they do to the breastplate?

Articulated from -20% recovery to -10% recovery

Only provides resistance to Intellect Afflictions

Healing on Crit from 4 to 2

Many other unnecessary nerfs listed in the reddit link in the first page of this thread.

My will to play the game is waning by the minute.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I am a bit desappointed about Chanter nerf.

Tier 3 Intellect Inspiration was broken. It is bad to have an inspiration that is OP on its own. That needed fixing, fixing this Invocation is just a way to hide the problem. 

I don't even know now, where you can get a brilliant inspiration. They should have ticked that 3 sec to up to 10 or something.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 1

Ciphers

- time parasite from 50% >25%

- Pain block and body attunement got really stomped on , only +2 armour rating now

- the prone description for amplified wave is actually missing so that makes me think they have changed that aswell

- and of course defensive mindweb is pretty much uselss in it current state as anyone who takes even 1 point of damage is taken out of it

Ciphers probably the biggest victims from the nerf bat out of all classes which is really surpising as they werent that strong anyway

Fighter unbending down to 25% is a welcome nerf that was super powerful before

and paladin self immolation is still at really high raw self damage that will kill you so it wasnt a mistake then?? bizare??

Edited by antman45454
  • Like 8

Well looks like almost every item that saw any use has been nerfed, my guess is that they will buff weaker options somewhere else down the line but for now we'll just have to adapt. I'll probably have to use a different 2h as back-up for my solo PotD Warlock, since Whispers single-target DPS got cut in half, or maybe switch to Engoliero do Espirs all-together. 

One interesting thing that I didn't see in the list of nerfs is chanter summons. A chanter multi might be the best option for a solo run now honestly. Rogue getting bonus damage on all their abilities also raises them up in the rankings a bit, but not much. Fighter isn't the king of AoE anymore, with how bad Carnage is there is actually almost no AoE for martial classes come to think of it. 

Ciphers

- Pain block and body attunement got really stomped on , only +2 armour rating now

- the prone description for amplified wave is actually missing so that makes me think they have changed that aswell

- and of course defensive mindweb is pretty much uselss in it current state as anyone who takes even 1 point of damage is taken out of it

Ciphers probably the biggest victims from the nerf bat out of all classes which is really surpising as they werent that strong anyway

and paladin self immolation is still at really high raw self damage that will kill you so it wasnt a mistake then?? bizare??

hey im not trolling and im being serious but does anyone think that ciphers are actually worth it now?

im having second thoughts, i thought they where going to get a buff not nuked

Edited by antman45454
  • Like 1

Well looks like almost every item that saw any use has been nerfed, my guess is that they will buff weaker options somewhere else down the line but for now we'll just have to adapt. I'll probably have to use a different 2h as back-up for my solo PotD Warlock, since Whispers single-target DPS got cut in half, or maybe switch to Engoliero do Espirs all-together. 

One interesting thing that I didn't see in the list of nerfs is chanter summons. A chanter multi might be the best option for a solo run now honestly. Rogue getting bonus damage on all their abilities also raises them up in the rankings a bit, but not much. Fighter isn't the king of AoE anymore, with how bad Carnage is there is actually almost no AoE for martial classes come to think of it. 

Could be nobody has tried summoner yet, wouldn't get my hopes up to high just yet anyhow.

Ravager ought to be able to do decent AoE with carnage+rooting pain.

Ciphers

Yeah its strange that they are bashing down Ciphers even further, maybe they dont want Ciphers to be played in Deadfire? ;P

What did they do to the breastplate?

Articulated from -20% recovery to -10% recovery

Only provides resistance to Intellect Afflictions

Healing on Crit from 4 to 2

Many other unnecessary nerfs listed in the reddit link in the first page of this thread.

My will to play the game is waning by the minute.

But dont u like having the option to wear other armours without thinking that u'd be gimping urself because of DoC BP?

Ciphers

hey im not trolling and im being serious but does anyone think that ciphers are actually worth it now?

By looking at their abilities the only reason i could find to play one was their buffs and Ringleader, now they have only Ringleader ;P

Edited by Dorftek

Ascendant ware powerful, since they could reach max preatty fast, and then spam the heaviest spells they have.

But that was issue with Ascendant, which could be fixed by changin ascession to "have 50% discount on your powers while lasting".

Beside that, there was like 10 powers worth time, which you cant even use all, since you either use 1 power or another (kinda like chanters invocations. Same level as Rogues Druid, some nice stuff, but nothing game breaking. The main reason why everyone picked Attune Body is that ciphers have very few powers worth something.

After nerfs: You still can play Ascendant Rogue. And use same powers as usual - attune.

Beguiler still trashed.

It is something. But why?

Edited by evilcat

Ciphers

Multiclass is still similar-ish. Pure Ciphers is weaker now but in the grander scheme of things still viable. With Brillance gone, replenish-able resource classes seems more desirable and Ciphers are one of those.

I mean in PoE1 Ciphers got multiple nerfs at the start as well. In the end they were still usable. Maybe they will buffed again in the future.

Edited by mosspit

Could be nobody has tried summoner yet, wouldn't get my hopes up to high just yet anyhow.

Ravager ought to be able to do decent AoE with carnage+rooting pain.

It appears that Beckoner now actually has +1 to phrase cost for summons while retaining the other bonus and malus, that'll really push Troubadour to be the go-to for a summoner which it kind of was already. Skald is obviously still great for a martial multi focusing on crits although Paralyze hit-to-crit is only 25% now.

And you are right there is still some decent AoE but it is not nearly what it was. AoE weapons such as Whispers being hit as well compounds this. That might actually mean that martial classes will have more trouble on solo runs and push for some more diversity with casters seeing more use as well for their AoE capabilities, assuming you can also get an acceptable level of survivability. 

Ciphers

By looking at their abilities the only reason i could find to play one was their buffs and Ringleader, now they have only Ringleader ;P

yeah none of the cipher powers really justify the casting and recovery time now. better of just charging in with a sword ...

man they where my favourite class too,

now there ranger teir, 

It appears that Beckoner now actually has +1 to phrase cost for summons while retaining the other bonus and malus, that'll really push Troubadour to be the go-to for a summoner which it kind of was already. Skald is obviously still great for a martial multi focusing on crits although Paralyze hit-to-crit is only 25% now.

And you are right there is still some decent AoE but it is not nearly what it was. AoE weapons such as Whispers being hit as well compounds this. That might actually mean that martial classes will have more trouble on solo runs and push for some more diversity with casters seeing more use as well for their AoE capabilities, assuming you can also get an acceptable level of survivability. 

+1 on Summons for Beckoner, so... subclass around summons has summoning nerfed. Yeah that definetly make sense.

At least they could go "Your direct damage invocations cost +1phrase" that would make more sense.

Ciphers

Soul blade ought to still be useful as a martial multi class especially as borrowed instinct is one of the best accuracy buffs now after devotions nerf. 

Also in reply to the dude you're quoting, pain block is exactly the same as it was before, so is amplified wave.   

P.S.  While testing amplified wave I also confirmed that turning wheel no longer buffs it.

Edited by Climhazzard

Ciphers

Soul blade ought to still be useful as a martial multi class especially as borrowed instinct is one of the best accuracy buffs now after devotions nerf. 

Also in reply to the dude you're quoting, pain block is exactly the same as it was before, so is amplified wave.   

P.S.  While testing amplified wave I also confirmed that turning wheel no longer buffs it.

painblock use to be +5 armour rating ???? i could be wrong

body attunement use to be +5 im prety sure now only +2 , thats really stupid as now it is a completely useless spell as it needs a successful hit vs fortitude to even work plus it has a 4 sec recovery, why the hell would you want to cast it?? they should have just removed it

Edited by antman45454

Ciphers

painblock use to be +5 armour rating

The robust inspiration has always been +2 armor, even in the early beta versions.

Edited by Climhazzard

Ciphers

The robust inspiration has always been +2 armor, even in the early beta versions.

ah ok i was thinking of boddy attument, use to be the ciphers one and only good self buff, now not even worth casting

Ciphers

ah ok i was thinking of boddy attument, use to be the ciphers one and only good self buff, now not even worth casting

Body attunement isn't really, but perhaps you should read the description of borrowed instinct, it was a better self buff than bdoy attunement to begin with and now it's honestly one of the best self buffs in the game.

Edited by Climhazzard