Erm, meaning its lowest amount on the die roll?

I feel like this was a nerf's only patch. :( Rangers and Ogres still need lub. 

We had a "big nerf list" thread. Did we also had "big buff list" one? If not then we have no right to complain about lack of buffs.

• Like 1

Vancian =/= per rest.

I managed to get through the newbie island PoTD without any knockouts, but it was by the skin of my teeth. 

Btw I don't think shield bearer lay on hands was touched.  I kept my Nalpazca alive at 1 hp for quite awhile at one point before realizing I was suffering from drug crash...

They did, now it works only with allies, so no more immortal solo paladins.

Swift flurry not more procs itself.

Also, some noticed changes.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.png

Main cheese with ciphers is time ascession time parasite and spamming the fattest powers you have.

Borrowed instinct.... other classes have -4 armour. Or full ttacks which penetrate armour.

Chanter has aoe -2 armour on enemies, with infinite duration upgrade. (no, dont nerf chanters)

Beguiler is kinda a lot of work, but not much gain. So should get some form of small sneak attack effect.

But overall some possitive news, even if small (like Priest buffs).

Edited by evilcat

I hope they don't change chill fog. WotEP is now pretty much useless i guess and Fighter as well. So i have to stick with my pure Chanter for the DLC's, cuz i never used the brilliant aura anyway.

WotEP?

I hope they don't change chill fog. WotEP is now pretty much useless i guess and Fighter as well. So i have to stick with my pure Chanter for the DLC's, cuz i never used the brilliant aura anyway.

WotEP?

Whispers of the Endless Path's Greatsword. It was very good, because it proc'ed twice on your main target, but that is gone. And with my Brute, the cone is not big enough to hit many enemies, so for me it's not worth it anymore.

My current WotEP Psyblade is screwed I guess :blink:

• Like 1

Wounding Shot had the description "20% of weapon base damage" before the patch. Base damage is the damage range of the plain, unenchanted weapon without dmg bonuses.

For examole: fists have 5-8 base damage (6.5 average). If Wounding Shot does 20% raw that means 1.3.

If the tooltip now says weapon damage (without the "base") again there might have been a rebuff.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

This is my personal opinion on the patch. Instead of putting thoughts on making battles harder by adding/mixing different enemy composition they just go the lazy and incompetent way of balancing: nerfs. Take for example Devotion of the Faithful nerfing -10 ACC. So the idea of making battles harder is making you to not being so accurate? This is incompetently lazy as it solve nothing but frustration. Yeah great balance just nerf the hell out of everything without putting in thoughts.

This is what they should do: re-visit and fine tune the battles by mix in different enemy variation to a battle. Enemies that cast debuffs on you, buff themselves, cast summons, use bombs, drugs, potions, traps instead of nerfing any abilities that was awesome and continue neglecting the underpowered builds. Can't wait for the game become even worst and nothing but a dull chore.

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 6

WotEP is not "useless". The double hit was obviously a bug. The AoE capability and especially the further enchantments are still top notch. Find another weapon that does AoE with every hit without drawbacks that gives you a 100% Riposte chance on miss (for example).

• Like 1

Looks like some good changes. Fighters shouldn't be better than barbs at aoe. And monks needed a nerf as did one or two chanter inspirations. Regarding buffing the weaker classes. They do need a buff, but I've found that attempting to balance both sides ie bringing weaker up wand dropping the overpowered stuff down at the same time often just creates more overpowered classes.... it just inverts the scales. So I'd be fine with just bringing down the op stuff first then having another look at who needs to be buffed.

Smaller changes more often are better for balance than big changes occasionally.

• Like 5

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

This is my personal opinion on the patch. Instead of putting thoughts on making battles harder by adding/mixing different enemy composition they just go the lazy and incompetent way of balancing: nerfs. Take for example Devotion of the Faithful nerfing -10 ACC. So the idea of making battles harder is making you to not being so accurate? This is incompetently lazy.

Most of the stuff they nerfed was in dire need of a nerf. Devotions made bringing a priest almost mandatory and stuff like chain-proccing Swift Flurry, Mercy and Kindness and so on don't need to be discussed, they were just awfully bad for the game balance or simply broke the mechanics.

Concerning ACC nerf vs. difficulty buff: Where's the difference anyway? Lowering ACC or raising defenses on enemies is basically the same thing - only in the first case you can do it with one adjustment and have an effect while with the second you have to make hundreds over all difficulty settings (since the game's too easy on all settings). I'd say that's efficient, not lazy.

And also nobody said they won't do (or plan to do) both: nerfing and adjustments of difficulty settings (on enemies/encounters).

Some nerfs were def. uncalled for though.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 11

This is my personal opinion on the patch. Instead of putting thoughts on making battles harder by adding/mixing different enemy composition they just go the lazy and incompetent way of balancing: nerfs. Take for example Devotion of the Faithful nerfing -10 ACC. So the idea of making battles harder is making you to not being so accurate? This is incompetently lazy as it solve nothing but frustration. Yeah great balance just nerf the hell out of everything without putting in thoughts.

Actually, Archaven, I'm seriously wondering if all these various tweaks were things that the devs wanted to do before release, but were prevented from doing so due to some sort of pre-release code "block".  It would make sense to me, because I'm sure that at some point 1-2-3 weeks before release, they lock the code from any further changes because they don't want to make some mistake that would screw up the release.  And these might just be some of those changes that they didn't get in under the wire.

Honestly, I didn't expect these sorts of changes to come from player feedback post release in the first patch.   I was much more expecting a patch focused almost entirely on bug fixes rather than rebalancing changes.

Dragon's dowry now gives only 40% action speed.

P.S. Also, i just reloaded save with titan fight, once fight begin, appears three skeletons and skeleton mage immediately start cast arcane dumperer. 

Edited by PIRI

And now you know why I don't post builds before the first few patches hit the game. :)

A good amount of the builds in the list are screwed now (immortal x, endless y and so on). If PoE showed anything then that game breakers and severe balance issues will get nerfed. The trick is to find stuff that's powerful enough to be great but not game breaking so that it can fly under the nerf-radar. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 9

There are two sides:

Nerf player damage <> buff enemy hp

Lower player accuracy <> buff enemy defenses

Nerf player sustain <> increase enemy dmg

Nerf item aoe <> add more monsters.

Monk swift furry constantly resulted in some overpowered results and infinite procs.

However, there is base "good", or how good no op abillities should be to be worth casting time/resources.

There is problem with nerfing things which are just good enought to be casted, below this base, so it will be clearly worse than other powers of similar effect. In case of body atument : nerf BA -> less cast of BA-> more cast amplified wave. How is this better?

Edited by evilcat

This is what they should do: re-visit and fine tune the battles by mix in different enemy variation to a battle. Enemies that cast debuffs on you, buff themselves, cast summons, use bombs, drugs, potions, traps instead of nerfing any abilities that was awesome and continue neglecting the underpowered builds. Can't wait for the game become even worst and nothing but a dull chore.

if u actually played the new potd  u would see that there are a lot of changes in enemy encounter. i only played the first island and i enjoyed it a lot. the fights are much more challenging. 

the skills and weapons that needed nerfs got nerfed.

Edited by dudex

They've changed the encounters too.