Build 1.1.0.0023 Hangs / Takes excessive time to reach intro screen

Matt

Question

I just downloaded the beta.  The first time I launched it my windows 10 pc appeared to hang, with the cursor turning to the rotating circle.  Alt-tabbing moved me to a blank screen which seemed unresponsive to most input.  Task manager was able to come up after screwing around with focus, and windows suggested the program was non-responsive.

I launched again, and the same thing happened, so I verified cache.

Trying to launch again after checking for some sort of crash log and finding no new ones, I would estimate I finally got to the title screen after a much longer than typical delay.  I would estimate prior to the beta it took 10-20 seconds to reach the title screen.  I further estimate it is taking 5-10 times longer.

I quit the application, and relaunched it.  For 3 times in a row now I am eventually able to make it to the title screen, but it consistently takes MUCH longer than it did on the prior stable release.

19 answers to this question

Hello Matt,

I am sorry this is happening, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you send us your output log? That might help us identify the source of the issue.

Output Log

When the issue occurs, close the game client, find this file, then attach it to your post

Steam Location: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

GOG Location: \GOG\Games\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

GOG Galaxy: \GalaxyClient\Games\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

OSX Location: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Same issue here.  I thought my game was just crashing, but after reading this thread, I let the game continue to run, and it eventually started (game is installed on an SSD too).  Took a very long time.  I reverted back to patch 1.02 and had no issues booting the game.  Soon as I switched back to 1.1, the issue came back.

Having the same problem on Linux. I don't seem to have output_log.txt. ~/.config/unity3d/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity II/Player.log has "WebException: The request timed out" some time after launching the game, maybe it's related.

I've been having this same issue as well. I'll attach my Output_log file once I figure out how to attach a file on this forum  :geek:

If it is better, you can try to add the link to a dropbox or a shared drive may help out since the website has issues with file loads.

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I've been having this same issue as well. I'll attach my Output_log file once I figure out how to attach a file on this forum  :geek:

If it is better, you can try to add the link to a dropbox or a shared drive may help out since the website has issues with file loads.

Here's a link to the file on my Onedrive.  https://1drv.ms/t/s!AncWyJoosvlygY51yihDAC-SaINAXA