Patch 1.1.0 Updates Thread

David Benefield

Question

Hello Beta Patch folk!

Version 1.1.0 is almost ready for release. The Devs have been working on this patch for quite a while, and our QA team has been doing the best they can, but we would love to get your help again in seeing if anything has snuck by them.

You can find instructions on how to opt in to the beta branch on this thread.

Due to the quantity of fixes in this patch (there are well over 1000 fixes in this update), we won't be exhaustively listing them all out. Below are all of the features and a small subset of the fixes in this patch. We'll continue adding to this list as we near the patch release.

For those who have modded the game

You may have to uninstall or update your mod when you update the game as they may not be compatible with v1.1.0

Build 1.1.0.0034 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 31 and build 34.

• Fixed some Digsite Sublevel encounters that were not playing their emerges.
  • Null check fix in NavigationPath.ClearCorners which was occasionally causing transition / load failures booting back to main menu. (Forum log)
  • Fixed some Partial hair for Maia and Eder
  • Fixed all in-game achievement icons no longer displaying in the Achievement UI or the Achievement notification
  • ‘Start and Skip Intro’ localization added
  • Added some missing Korean Localization

Build 1.1.0.0031 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 29 and build 31.

• Potential fix for very long start-up time (before the Obsidian logo was shown)
    • If you were experiencing this bug, please let us know if this is resolved for you in build 31.
  • Removed the "Show News" game option, which in turn fixes the Disabled News bug
  • Fixed issue with opening the Options in the Prologue after Character Creation resetting the player's class when arriving to their body.
  • Fix party AI not reconnecting decision trees when dismissed and recruited. 
  • Various Partial hair fixes
  • Fixed the Ability Bar subrows flickering for 1 frame when you hovered over a spell level icon.
  • Hasongo, Ashen Maw, and Ukaizo are now flagged as "Critical Path" for level scaling purposes. 
  • Fixed issue where auto-granted abilities weren't added back when retraining.

Build 1.1.0.0029 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 23 and build 29.

• Companions now support Partial hair.
  • Mirke now has eyecolor
  • Dead body loot containers no longer display as unlooted after save / load or area transition.
  • Removed AnimationControllerPlayer leak that was likely causing the game to run slow after 4+ hours of play. 
  • Fixing HD Weapon textures not loading in paper doll.
  • All encounter changes for PotD are now in.
  • Correction! Maia will no longer leave the party right after entering The Brass Citadel, but will do so when the player approaches the Powderhouse.

• Ship combat balance and combatant count updates:
    • Made Closing to Board less punishing for players by lowering the base damage values for hull, sail, and crew damage.
    • Increased damage for ramming ships (both to the rammer and rammee).
    • Reduced the accuracy given per rank of cannoneer.
    • Reduced Ship health by ~20%.
    • Added opponent deck defender count to ship duel UI.
    • Globally Updated ship combats to have a 1:1 ratio of combatants to crew. Enemy Ship Defenders are now shown separately.

Build 1.1.0.0023 Updates

Please note that this is just a fraction of the changes made, we'll be updating this post to be more inclusive of all the changes soon.

New Features & Updates
  • Intro Skip Added
    • There is now a Start & Skip Intro button that brings the player directly to the second level of the game.
    • This feature becomes available after you have played through the intro once, or loaded a save (after getting the update).
  • Veteran & PotD Balance Improvements (Still in Progress!!)
    • Armor and Penetration now scale up on PotD.
    • Many encounters have had units swapped out for tougher versions.
    • Some encounters have had units added or set to ambush the party during the encounter.
    • In Progress: Build 23 does not yet contain our updates to the following areas, these should be in our next update to the beta
      • Hanging Sepulchers
      • Hasongo
      • Cliffside Temple
      • Drowned Barrows
      • The Ashen Bridge
      • The Jagged Keep
      • Lair of the Ancient
      • Poko Kahara
  • AI support and updates:
    • All Conditionals have now been categorized in the Custom AI menu
    • The AI Toggle button on the ability bar now supports cycling through: Attacking while using Abilities, Attacking while not using Abilities, and Not using AI
    • The following actions can now be conditionalized in Custom AI: Using Consumable quick slot items, Activating Modals, Switching Weapon Sets, and Basic Weapon Attacking
  • Ship Resupply
    • A  new "Refill Ship Supplies" button can now be used to conveniently purchase ship supplies from any storefront that sells Medical Supplies, Cannon Shot, and Repair Supplies
  • World Map Legend Added
    • A new Map Legend has been added that allows all icons on the World Map to be filtered by category
  • Character Appearance Improvements
    • Character Appearance can now be changed in-game via the Appearance button on the Inventory screen (Player and adventurers only)
    • Character Hairstyles are now rendered naturally with some Hats (Player and Adventurer only for now, companions coming before we launch the patch)
    • Eye Color customization has been added.
  • Graphics options expanded
    • New Toggles have been added to the Graphics menu to enable/disable certain visual features.
  • News Feed Updated
    • The News Feed on the Main Menu has been revamped to include links to the latest articles, DLC, and social media

Major Issues

• Leveling up characters with bonus weapon sets no longer causes a black screen
  • Resolved an issue that blocked users with certain permissions from loading saves.
  • Creating a multiclass character with spells and non-spell abilities no longer blocks character creation.
  • Many edge case crashes (reported by users) have also been resolved.

General Issues

• Retraining a character (Respec) will no longer remove learned talents & abilities such as watcher abilities nor purchased skill bonuses
  • Ships on the world map no longer move while time is stopped (If the player's vessel is not moving)
  • Watcher's can no longer purchase more supplies than their ship can hold
  • Eder & Xoti no longer repeat the same banter over and over.
  • And many many others! (We will continue to add the most prevalent ones to this list)
Quest Issues (Potential Spoilers!)
  • Sealed Fate now fails if Degnos dies before the quest is completed.

Edited by David Benefield
Updating spoiler that said the bug instead of the fix.
  • Like 34

Guys, please, what about all the quests that break when done out of order? I've read enough worrisome reports about quests outright breaking but there are also other issues, like dialogue appearing when it shouldn't or even entire characters appearing and acting as if we've worked together already.

Can you at least acknowledge that there are a number of quests that break when you don't follow them exactly? Just telling us you know about them and are working on them is enough for me.

I can't play until I know quests won't randomly give me dialogue options for things I haven't seen or done, or throw characters at me that I'm not supposed to meet yet.

Are there any fixes for the companion dispoitions raising too quickly in this patch (currently of planned)? Out of all of the bugs that is the one I'm principally waiting to be fixed before I re-start (since interacting with the companions is one of the primary pluses of the these games in my own mind.)

(This isn't a moan, by-the-by, if it's not, it's not - them's the breaks and I'll just have to go bunnies and amuse myself for a while longer, but it would be nice to known one way or another.)

I think that should be the number one concern , fixing bugs on companions , story , etc .... But looks like im wrong and making the game harder is more important , in a RPG , well what do i know ...

Seriously?  No fix for inability respec my chanter without losing the chant selected on character creation?

I'm sorry that is still happening for you @Awkward Davies, would you mind sending us a save file that we could reproduce the issue from? We think our fix may not be working for older saves, so any saves we can get would help us find out why. Saves are big, so we'd recommend either using a dropbox/google drive link or sending it to us at bugs@obsidian.net

@David Benefield, are you saying I would have to start a completely new game to avoid the problem?  I have tried respecing after updating to latest beta and still have the same issue.  Do you need a save from before a broken respec or after?  Where do I find save files for a Steam installation of Deadfire?

We may be able to make a fix for old saves, but we'd need to better understand what is broken for those saves. Ideally we need a save just before the respec occurs so that we can cause the issue to happen on our end and trace what it does wrong.

See below for notes on where the save game files are stored, and thank you for your help!!

Savegames

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

MACOS: ~/Library/Application Support/ Pillars of Eternity II

Linux: $XDG_Data_Home/PillarsofEternityII

Are there any fixes for the companion dispoitions raising too quickly in this patch (currently of planned)? Out of all of the bugs that is the one I'm principally waiting to be fixed before I re-start (since interacting with the companions is one of the primary pluses of the these games in my own mind.)

(This isn't a moan, by-the-by, if it's not, it's not - them's the breaks and I'll just have to go bunnies and amuse myself for a while longer, but it would be nice to known one way or another.)

Yes! Those fixes are in this patch :)

• Like 1

I think that should be the number one concern , fixing bugs on companions , story , etc .... But looks like im wrong and making the game harder is more important , in a RPG , well what do i know ...

If you play the beta patch this stuff is much improved, Xoti no longer tries to jump directly into your pants, etc. I think it's still getting tweaked a bit though. I think the issue is a lot of conversations are front-loaded and the companion quests are fairly short.

Yes! Those fixes are in this patch :)

ACE!

Cheers.

('Course,  the irony is, I'm now going on holiday for a week...! Still, fair chance the patch might be out if beta by the time I get back and am ready to play (not that it being in beta would have stopped me), so all to the good, one supposes!)

Seriously?  No fix for inability respec my chanter without losing the chant selected on character creation?

I'm sorry that is still happening for you @Awkward Davies, would you mind sending us a save file that we could reproduce the issue from? We think our fix may not be working for older saves, so any saves we can get would help us find out why. Saves are big, so we'd recommend either using a dropbox/google drive link or sending it to us at bugs@obsidian.net

@David Benefield, are you saying I would have to start a completely new game to avoid the problem?  I have tried respecing after updating to latest beta and still have the same issue.  Do you need a save from before a broken respec or after?  Where do I find save files for a Steam installation of Deadfire?

We may be able to make a fix for old saves, but we'd need to better understand what is broken for those saves. Ideally we need a save just before the respec occurs so that we can cause the issue to happen on our end and trace what it does wrong.

See below for notes on where the save game files are stored, and thank you for your help!!

Savegames

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

MACOS: ~/Library/Application Support/ Pillars of Eternity II

Linux: $XDG_Data_Home/PillarsofEternityII

Thanks.  I submitted what I think was my most recent test of the problem.  To be clear, I wouldn't really expect it to be fixed in an old save, but I am still seeing this happen with a character without issues that I try to respec in latest Beta build.  The only thing I haven't tried is starting with a new character using the Beta.

Edited by Awkward Davies

Companion interaction still broken. In a sense WANT TO TALK dialogs still dont work. Even worse now actually cause WANT TO TALK icon now stay forever apparently. Just to taunt me i suppose. 

Edited by Dopsim

The beta patch fixed 2 Aloth's conflicting dispositions by removing one, but now he has too few dispositions and only 2 of those are positives. How are we supposed to raise rep with him if he has so few things he likes?

It's not fair when other companions have so many:

5QM1QqBm.jpg

jhSci5Pm.jpg

lZzOnHym.jpg

While Aloth only has 5:

U0vSp4Im.jpg

He should at least have a positive anti-Leaden Key disposition when he's anti-Leaden Key, or positive pro-Leaden Key disposition when he's pro-Leaden Key. But more positives should be added as well, maybe Skulduggery, Progressive and Resourcefulness. 

Devs, when are you going to address this? Nothing new in the last patch.

• Like 2

Duskfall sword's Drawing Cut ability is bugged, it says "Grants" but doesn't actually grant anything anymore (why is everything getting nerfed?!):

sh14oQUl.jpg

This also is still not fixed with last patch.

• Like 1

The beta patch fixed 2 Aloth's conflicting dispositions by removing one, but now he has too few dispositions and only 2 of those are positives. How are we supposed to raise rep with him if he has so few things he likes?

It's not fair when other companions have so many:

5QM1QqBm.jpg

jhSci5Pm.jpg

lZzOnHym.jpg

While Aloth only has 5:

U0vSp4Im.jpg

He should at least have a positive anti-Leaden Key disposition when he's anti-Leaden Key, or positive pro-Leaden Key disposition when he's pro-Leaden Key. But more positives should be added as well, maybe Skulduggery, Progressive and Resourcefulness.

Devs, when are you going to address this? Nothing new in the last patch.

With stewardship and dutiful still conflictiing with anti tradition imo. He wants people to obey orders real or imagined irrespective of validity unless it can be pinned on tradition? Two crappy things he likes, 3 things he doesn't like, with his interpretation of "pride" often being debatable. EH!

He should have progressive instead of anti tradition (at least if he's anti leaden key), responsible instead of dutiful and irresponsible. skulduggery/resourceful and worldy also wouldn't hurt.

• Like 2

nvAeseu.png

• Fixed some Partial hair for Maia and Eder

Uhh, right:

3ewNyR2h.jpg

FJJF1hAh.jpg

9eVPmaGh.jpg

I think all companions and the Watcher really need to be "combed" thoroughly all over again before release patch, because these bugs with protruding ears/hair and bald patches just keep piling up:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101487-patch-110-updates-thread/?p=2044851

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101487-patch-110-updates-thread/?p=2048583

None of these are fixed either.

• Like 1

I see Sacred Immolation still has obscene amount of self damage, when is it gonna be fixed? Nobody wants to use an ability that kills a paladin within seconds. 

This is still as unusable as before in the latest patch.

Edited by Aramintai

This is the kind of stuff I thought the beta was for. A glaring bug with a new feature could be addressed before release. I'm surprised the patch released with it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

This is the kind of stuff I thought the beta was for. A glaring bug with a new feature could be addressed before release. I'm surprised the patch released with it.

Guess they were hard on schedule with the patch. But'd be pissed off if the next one doesn't address these or all the other recent bug reports.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Guess they were hard on schedule with the patch. But'd be pissed off if the next one doesn't address these or all the other recent bug reports.

Well about recent..... Some of the companion bugs they didn't fix were found on next day after release

Well about recent..... Some of the companion bugs they didn't fix were found on next day after release

Yea, I'm not defending devs here, but I recall them mentioning that companions bugs likely won't be fixed in this patch, only dispositions (even though Aloth's are still not fixed properly).

• Like 1

And the patch did not fix the part in the legacy creator by not giving the choice to have Manetha keep her regrets. :( I am going to guess that applies to some of the other choices that were mentioned before as missing from the Legacy Creator?

• Like 1