Patch 1.1.0 Updates Thread

David Benefield

Question

Hello Beta Patch folk!

Version 1.1.0 is almost ready for release. The Devs have been working on this patch for quite a while, and our QA team has been doing the best they can, but we would love to get your help again in seeing if anything has snuck by them.

You can find instructions on how to opt in to the beta branch on this thread.

Due to the quantity of fixes in this patch (there are well over 1000 fixes in this update), we won't be exhaustively listing them all out. Below are all of the features and a small subset of the fixes in this patch. We'll continue adding to this list as we near the patch release.

For those who have modded the game

You may have to uninstall or update your mod when you update the game as they may not be compatible with v1.1.0

Build 1.1.0.0034 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 31 and build 34.

• Fixed some Digsite Sublevel encounters that were not playing their emerges.
  • Null check fix in NavigationPath.ClearCorners which was occasionally causing transition / load failures booting back to main menu. (Forum log)
  • Fixed some Partial hair for Maia and Eder
  • Fixed all in-game achievement icons no longer displaying in the Achievement UI or the Achievement notification
  • ‘Start and Skip Intro’ localization added
  • Added some missing Korean Localization

Build 1.1.0.0031 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 29 and build 31.

• Potential fix for very long start-up time (before the Obsidian logo was shown)
    • If you were experiencing this bug, please let us know if this is resolved for you in build 31.
  • Removed the "Show News" game option, which in turn fixes the Disabled News bug
  • Fixed issue with opening the Options in the Prologue after Character Creation resetting the player's class when arriving to their body.
  • Fix party AI not reconnecting decision trees when dismissed and recruited. 
  • Various Partial hair fixes
  • Fixed the Ability Bar subrows flickering for 1 frame when you hovered over a spell level icon.
  • Hasongo, Ashen Maw, and Ukaizo are now flagged as "Critical Path" for level scaling purposes. 
  • Fixed issue where auto-granted abilities weren't added back when retraining.

Build 1.1.0.0029 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 23 and build 29.

• Companions now support Partial hair.
  • Mirke now has eyecolor
  • Dead body loot containers no longer display as unlooted after save / load or area transition.
  • Removed AnimationControllerPlayer leak that was likely causing the game to run slow after 4+ hours of play. 
  • Fixing HD Weapon textures not loading in paper doll.
  • All encounter changes for PotD are now in.
  • Correction! Maia will no longer leave the party right after entering The Brass Citadel, but will do so when the player approaches the Powderhouse.

• Ship combat balance and combatant count updates:
    • Made Closing to Board less punishing for players by lowering the base damage values for hull, sail, and crew damage.
    • Increased damage for ramming ships (both to the rammer and rammee).
    • Reduced the accuracy given per rank of cannoneer.
    • Reduced Ship health by ~20%.
    • Added opponent deck defender count to ship duel UI.
    • Globally Updated ship combats to have a 1:1 ratio of combatants to crew. Enemy Ship Defenders are now shown separately.

Build 1.1.0.0023 Updates

Please note that this is just a fraction of the changes made, we'll be updating this post to be more inclusive of all the changes soon.

New Features & Updates
  • Intro Skip Added
    • There is now a Start & Skip Intro button that brings the player directly to the second level of the game.
    • This feature becomes available after you have played through the intro once, or loaded a save (after getting the update).
  • Veteran & PotD Balance Improvements (Still in Progress!!)
    • Armor and Penetration now scale up on PotD.
    • Many encounters have had units swapped out for tougher versions.
    • Some encounters have had units added or set to ambush the party during the encounter.
    • In Progress: Build 23 does not yet contain our updates to the following areas, these should be in our next update to the beta
      • Hanging Sepulchers
      • Hasongo
      • Cliffside Temple
      • Drowned Barrows
      • The Ashen Bridge
      • The Jagged Keep
      • Lair of the Ancient
      • Poko Kahara
  • AI support and updates:
    • All Conditionals have now been categorized in the Custom AI menu
    • The AI Toggle button on the ability bar now supports cycling through: Attacking while using Abilities, Attacking while not using Abilities, and Not using AI
    • The following actions can now be conditionalized in Custom AI: Using Consumable quick slot items, Activating Modals, Switching Weapon Sets, and Basic Weapon Attacking
  • Ship Resupply
    • A  new "Refill Ship Supplies" button can now be used to conveniently purchase ship supplies from any storefront that sells Medical Supplies, Cannon Shot, and Repair Supplies
  • World Map Legend Added
    • A new Map Legend has been added that allows all icons on the World Map to be filtered by category
  • Character Appearance Improvements
    • Character Appearance can now be changed in-game via the Appearance button on the Inventory screen (Player and adventurers only)
    • Character Hairstyles are now rendered naturally with some Hats (Player and Adventurer only for now, companions coming before we launch the patch)
    • Eye Color customization has been added.
  • Graphics options expanded
    • New Toggles have been added to the Graphics menu to enable/disable certain visual features.
  • News Feed Updated
    • The News Feed on the Main Menu has been revamped to include links to the latest articles, DLC, and social media

Major Issues

• Leveling up characters with bonus weapon sets no longer causes a black screen
  • Resolved an issue that blocked users with certain permissions from loading saves.
  • Creating a multiclass character with spells and non-spell abilities no longer blocks character creation.
  • Many edge case crashes (reported by users) have also been resolved.

General Issues

• Retraining a character (Respec) will no longer remove learned talents & abilities such as watcher abilities nor purchased skill bonuses
  • Ships on the world map no longer move while time is stopped (If the player's vessel is not moving)
  • Watcher's can no longer purchase more supplies than their ship can hold
  • Eder & Xoti no longer repeat the same banter over and over.
  • And many many others! (We will continue to add the most prevalent ones to this list)
Quest Issues (Potential Spoilers!)
  • Sealed Fate now fails if Degnos dies before the quest is completed.

Edited by David Benefield
Updating spoiler that said the bug instead of the fix.
  • Like 34

Did they remove the AoE? If not, then there's your answer.

BotEP is strictly better now and it costs half to forge.

Until they read this post. Then BotEP will also be nerfed into boring uselessness.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Did they remove the AoE? If not, then there's your answer.

BotEP is strictly better now and it costs half to forge.

Until they read this post. Then BotEP will also be nerfed into boring uselessness.

So AoE dont work now? Cause even if it still work - halved damage kinda kills it, but if AoE is gone it just completely useless waste of money

Edited by Dopsim

AoE is still in, that I know of.

But with that puny damage, I'd still pick BotEP over it any time.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

AoE is still in, that I know of.

But with that puny damage, I'd still pick BotEP over it any time.

Ye half damage for rarely used AoE for a hard hitting character... Cause who else will use 2 handed sword.... Pointless 

Edited by Dopsim

is the difficulty skulls not being visible while level scaling is enabled fixed with this patch?

or is that an intended feature?

It is sort of intended feature as difficulty skulls werent build to recognize if an area got scaled or not. However, being able to see areas which are above your level when playing with “scaling up only” would be very welcome.
  • Like 1

On Aloth, not only does he have way too few things on offer, pro duty imo conflicts with pro automomy and anti tradition. He could be progressive, worldly, possibly resourceful/skulduggery (he seems to like dressing up as Arkemyr, not to mention his own antics). Irresponsible and Dutiful could be scrapped and replaced with "Responsible". He doesn't need to judge people for being irresponsible since it's often a bit silly esp. as he doesn't react negatively to slavery/racism/abject poverty etc. He's an intelligent, well read, educated, well -travelled guy who's experienced a lot, so I feel there's more to him than the game is providing.

I have to agree. 

I'd also add that it looks like it's very easy to gain his disapproval now. I'd had him in my party approximately ten minutes and had one conversation with him when his approval was already at -1 and he voiced his concerns about how I'm being way too traditional-minded. I'm assuming that's not supposed to happen.

He's always been easy to lose approval with, if it's worse now Idk what to say as I thought it couldn't get worse lol. Unless you make a character that reacts in a very specifc way in convos, you'll be somewhere between -2 and +1. People were hoping the update would make it easier to gain his friendship. AFAIK, you get the traditional spiel as soon as you hit -1, irrespective of whether your Watcher actually is acting tradtional (which they usually aren't).  There's one scene in Neketaka where you instantly lose 1 approval with him if you have a laugh with Tekehu. It's not an important convo, so him overreacting like that is pretty silly imo.

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

General Issues

• Ships on the world map no longer move while time is stopped (If the player's vessel is not moving)

Why was this added? Other ships shouldn't stop sailing just because I do. If I need a "time out" I should be pausing the game, no?

• Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

General Issues

Why was this added? Other ships shouldn't stop sailing just because I do. If I need a "time out" I should be pausing the game, no?

Probably so that other ships won't attack you while you take your time out.

• Like 3

Well the faster load of the game itself is gone. I am hoping it is because beta. It took 1'50" to get to the Obsidian logo screen, then another 30 seconds to start playing. Loading saves, other areas/maps, and saving games is still as fast as it was. This is just launching the game. Even my computer thinks the game sin't responding it takes so long to launch.

I hope this is temporary. Two and a half minutes is half a pot of drip coffee... searing one side of a steak... over easy eggs for goodness sake!

I'm not sure what it means that I think of time in terms of food.

Joe

Well the faster load of the game itself is gone. I am hoping it is because beta. It took 1'50" to get to the Obsidian logo screen, then another 30 seconds to start playing. Loading saves, other areas/maps, and saving games is still as fast as it was. This is just launching the game. Even my computer thinks the game sin't responding it takes so long to launch.

I hope this is temporary. Two and a half minutes is half a pot of drip coffee... searing one side of a steak... over easy eggs for goodness sake!

I'm not sure what it means that I think of time in terms of food.

Joe

Good job you didn't use sex as a reference.

• Like 1

Adding a blurb about the mysterious 'In progress' part of PotD, here's what's still in progress:

In Progress: Build 23 does not yet contain our updates to the following areas, these should be in our next update to the beta

• Hanging Sepulchers

• Hasongo

• Cliffside Temple

• Drowned Barrows

• The Ashen Bridge

• The Jagged Keep

• Lair of the Ancient

• Poko Kahara

cool thanks for this.

Are you going to have the whole game (every area) updated for POTD by the time the patch is released?

Edited by antman45454

Vela is still showing up in Vilario's Rest in the latest patch, despite the PoE 1 gamestate i'm importing clearly has her dead. It's also worth noting that the game on release had this working fine, but both subsequent patches have failed in this regard.

Definitely an improvement on difficulty by adding mobs and making the pulling of 1 mob at a time almost not possible anymore.

With that said...you might want to double the amount of mobs to make the game challenging, I'm soloing quite easily with pld/monk on POTD :/.

I had to revert back to the last official patch because the game wouldn't even start with the beta patch. Just the windows "loading" mouse cursor after clicking on the icon followed by a message that the program is not responding.

On Aloth, not only does he have way too few things on offer, pro duty imo conflicts with pro automomy and anti tradition. He could be progressive, worldly, possibly resourceful/skulduggery (he seems to like dressing up as Arkemyr, not to mention his own antics). Irresponsible and Dutiful could be scrapped and replaced with "Responsible". He doesn't need to judge people for being irresponsible since it's often a bit silly esp. as he doesn't react negatively to slavery/racism/abject poverty etc. He's an intelligent, well read, educated, well -travelled guy who's experienced a lot, so I feel there's more to him than the game is providing.

I have to agree. 

I'd also add that it looks like it's very easy to gain his disapproval now. I'd had him in my party approximately ten minutes and had one conversation with him when his approval was already at -1 and he voiced his concerns about how I'm being way too traditional-minded. I'm assuming that's not supposed to happen.

He's always been easy to lose approval with, if it's worse now Idk what to say as I thought it couldn't get worse lol. Unless you make a character that reacts in a very specifc way in convos, you'll be somewhere between -2 and +1. People were hoping the update would make it easier to gain his friendship. AFAIK, you get the traditional spiel as soon as you hit -1, irrespective of whether your Watcher actually is acting tradtional (which they usually aren't).  There's one scene in Neketaka where you instantly lose 1 approval with him if you have a laugh with Tekehu. It's not an important convo, so him overreacting like that is pretty silly imo.

Hah, looks like the patch made it worse for me then because I didn't have that problem before. It was a bit difficult to gain his approval, so I figured it was due to the conflicting dispositions bug, but at least he didn't immediately voice his concerns about me going down a troubling path the second I said something he didn't like.

Some helms (e.g. Acorn Helm or Helm of the Falcon) still leave the Watcher bald even though certain hair styles would certainly show.

the nerf to whispers of the endless path seems stupid...makes the sword pointless

"iroll20s" if you can't handle OP toys being taken away from you.

op? lol whispers is the only 2h weapon that can barely keep up with dual wielding...but just barely.... after that change there is absolutly no point to choose 2h over dualwielding - dw is SO much better

since it does this low damagen and regarding how penetration works you will have to reliable hit 3 targets to make it somewhat equal to other weapons which is just hardly feasible

Edited by Nemesis7884

General Issues

Probably so that other ships won't attack you while you take your time out.

That's still the pause button though. "Game Paused" still works on the world map.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."