[AI] Blinding Strike being Spammed; What am I doing wrong?

iAmburn

Question

Action: Blinding Strike

Conditions

1) Target: Has [NOT] Affliction - Perception
2) Self: Has Summoned Weapon (to make sure my weapon is on/prioritized before this)

3) Target: In Melee Range

4) Self: Has Inspiration (Again, to make sure my buff is on/prioritized before this) 

Despite this, my character uses Blinding Strike back to back. Conditions 2-4 are basically always true, but Condition 1 should stop Blinding Strike from being used again if I have "Target: Has [NOT] Affliction - Perception"

In short, I just want my character to use Blinding Strike every time my Target is no longer Blinded, with the exception if my buff/weapon happens to have run out., in which case it would ignore blinding strike until they are back up.

Notes that might help....

1) I have already checked to make sure my target was in fact Blinded via it status window

2) I have my Action Set Cooldown set to Zero because I want these conditions to always be checked, and to use Blinding Strike every time these conditions are true. Does Action Set cooldown just ignore the conditions?

3) I am using a Summoned Weapon that hits in an AOE. I thought maybe this was because some enemies in the AOE are blinded, and some are not. But this happens with 1 target as well

Help! Thank you.

4 answers to this question

I *think* the problem is that conditions are only checked the first time, then only the cool down is taken into account. We need Roby Atadero’s magic on this one to ensure conditions are checked every time :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

as a sidenote, once the bugs are mostly ironed out with the automated action system... it is so complicated (not a complaint) that there really should be a video tutorial on how to design the proper command structure to get your character to do what you want them to.

again, the options are hugely detailed, which is nice, but the learning curve on using them is wayyyy too steep.

should be a video tutorial, with several completely different examples from ranged attackers, to priests, to wizards, to melee.

I spent an hour trying to figure it out and finally just ended up turning it off completely and going back to full micromanagement.