Missing out on two Huana quests (Shadow under Neketaka and Fruitful Alliance)

Soki

Question

I'm unable to receive the following two quests: "Shadow under Neketaka" and "Fruitful Alliance".

From what I've read I'm supposed to receive "Shadow under Neketaka" from Onekaza after I've been to Hasongo. I did receive the letter to report to her after that, but after doing some other quests first I ended up close to Magran's Teeth, and decided to progress the main quest a bit further first. The game told me in multiple ways that there was urgency behind this quest (Eothas himself tells me I should hurry and my character can tell multiple people that she needs to go to Magran's Teeth asap) so I assumed that doing this quest first wouldn't hurt. But after doing this, the quest that told me to report to Onekaza marked itself as completed, simply saying I have reported about Hasongo (which I did not). Talking to the queen only has her talking about going to Ukaizo, I don't have any other convo options.

EDIT: After talking to Onekaza about wanting to side with the Huana to get to Ukaizo, I did still get the "Shadow under Neketaka" quest. Apologies, I assumed that dialogue would take me to the endgame, so I was afraid to trigger it earlier and simply thought I wouldn't be able to get this quest anymore.

As for "Fruitful Alliance", there's three bugs concerning this.

1) If you go to the Wahaki tribe before receiving the quest from Onekaza, the Wahaki leader speaks to you as if you did receive it. She speaks of an alliance with the queen and that you have to earn their trust first or something. Which confused me terribly cause I hadn't received the quest yet so I had no idea what she was on about. I went to Crookspur after Furrante told me to and denied the slaver's request to kill the Wahaki leaders. However, he gave me the location to the Wahaki tribe anyway so I decided to go there to see if I could tell them about the slaver's wanting them killed and see what happens. The tribe told me to kill the slavers and since I didn't have a problem with that I did that and they were happy. Did confuse me that nothing else came from that haha

2) From what I've read, when you go to kill the slaver leader you're supposed to be able confront him to initiate a fight. However, I could only talk to him about killing the Wahaki leaders, there was no 'I'm gonna kill you' option (which I did have when speaking to the Wahaki leader) so eventually I just had to stab him to initiate a fight, which was a bit awkward :p

3) I'm unable to receive the "Fruitful Alliance" quest from Onekaza. From what I've read you're supposed to receive this after completing her brother's request to find a way to Ukaizo. I did this (after already having killed the slavers and also after having done Magran's Teeth), but again can't talk to the queen about anything else than going with her to Ukaizo.

So yeah I'm kinda sad about not being able to complete the whole Huana quest, and since I decided to read up on Shadow Under Neketaka instead it seems I'm missing out on an awesome quest too which shows the Huana in a new light. So if this could be fixed for future playthroughs that would be greatly appreciated.

PS: it also isn't quite clear that Onekaza is sitting on the rooftop. When you first meet her she's sitting on the throne in the throne room so I assumed I would always be able to find her there. She does leave the throne room after the first meeting but I still assumed she would be back later. When I got the letter to report to her about Hasongo I went to the throne room but couldn't find her, so thought I had to do her brother's quest first or something before she appears (so went to do other quests and Magran's Teeth first). It isn't until you complete her brother's quest that he tells you that she's on the rooftop, and the way he says it kinda indicated that you aren't supposed to meet her there before completing his quest. So maybe that's something to look at too? I did see multiple other people on the internet having trouble finding her since they also assume she's supposed to be on the throne. Also, I did visit the rooftop once but it was before Onekaza went there so I just thought it was another one of those rooftops that just exists for a nice view, had no reason to visit it again.

Edited by Soki

8 answers to this question

It's advisable to complete almost all of the available quests (except Xoti's personal quest - she spoils the main plot) before going to Ashen Maw, because it leads to all sorts of problems. Whether that's by design or just a series of bugs is still unknown.

It's advisable to complete almost all of the available quests (except Xoti's personal quest - she spoils the main plot) before going to Ashen Maw, because it leads to all sorts of problems. Whether that's by design or just a series of bugs is still unknown.

Yeah I've figured that now, would've been nice to have known before going to Ashen Maw ^^; I mean I'm being told in-game I should go to Margan's Teeth asap but at the same time it seems I should first complete most other quests, so that seems very contradictory. I know games often don't really mean it when they tell you to hurry, but with Eder's quest the game is serious about having to hurry, so some clarity on these kinda things would sure be appreciated.

Well my apologies, now I feel stupid haha. Since I've done pretty much all side quests I can do for now, I've decided to proceed with the main quest and spoke with Onekaza cause I wanted to side with the Huana to go to Ukaizo.

The dialogue that tells her this actually triggered the "Shadow under Neketaka" quest so I did still get that! I'm sorry, I assumed that clicking that dialogue would take me to the endgame so I avoided that until I did everything else. I thought those two quests were supposed to happen before that so assumed there was no way I'd be able to get them anymore ^^;

So that's 'problem' 1 solved already, I'll see if I can still get the Fruitful Alliance quest too after finishing this. There's still points 1 and 2 I've mentioned of that quest though so this thread wasn't all for nothing? :-

Update: I went and did "Shadow under Neketaka" and after that blew up the RDC powder house for Onekaza. She now tells me that we can go to Ukaizo as soon as they've allied with the Wahaki. So she's assuming I got the Fruitful Alliance quest, which I still never got.

Went back to the Wahaki tribe to see if anything changed. When asking the leader again why they're so on edge, I can tell her again that I killed the slavers. She's first happy but then angry cause the RDC is now on Crookspur and somehow she seems to blame me for it. When looking through my finished quests I now find a quest named "Clearing Out Crookspur" in which the RDC asks me to get rid of the slavers. I'm pretty sure I've never even received this quest, is this why the wahaki leader is angry at me and is this another bug maybe?

Anyway, no matter what dialogue option I pick after that, she refuses to talk with me further. Onekaza doesn't acknowledge a failed alliance, still tells me to go make an alliance with the Wahaki tribe. So now I'm just stuck and unable to ally with the Huana :(

I've heard more people with this problem and that killing the Wahaki leader would solve this but I'd really rather not :(

Greetings,

And thank you for bringing this issue to our attention :) We'll add this to our date-base for our Developers to investigate further.

Cheers.

Just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the Beta Patch this morning and it fixes my problem of not being able to ally with the Huana! Talking to Onekaza now makes her acknowledge that I failed to ally with the Wahaki but will still support me on my way to Ukaizo, so I can continue the game now. The Fruitful Alliance quest is now in my journal as a finished quest too. Thanks a lot for making a Beta Patch available!

Edited by Soki

I can't even find Onekaza to receive "Shadow under Neketaka" and "Fruitful Alliance".

When I speak to Aruihi, he tells me that from now on, I should talk to Onekaza. But Onekaza is not in the throne room anymore. So I don't know where she is.

She's on the rooftop of the pallace (take the stairs up from the throne room floor). I agree she isn't easy to find, it took me a while until I found out about it too ^^;

Edited by Soki