Active Skills For a Fighter/Druggie Monk?

I was wondering what a good set of active skills would be for a combination Fighter/DrugMonk. I was originally going to default to Athletics/Alchemy, but raw data seems to suggest that Sleight of Hand shows up in a lot of Watcher only checks.

So Alchemy/Sleight of Hand? Or is there enough Alchemy boosting equipment that I don't need to worry about pumping it up too high? 

I go all in on alchemy when I use a drug monk, with Berath's skill blessing.  A helwalker would have 10 might from wounds, a drug monk should have 10 might/con/dex from drugs.

There are no watcher only checks that are a big deal to fail imo, so personally I just work with skills that fit the character.

Edited by Climhazzard

I go all in on alchemy when I use a drug monk, with Berath's skill blessing.  A helwalker would have 10 might from wounds, a drug monk should have 10 might/con/dex from drugs.

There are no watcher only checks that are a big deal to fail imo, so personally I just work with skills that fit the character.

Is that a blessing they give you for releasing the souls to the Wheel or do you get it at some point in Deadfire?

Is that a blessing they give you for releasing the souls to the Wheel or do you get it at some point in Deadfire?

When you start a new game you can spend Berath's Blessing's points on various upgrades like "start at level 4" etc.  I nearly always take the one that adds +2 to skills so that it's easier to make conversation checks without gimping your character by leveling up skills you wouldn't otherwise use or that don't fit your character concept.  It only buffs skills your class starts with though, so if you have 1 athletics from the monk class you would actually have 3 athletics in game from Berath's blessing.

When you start a new game you can spend Berath's Blessing's points on various upgrades like "start at level 4" etc.  I nearly always take the one that adds +2 to skills so that it's easier to make conversation checks without gimping your character by leveling up skills you wouldn't otherwise use or that don't fit your character concept.  It only buffs skills your class starts with though, so if you have 1 athletics from the monk class you would actually have 3 athletics in game from Berath's blessing.

Oh, okay! That's... honestly pretty reasonable. I was leery about taking that because I was worried it'd count for every skill point invested, but if it's just starting class skills, that's fine.