I have a sneaking suspicion, given all the content on his -1/-2 branch and the big deal they made in marketing about him not being the same meek guy anymore, that they want Aloth to be this difficult to please, and it's not a bug at all. We shall see...

He still dies though in the epilogue if you don't do his quest...

So idk if not meek means just being an ass

WAT????

Lacking a watcher to read the Wahaki leader's soul, all he can find out is that Thaos clearly influenced the tribe, but fails to find out how or why before the Wahaki grow too suspicious of him and his sighs.

Unfortunately, it turns out he can't turn away Wahaki spears with his sighs, which probably gave him quite a pained look.

IIRC he dies this same way during the game if you refuse to let him join you

• Like 1

I have a sneaking suspicion, given all the content on his -1/-2 branch and the big deal they made in marketing about him not being the same meek guy anymore, that they want Aloth to be this difficult to please, and it's not a bug at all. We shall see...

Yep, I've suspected for a while he's supposed to be like that. Doesn't stop me sighing through my nose about it xD

*CENIC gives you a pained look.

*Noctoi Sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose...

• Like 2

EH! Why are they helbent on killing Aloth?

Its Aloth, living among a proud tribe of highly traditional natives connected to the leaden key. It's a miracle he spent over an hour there without lecturing them about being too traditional, though that could explain why he got killed.

Could become quite a running joke for the franchise though: "how will we save Aloth from certain death this game?" We could get an entire DLC finding out why the universe wants him dead!

• Like 4

Aloth was supposed to die in a freak training accident back in Aedyr, but somehow he managed to escape and Berath's been after him ever since...

PoE 3 will just basically be Life is Strange but in Eora

Edited by marimo
  • Like 2

I swear that Aloth was eyerolling over things NPCs were saying, not me. Like I would ask a question, the NPC would answer, and I'd get a nose sigh out of it if the NPC was too snarky in replying. Not companions, regular NPCs- so it could only be directed at me, right?

Diva.

Edited by Celan

I swear that Aloth was eyerolling over things NPCs were saying, not me. Like I would ask a question, the NPC would answer, and I'd get a nose sigh out of it if the NPC was too snarky in replying. Not companions, regular NPCs- so it could only be directed at me, right?

Diva.

Certain options, like asking "why do you need a Watcher to do this" were treated by him as showing Pride. Technically they are innocent and you may pick them without thinking that you are too good for this job. It makes sense and at the same time it doesn't. You do lose rep that way though. Other times when there were random occurrences which made zero sense, I checked with console, and they didn't affect his disposition. So even though he sighs, rolls his eyes, massages his temples or whatever else, the disposition stays the same.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Some things that do change his opinion aren't showing up, some things that don't change his opinion do show up.

I think he's secretly a priest of Wael. Or a Wael godlike, who, it turns out, look exactly like normal people so they can cause maximum confusion.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 4

I cheated up his disposition up to 2 on my Bleak Walker/Corpse Eater (garbage kit by the way, don't take it for other than RP purposes) just to see how fast Corpsey's disgusting cruel ways will make him to drop to -2. 

...what do you know, he reaps so much approval my goody two shoes diplo/benevolent previous character never even dared to dream about.  :shrugz: Eder, on the other hand, is unhappy -- crack jokes all you want, but threaten to sew boots out of one wolf...

• Like 2

I think he's secretly a priest of Wael. Or a Wael godlike, who, it turns out, look exactly like normal people so they can cause maximum confusion.

That would explain why his -1 speech bugged out on my priest of Wael run. He just doesn't like competition. :ninja:

• Like 1

I cheated up his disposition up to 2 on my Bleak Walker/Corpse Eater (garbage kit by the way, don't take it for other than RP purposes) just to see how fast Corpsey's disgusting cruel ways will make him to drop to -2. 

...what do you know, he reaps so much approval my goody two shoes diplo/benevolent previous character never even dared to dream about.  :shrugz: Eder, on the other hand, is unhappy -- crack jokes all you want, but threaten to sew boots out of one wolf...

Awww that conversation! I SO wished I could snap back! I mean really... would he prefer I threaten the puppy and ultimately leave it alive thanks to my slightly distasteful but effective subterfuge... or that I simply kill it with a tonking great fireball along with its master???  :getlost:  :blink:  :facepalm:

Edited by Noctoi
  • Like 1

Soo, what conversation are you on about? I don't recall thereatening anyone's wolf xD

Like wRAR mentioned, it's in the shipwright quest, down the alley way near queens berth. The thug threatens you with sicking his wolf on your party. They were significantly higher level than me when I met them so I "bluffed" with a threat to make boots out of his wolf if he tried it. 

Eder about had a stroke and went from +2 to neutral in one dialogue option lol. 

Tosser  :getlost:

I really wanted to like him, I really truly tried.... but alas bigoted self centered idiocy eventually overcame my watcher's ability to ignore the insult to his friends and personal safety.   ;(

Edited by Noctoi
  • Like 1

Soo, what conversation are you on about? I don't recall thereatening anyone's wolf xD

Like wRAR mentioned, it's in the shipwright quest, down the alley way near queens berth. The thug threatens you with sicking his wolf on your party. They were significantly higher level than me when I met them so I "bluffed" with a threat to make boots out of his wolf if he tried it. 

I really wanted to like him, I really truly tried.... but alas bigoted self centered idiocy eventually overcame my watcher's ability to ignore the insult to his friends and personal safety.   ;(

Oh, I just always do what Serafen says xD

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

Technically you don't have to, you can just go to the shipwright and pay for the cannons yourself completely subverting the Principi. The shipwright likes you more and you get a higher discount too I think, 10% vs 5% if you coerce him to work with pirates.

You can also threaten the wolf with your own animal companion (wolf in my case), basically saying my wolf will wipe the floor with yours. Its immensely gratifying, but Eder still disapproves like crazy.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Which is?