Pallegina doesn't have pro progressive, she has pro animancy. Basically the dispositions are a total mess. The same things have different names for different people and too many of them are / aren't mutually exclusive enough to really make sense. Also, Aloth likes the animancers he's with at the beginning and even seems to have a crush on one of them.

• Like 2

nvAeseu.png

Also, Aloth likes the animancers he's with at the beginning and even seems to have a crush on one of them.

Right, but if you have him and Pallegina in party, they tend to argue about animancy. His anti-LK self eventually says that he fears that animancy will just lead to kith trading one form of soul slavery for another. Somewhat inconsistent dude, that Aloth.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

Also, Aloth likes the animancers he's with at the beginning and even seems to have a crush on one of them.

Right, but if you have him and Pallegina in party, they tend to argue about animancy. His anti-LK self eventually says that he fears that animancy will just lead to kith trading one form of soul slavery for another. Somewhat inconsistent dude, that Aloth.

His history with animancy is complicated, I wouldn't say he's totally against it (he definitely liked that luminous bathhouse a lot), but he's afraid it may do more harm than good. So I don't think he should have any animancy related dispositions.

• Like 3

I know he's meant to be anti animancy, I just meant he's not actually that strict about it according to the story, and that the dispositions they used wouldn't automatically make that stance equate anti progressive. They made Aloth come across as super uptight and inflexible, when his behaviour / history suggest he's not really like that. He can hang out with animancers and even miss them, I seem to recall him - in Pallegina's quest - suggesting the research should be available to all (I might be wrong).

• Like 5

nvAeseu.png

I think his wariness of animancy also comes from the incident in his short story. Not only had he witnessed the dangers of animancy with his own eyes, he was obviously feeling guilty because of what happened there. 

• Like 2

suggesting the research should be available to all (I might be wrong).

Yea, I seem to recall something like that. He doesn't want animancy in the wrong hands who can do harm to people, like Thaos did, for example. So better for it to be available to all? 

• Like 1

I recall Autonomy coming up a couple of times when I told Tekehu that he shouldn't care this much about opinions of others or something like that, and Aloth was in the party. Don't think I saw a single Stewardship reaction. 

• Like 2

I remember Aloth gaining points from Autonomy at least twice during RDC questline. He reacted to some of the "leave the Huana alone" lines you can pick there.

Oh, ok, not completely useless then.

I didn't dare touch his import states, but I added resourcefulness and skulduggery. Will it work? Heck if I know, but I'll put the modified file up on my mod page if anyone wants to try it out.

Autonomy and Stwerdship are mutually exclusive depending on where he stands with the Leaden Key. Devs fixed that in the last beta patch. Otherwise it looks better than what we have now, sure. Devs can probably work with import states and add positive Skulduggery for pro-Leaden Key Aloth and Progressive for anti-Leaden Key Aloth.

Btw, did you test how adding extra dispositions work in the game? Do they actually fire for Aloth?

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

I recall Autonomy coming up a couple of times when I told Tekehu that he shouldn't care this much about opinions of others or something like that, and Aloth was in the party. Don't think I saw a single Stewardship reaction. 

There's a handful of stewardship options but it's like literally a handful.

• Like 2

Btw, did you test how adding extra dispositions work in the game? Do they actually fire for Aloth?

I haven't tested it yet - I'd have to find a conversation where one or t'other of those topic flags comes up and check his approval before and after, but I don't know of any such conversation off the top of my head.

• Like 1

I haven't tested it yet - I'd have to find a conversation where one or t'other of those topic flags comes up and check his approval before and after, but I don't know of any such conversation off the top of my head.

If you move the cups of the guy upstairs in The Hole, it triggers resourceful. That's the only one I can remember off the top of my head. Also that looks way batter than what the game has given us.

• Like 2

nvAeseu.png

And I just checked leaden Key Aloth. He also has 2 things he likes and 3 things he hates.

Come on devs that's no beuno. Give him something else as a positive rep. (Not sure why they made hims no fun allowed because he really wasn't in POE1)

How is this?

51-1527956450-220165169.png

I didn't dare touch his import states, but I added resourcefulness and skulduggery. Will it work? Heck if I know, but I'll put the modified file up on my mod page if anyone wants to try it out.

He really should like skullduggery especially if he's Leaden Key. Not sure why that wasn't included.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 2

More reasons to play game like it's supposed to be, as Storm of Zehir, with your party of best adventurers.

Why please anyone, especially if they're bland and dumb anyway? If you're not getting feeling of camaraderie in your party, and in PoE2 you don't because characters do not create groups with similar alignments and interests, because they're underdeveloped and there is simply not enough of them to create all adventure groups we usually see in fantasy; then hirelings/mercs it is.

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 1

If you move the cups of the guy upstairs in The Hole, it triggers resourceful. That's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Thanks! I tried it out (I was right there in my current game) and it triggered correctly, got the "Aloth is pleased" bit and a rep gain. Cool.

• Like 5

If you move the cups of the guy upstairs in The Hole, it triggers resourceful. That's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Thanks! I tried it out (I was right there in my current game) and it triggered correctly, got the "Aloth is pleased" bit and a rep gain. Cool.

WOOT!

nvAeseu.png

Well, if it works it means it's not very difficult for devs to add extra dispositions either. Hopefully they will.

• Like 2