[Bug] [Quest] - A Shrewd Proposition & Honor Among Thieves

Insolentius

Question

I received A Shrewd Proposition before going to Ashen Maw, but didn't complete the quest then. After Ashen Maw, I received Honor Among Thieves and completed it by killing Aeldys. Once I handed the quest in, A Shrewd Proposition disappeared from my quest log and there was no option to discuss it with Furrante.

3 answers to this question

I did some testing - it seems that Aeldys is more important when dealing with A Shrewd Proposition than Furrante. Killing Furrante doesn't end the quest, while killing Aeldys leads to an auto-failure. The quest shouldn't fail if one of 'em remains alive, and it especially doesn't make sense for the quest to end with Aeldys' death (and not Furrante's) since he's the one that gives you the quest in the first place (with her involvement being optional).

I'm in the same position as Insolentius - I failed A Shrewd Proposition after hanging Aeldys and siding with Furrante, which makes no sense.

Furthermore, I now can't seem to complete the VTC quest Of Like Minds, who's success is tied to helping Furrante with the slavers.

Let me know if you need a save file showing this.