My current save is based on probably the worst scenario, the one with Watcher who lied the gods and broke promises about fate of the souls.

Hylea

Occurs during first scene with gods on the journey from Port Maje to Neketaka.

Hylea  sent birds to **** on my ship which gave me "guano" sails and hull with crap all over them. It's funny and it can be switched for any sails/hull upgrades.

Berath

Occurs after entering the Sacred Stairs district in Neketaka.

Berath cast curse on the Watcher which lowers all attributes by 1 until the Watcher bring 75 souls to the Wheel (75 kills done by the Watcher so player's character have to deal finish blow).

Rymrgrand

Occurs during conversation with Rymrgrand in Realm of the Beast of Winter.

Rymrgrand summoned memories of all Watcher's past lifes and leave the Watcher with heavy burden. It lowers Might and Resolve by 2. Right now it seems to be permanent. Rest didn't remove it.

Work in progress.

• Like 16

giphy.gif

I had Rymrgands Curse which sucked because my character was trying to max Might AND Resolve, ugh. I didn't even know where it came from or why it went away, but it did eventually go away (although I don't know when or why for that either!)

Very underdeveloped if you ask me

Anybody knows anything about the other gods punishments?

I heard that Galawain buffs some of the bosses to make their fights tougher for you. I believe everyone else is covered in the opening post? Not sure if promises to Wael and Skaen/Woedica even count since Wael, at least, doesn't give you any stat bonus.

• Like 2

I heard that Galawain buffs some of the bosses to make their fights tougher for you. I believe everyone else is covered in the opening post? Not sure if promises to Wael and Skaen/Woedica even count since Wael, at least, doesn't give you any stat bonus.

Yeah pledging to them means either not having pledged to another god beforehand, or breaking that pledge.

nvAeseu.png

I heard that Galawain buffs some of the bosses to make their fights tougher for you. I believe everyone else is covered in the opening post? Not sure if promises to Wael and Skaen/Woedica even count since Wael, at least, doesn't give you any stat bonus.
Wael's boon gives you a +1 Intellect bonus in PoE1, it's just that you don't get it til the very VERY end of the game. And I think it was added in a later patch. Haven't carried that playthrough over to Deadfire yet though so not sure if there are any effects carried over, but I doubt it

Edit: did I dream this? Lol I'm not able to find anything about it on the wiki

Edited by fortuntek
  • Like 1

I heard that Galawain buffs some of the bosses to make their fights tougher for you. I believe everyone else is covered in the opening post? Not sure if promises to Wael and Skaen/Woedica even count since Wael, at least, doesn't give you any stat bonus.
Wael's boon gives you a +1 Intellect bonus in PoE1, it's just that you don't get it til the very VERY end of the game. And I think it was added in a later patch. Haven't carried that playthrough over to Deadfire yet though so not sure if there are any effects carried over, but I doubt it

I did one POE playthrough trying to get said boon, but nothing happened. You didn't dream it, I think it might just not have worked.

nvAeseu.png

Does that even count as a punishment? Given Galawain's whole worldview, that almost sounds like something he'd do for someone he liked.

Wael's boon was planned, IIRC, and I think it's in the code, but you don't actually get it.

I could swear Skaen actually grants a boon, though, which is just the world's dumbest thing since you are actually done with the game when you get it.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Skaen gives you +1 DEX, if memory serves. Indeed, by that time the game is quite literally over.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I did one POE playthrough trying to get said boon, but nothing happened. You didn't dream it, I think it might just not have worked.
Wow, talk about an anticlimactic few-dozen hours

Yeah I think I was confusing Wael's with Skaen's Boon which you get at the very end. And now that I think of it, there was Deadfire reactivity- the island of Skaenites where you get the Effigy of Skaen. They just thanked for me for being all cool with Skaen and such. And then I attacked them anyways. :p Which was actually rather satisfying because the dude just chuckled and was NOT surprised

Edited by fortuntek
  • Like 1

Skaen gives you +1 DEX, if memory serves. Indeed, by that time the game is quite literally over.

maybe the +1 Dex makes the ending slides move faster Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 12

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I did disperse the souls as Wael asks and by doing it I broke all promises I gave to gods.

I think only Galawain left. If he boosts bosses does it means that Guardian of Ukaizo will survive single Minoletta's Missile Salvo?

I wonder if Wael will reward me for dispersing the souls. I would like to play Wael's godlike and have unique dialog like "I'm watcher, I have my eyes on you. All dozen".

• Like 1

giphy.gif

If you don't hide Wael's scroll in PoE but return it instead, he will be quite pissed during a later conversation in Deadfire, taking ALL your scrolls away. I literally lost roughly a hundred scrolls that I planned on selling "next time Im in town".

• Like 7

If you don't hide Wael's scroll in PoE but return it instead, he will be quite pissed during a later conversation in Deadfire, taking ALL your scrolls away. I literally lost roughly a hundred scrolls that I planned on selling "next time Im in town".

Yes, I remember that from my previous playthrough.

giphy.gif

I am trying to get those curses, most of them if possible. Galawain looks the best, but do you get the an acknowledgement of this in the beginning? I created a POE1 save stats where I pledged to all the gods and disintegrated the souls.

But I only get in the beginning from Berath:

"You have made similar vows to Ryrmgand, Helya and Galawain"

No mention of the other gods.

If you leave Galawains machine intact, at the Coral growth island you get a 'boon'; you will get a message later on if you decide to attack the dragon in the Lava land, referencing it... didn't check to see what actual bonus' it provided though.

You didn't dreamed dear fellow. It actually was in game for some times. To activate it you should have hid the scroll, so in sun in shadow a little wael avatar appears to you. You could make a promise to him to send all the souls in an hidden place, than he gave his boon to you (+1 int, +def vs confusion if memory serves me right). Too bad that in later version this was removed. You should still be able to promise him to hid souls, but get no boon for that.

Ps: any kind of bonus for give the soul to woedica/skaen?

Edited by Dr <3

If you gave souls to Woedica, you should be getting a permanent +1 PL in Deadfire.

I’m saying “should” because I merely found the ability in the game’s data. I haven’t really tried getting it via legacy.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus