Screenshot_7.png

Iron Glasped Grimoire
lvl 2 - Concelhaut's Draining missiles
lvl 7 - Concelhaut's Crushing Doom

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure seems like it would be a nice escape.   I also wonder if there's anyway to make a build around the snake weapons that would be viable.  

Nice list anyhow, wonder if there will be more with the expansions.

As it turned out, the game a whole bunch of things giving invisibility. Wael's scepter, for example, gives 25% chance on crit become invisible.

shadow flame is the best spell period.

It really isn't.  The Vaporous Grimoire is generally the best for 90% of the game thanks to the extra casts.  Concussive Missiles is better than Shadow Flame too, unless you're playing on the lower difficulties.

Edited by Sanctuary

Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure seems like it would be a nice escape.   I also wonder if there's anyway to make a build around the snake weapons that would be viable.  

Nice list anyhow, wonder if there will be more with the expansions.

As it turned out, the game a whole bunch of things giving invisibility. Wael's scepter, for example, gives 25% chance on crit become invisible.

The Eye of Wael was nerfed in current beta patch to 10% chance for invisibility on crits. I'm playing helwalker/assasin right now. It was cool combo with swift flurry and dance of death to stack high acc for frequent crits and get additional attacks on crits and chance for invisibilty (to trigger assassin's bonus for stealth attacks) + random afliction and ilussion's spell from Wael's scepter and bouncing damage from Aloth's scepter dual wielding with Wael's. It wasn't OP build, but after nerf. Now it's just dual wielding ranged shadowdancer and swift flurry in current beta patch works only with melee weapons so no point in that upgrade, Aloth's scepter don't hit additional targets. Only afliction from both scepters and ivisibilty from Wael's works but rarely.

Those poison spells looks interestings. I wonder what spells was nerfed in beta patch.

giphy.gif

• 1 year later...

Since there's no complete list of unique spells I thought about actualizing this thread:

Weathered Grimoire

lvl 1 - Arcane Assault

Jernaugh's Careful Calamities

lvl 6 - Jernaugh's Equalizing Burst

Zandethus' Dragon-Scaled Grimoire

lvl 7 - Zandethus' Draconic Fury

Bekarna's Celestial Grimoire

lvl 6 - Arkemyr's Brilliant Departure

lvl 7 - Bekarna's Midnight Daydream

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wow, I've only ever recruited wizards from pubs or as companions (fassina or aloth), so I've never noticed arcane assault before. It can't be completely new - the upgrade to "Called to his bidding, the ancient instruments of death" gives you an extra animated weapon that has arcane assault as its unique ability. I just thought it was an ability unique to chanter (ironically, given its role in poe1).

not to be self-aggrandizing but i thought my list was pretty complete (aside from arcane assault).

there's also

Maura's Infested Grimoire

lvl 7, conjuration - Maura's Grasping Tentacle

• 4 months later...

I liked Grimoire mechanic in POE, i dislike grimoire in Deadfire (why changing this mechanic) ok on POE spells was per rest (i hated this specially at the beginning) but now we have only 2 spells per spell level, and we can't choose which spell we put in our grimoire, it is a very bad idea...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Is it?

The new mechanic allows you to not pick any spell at level up but only take passives and/or foreign abilities (in case of multiclass) but with the right collection of grimoires still have a tremendously broad spell portfolio to cast from.

The only downside is that you have to switch more often since you can't put all your favs into one grimoire.

Priests and Druids don't have this very advantageous mechanic (especially powergamey for multiclass wizards) and yet you don't complain about those two but about grimoires.

If grimoires were also customizeable this already borderline broken mechanic would become absurdly overpowered. Why pick a spell in the first place? You'd learn spells, write your favorite 2 or 3 grimoires, then retrain and pick no spells at all - while your perfectly composited grimoires would hold them all. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

i think there would be less complaints about the grimoire mechanic in deadfire if they actually managed to build in the "Compare grimoire" UI that you can clearly see hints of. Right now it's pretty tedious and requires massive metagame knowledge to take adantage of all the spell selection, and i suspect that's why the complaint about customization crops up.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 7:15 AM, Boeroer said:

I just recently wondered if Arcane Assault was there all along - or if it's a new addition to the game. Because I never noticed it in the Weathered Grimoire before. :)

I know I’m a bit late in responding to this, but Arcane Assault was in the game since launch, I even documented it here.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Too bad it got turned from an automatic ability (see Priest's Holy Radiance) into a normal spell where it has to compete with much better alternatives. Same with Grimoire Strike (which wasn't so good to begn with even as an encounter-based ability).

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 5/31/2018 at 10:05 PM, PIRI said:

Snakeskin Grimoire
Lvl 4 - Nannasin's Cobra Strike

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_1.png\

Screenshot_10.png

Ninagauth's Teachings

Lvl 3 - Ninagauth's Death Ray

Lvl 4 - Ninagauth's Shadowflame

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Llengrath's Martial masteries
lvl 8 - Llengrath's superior elemental bulwark

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_5.png

Arkemyr's Illuminating Discoveries

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_6.png

Arkemyr's Grimoir
lvl 8 - Arkemyr's Mercuriaql Madness

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_7.png

Iron Glasped Grimoire
lvl 2 - Concelhaut's Draining missiles
lvl 7 - Concelhaut's Crushing Doom
  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

You missed this one : Jernaugh's Equalizing Burst
https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Jernaugh's_Careful_Calamities

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...