Infinite crit bug

the_discourses

Question

I am trying out an infinite crit generating character, mainly a double-blunderbuss wielding brawler that is abusing the swift flurry ability to have a crit start another crit 33% of the time.

However, I found out to my chagrin that when I attack someone via charge that happens to be behind some barrels, the barrels also take the attack.  But, unlike the target, they have 0 deflection, so they get critted automatically.  And 33% of those attacks trigger another blunderbuss attack, which has 4 projectiles.  All of which crit automatically, and have a chance of causing another set of crits . . . etc.  In short, the barrels, for some reason, don't die before the game calculates out this process to some incredible iteration.

The computer literally ground to a halt as the game attempted to track over a thousand simultaneous crits done to just one barrel.  It caused the game to freeze, and the last thing I read before I forced the game to shut down via the Task Manager was it telling me in the combat result tab, that the attack did 346 hits and over 600 crits.

I'll try to avoid hitting barrels with this attack in the future.

1 answer to this question