Shadows under Nekataka Quest

Long time forum lurker here,

I have some questions about the Huana Shadows under Nekataka quest. I am trying to do a pro-Huana run and am not sure what to do with the dragon found under the Watershapers Guild. In my other playthroughs I just killed him, however I am unsure how to keep him caged and then continue on the quest.

I have tampered with the cage to strengthen it, only doing it once to keep him from attacking, but I am not sure where to go from there?

Upon leaving I have talked to the queen but this does not produce any new dialogue or ways to advance, so is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would help advance the Ekera cause

:D I don't know the answer but I really want to help you after reading that. I've read something about subduing the dragon though, beating him up enough that he can't stop you from strengthening the wards, but I don't know any specifics.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

If you have metaphysics (8 or 9ish, forget exactly what) you can siphon some of the dragon's strength to the wards and free him, allowing the Watershapers to preserve their strength, then free the dragon.

Not exactly. That sounds about the amount you need to get the idea and attempt it, only to notice the constructor had prepared for it. Perhaps with significantly higher skill, you can circumvent the safety measures though.

My Deadfire mods

I let him go, he had suffered long enough already. The Queen was  pissed but I was, like, "Give me a second chance" and she was "K, go there do that and it's all good". Got a good Huana ending and it correlated nicely with my Watcher swaying Tekehu to be self-reliant and inventive instead of clinging to the old ways.

Long time forum lurker here,

I have some questions about the Huana Shadows under Nekataka quest. I am trying to do a pro-Huana run and am not sure what to do with the dragon found under the Watershapers Guild. In my other playthroughs I just killed him, however I am unsure how to keep him caged and then continue on the quest.

I have tampered with the cage to strengthen it, only doing it once to keep him from attacking, but I am not sure where to go from there?

Upon leaving I have talked to the queen but this does not produce any new dialogue or ways to advance, so is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Yeah, its bug.

If you strengthen guild and release dragon - the Queen does not give a quest about Vakhaka.

But, if Crookspur has not free, then it can be taken directly from the leader of Vakhaka (Village by Alot's quest). But it is not exactly.

Edited by Khagmas

I let him go, he had suffered long enough already. The Queen was  pissed but I was, like, "Give me a second chance" and she was "K, go there do that and it's all good". Got a good Huana ending and it correlated nicely with my Watcher swaying Tekehu to be self-reliant and inventive instead of clinging to the old ways.

I released him too and passed some 17 diplomacy check with the queen after that to defend my actions but I don't know what that led to. She got mad the moment I told her and while my silver tongue did do work on her it didn't seem to undo the major negative rep swing.

My Deadfire mods

I admitted that I bombed the deadfire trading company, she attacked me, and I ended up killing the whole palace, and all of the deadfire trading company. hahaha. Huana didn't like me much, but it worked out well. 

As for the dragon, high metaphysics and you can set him free. You'd channel some of his energy into the watershapers for a pro huana plotline. 

• Like 1