Can I just ignore the Battle of Yenwood quest?

Hi everyone. I've read up a bit on this quest but haven't found an answer to what happens if I just sort of ignore it? After capturing it I started upgrading it because I thought why not, but I can't say I'm that interested. Now I have to bother with this battle to defend it and I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered. I can't remember getting an option to capitulate to Lord Whatshisname and I'm wondering what will happen if I just ignore this. Will I lose the keep? Has anyone done that? What are the consequences?

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys. I actually decided to restart my game (something I quite often do anyway with these kinds of games). Something about being a lord didn't sit right with my persona of a wandering adventurer. Not to mention all the cash I can save. How many nights at the Salty Shaft, err... I mean Mast could I get with all the copper I spent on the keep?

A related question, can I get to Defiance Bay without rebuilding the east wall of the keep? I'd rather just avoid the whole thing.

Thanks everyone.

You becoming the next Watcher of Caed Nua is part of the general story line and cannot be ignored. 

You can leave your keep in a state of disrepair, though, if you truly wish to impersonate the wandering vagrant of yore. 

Though, methinks, you can also roleplay the vagrant to lord scenario, too. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png