Need screenshots for wikipedia

Hi guys,

if you have some cool screenshots from your gameplay that you think would fit wikipedia (and other wiki projects) articles, be kind and upload them to wikimedia commons deadfire category. I cant use the existing screenshots from community wikis since they have more restrictive licensing than wikimedia commons has. And I cant use my own screens since I run the game on a laptop on low settings. If you need help with the upload process or have any other questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 2

Nope, I guess something not obscure/rare, since it should be helping the readers to get a picture of the game and some of them might not be familiar with it... but anything high quality will work since not all the pics that are stored at commons must be used at wikiarticles...

I haven't been taking screen shots yet. I'm sorry.

You need random combat or specific things? I've never contributed to a wiki except financially so I really don't know what to do.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

I do have screenshots of the naked Orlan. I figured I'd take them before they patch her out.

But I have others as well. Like the little rainbow effect in the water falling into the watermill in Neketaka.

MzsyAGK.jpg

7EBZFbV.jpg

SSX0Ycp.jpg

Sorry I don't have any others with the interface hidden other than the one with the play (after you complete the quest)

Edited by Masticator
  • Like 2

How do I upload a screenshot? When I try I have to click "This is my own work", and PoE2 is not...

Thats about authorship of the screenshot. If only the maker of the object  could upload photo of an object, then there would be not many photos on wikipedia...

How do I upload a screenshot? When I try I have to click "This is my own work", and PoE2 is not...

Thats about authorship of the screenshot. If only the maker of the object  could upload photo of an object, then there would be not many photos on wikipedia...

Now this happened:

"We could not determine whether this file is suitable for Wikimedia Commons. Please only upload photos that you took yourself with your camera, or see what else is acceptable. See the guide to make sure the file is acceptable and learn how to upload it on Wikimedia Commons." :getlost:

The guidelines specifically say that screenshots of games are not allowed.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Commons:Licensing

"For example, the following are generally not allowed:...TV/DVD/Videogame screenshots. ..."

You might be better off DMing someone from Obsidian and asking them to put some screenshot images into the public domain.

Edited by Yonjuro
  • Like 1

The guidelines specifically say that screenshots of games are not allowed.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Commons:Licensing

"For example, the following are generally not allowed:...TV/DVD/Videogame screenshots. ..."

You might be better off DMing someone from Obsidian and asking them to put some screenshot images into the public domain.

Thank you Yonjuro,

I honestly did not know this. I previously seen screenshots of games in wikipedia articles but I now learned that they are uploaded on en.wiki locally and not on commons... That could be used here too, but having someone from obsidian to release screens into public domain is a better solution.