[Bug] Fort Deadlight Guard can sound horn even after I pick-pocketed it.

Zap Gun For Hire

Question

Guard Can Sound Alarm WIthout Horn.zip

So I decided to try some alternate paths in Fort Deadlight to solve the Blow the Man Down quest, and while sneaking around in the Fort Deadlight dungeon I discovered that I can pickpocket the horn that the Pirate Guards sound when they get upset at you or you decide to attack them.

Great! Consequence free killing!  Err... That is, I can deal with them before they sound the alarm.

Except... The Pirate Guard still uses their horn to sound an alarm even though I stole it from them already.  :lol:

To replicate this, have a stealthy character sneak up to the Pirate Guard and swipe their horn. 

Then get out of Sneak Mode and engage them in conversation and chose the [Attack] conversation option.  The guard will then sound the alarm even though they have nothing to sound it with.

I made a savefile and have attached it to the top of this post.  It is set with a stealthy character just outside of the guard's vision cone/hearing circle.  Follow the steps above to replicate the bug.

======

As a side point, the whole level will become hostile if a guard becomes hostile, even if you kill them before they can sound an alarm.  This may or may not be a bug, but it seems a little odd that all of the guards become hostile even if they aren't alerted to an intruder.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

5 answers to this question

Yeah, noticed that too.

Must be an oversight.

Anyone been able to figure out when or if at all you can actually use the horn?

It always says "Unusable at this time" at the bottom of any of the horns' details for me.

======

As a side point, the whole level will become hostile if a guard becomes hostile, even if you kill them before they can sound an alarm.  This may or may not be a bug, but it seems a little odd that all of the guards become hostile even if they aren't alerted to an intruder.

Can I assume this is what happened to me then? I snuck in and stole the first guard's horn and then defeated him without an alarm, thanks to mind control. In adition to me having the bug where Ben don't show up when you ring the bell because of stealth, Minke and the rest are hostile to me if I enter the court, even if the outside is all friendly. Made me start the game over. :(