Poll - Size of Deadfire Compared to POE1

Poll - Size of Deadfire compared to POE1  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Deadfire is:

• The same size as POE1 (White March not included)
    • Smaller then POE1 (White march not included)
    • About the same size as POE1 and the White march expansions
    • Bigger the POE1 and the White March expansions
    • Bigger then POE1 base but not as big As POE1 plus the White march expansions

There has been alot of mixed reports about this so lets see what the community thinks.

This will be a very interesting poll.

And guys just to clarify please take these factors mainly into consideration:

- hours of gameplay

- amount of quests

- length of quests ect....

When i say size i am not necessarily referring to how big the location and world maps are. There is no point in having huge maps if there is only small amounts of things to do in them.

I quit my gameplay from because of the difficulty issues and am waiting for the next big patch. I must admit i am concerned that the game is to small from what i saw as i hit high levels very quickly and the areas i did explore in Neketaka had very little to do in each map of the city. I didnt notice a huge improvement from POE1s city map. Witch is strange because they acknowledged that the city in POE1 was to small with very little to do in it and they said they where going to make Neketaka huge. I definitely didn't notice that at all/ 

Edited by hadiqa4444

"Bigger than POE1 base, but less than POE1+WM1&2"???

POE1 had Eoathas Temple + Rodericks Stronghold + Early Cuad Nua levels, so that gave a very beefy first impression. Deadifre there is too much talk at start.

There could be more 3-4 level dungeons on various moments.

Like if Berath Catacombs have 3 more levels down to clear with bone dragon to fight at the end.

Or maybe good old sewers system, with ozzes and xuirps.

Basicly in Port location instead going to queen we can directly go to sewer and kill some stuff.

Edited by evilcat

Bigger then POE 1 but at times feels like less, due to it been spread out.

That's more about size of dungeons as lots little short dungeons.

Yeah POE1 had:

- endless paths

- first city 

- second city

- stronghold

- dryford

- drysdale (i think)

as the major areas

IMO i highly doubt deadfire is a big as this plus the White march expanions. I personally think it is no where near that big but im really keen to see what other think

If you count the side quests in, then yea for sure it's larger than POE1.

But the main quest was too short.

I finished the game in 40 hours which consists of:

Main quest

all Port Maje sidequests I can find

15 Bounty missions

Principi missions

Not completing half of the Nekataka side quests (It's larger than the Defiance Bay quests IMO)

Not doing any side quest from outside Nekataka and Port Maje (minus the Bounties)

I'd say for certain it's larger than POE1 but not sure compared to POE1+WM.

Edited by Hamhaus

If you count the side quests in, then yea for sure it's larger than POE1.

But the main quest was too short.

I finished the game in 40 hours which consists of:

Main quest

all Port Maje sidequests I can find

15 Bounty missions

Principi missions

Not completing half of the Nekataka side quests (It's larger than the Defiance Bay quests IMO)

Not doing any side quest from outside Nekataka and Port Maje (minus the Bounties)

I'd say for certain it's larger than POE1 but not sure compared to POE1+WM.

yeah and the level cap has been increased 4 levels remember.

Before i stopped my playthrough i was rapidly going up levels. 

I personally think the game is to small. The game is supposed to be about developing your characters and  influencing the world around you. What is the point in doing this if the game ends abruptly. 

I am incredibly dissapointed they didnt make deadfire significantly bigger then POE1 + The WM expansions. 

I get the feeling that Obsidian have done "just enough" for the game to be big enough to hit the market. Like i said i didnt finish my playthrough but the feeling i got when i was playing the game was that i was rapidly burning through it and it was about to end very quickly.

In other words we definately didnt get another Baldurs Gate 2, which everyone was hoping for..............sighhhhhhhhhh

as i see it, content/playtime/questwise...

deadfire is bigger than POE1 + WM imho.

---edit

i went through a-lot/most of the side-quests, and basically uncovered the entire world map, and delved most/all of the dungeons.

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

---edit

i went through a-lot/most of the side-quests, and basically uncovered the entire world map, and delved most/all of the dungeons.

hope it is,

did you finish the first game plus white march?

Edited by hadiqa4444

---edit

hope it is,

did you finish the first game plus white march?

yes i did. i doubt there's a quest i haven't done in poe or WM.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Well I never played the White March expansions so I'm not sure how it compares there but I think I spent about 50 hours in PoE1 and 70 in PoE2. I always do every sidequest I come across and listen to all the VO lines, but I'm not 100% completionist in any game so there'll be some small stuff left over. 

It's hard to say.  The all-voiced dialog actually makes it feel shorter to me.  That and I made a conscious decision to not care about combat challenge and play on a low difficulty because the slog always ruins the late game in RPG's for me.  I did absolutely everything I could find to get cheevos for Berath's Blessings, and it still didn't feel as big as the first game.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

I think it *FEEL* smaller then POE1 was . Cose , say you kill and destroy all the ships roaming on the map . Then...well...that is it . You can just vroom around right? 

I dunno , POE1 just seemed bigger . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

It took me longer to play through PoE 1 than through PoE 2 and it was much harder. Some quests could not even be done with each class on PotD in the beginning (mostly solo) (like Raedric fight, the bears in the cave ...). But you can do every quest solo on PotD without much a problem in Deadfire.

And when you play the game more than once, you are much faster finished in PoE 2 as you are in PoE 1, even without the expansions.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Deadfire is bigger than vanilla POE minus the WM expansions in general but there are dimensions that seem inexplicably smaller.

Dungeons:
I agree w/ complaints that there are no big dungeons. Extending the undercity further down a few levels would be welcome. Ukaizo should have had a big, challenging dungeon; endgame feels rushed without it.  I assume one of the paid DLC is going to be a big dungeon but a big dungeon should have been included in the base game. 

Items:
Deadfire has seemingly few items although most seem actually viable and interesting and I appreciate that uniques are truly unique.

--In vanilla POE there were vendors for each faction; in Deadfire, the Valians have no vendor at all unless i have massively overlooked sth. Fewer items -> less replay value.
--as everyone has noticed, there are tons of sabres/swords and few other uniques, although guns finally got much-needed love.
--there is a noticeable lack of soulbound items in Deadfire even if Modwyr and the Sacrificial dagger are great. There are currently basically as many soulbound items in the Deadfire DLC for POE1 (Club of the Mataru/Captain's Hat/Molina's Spikefinger/Belt of the RDC) as there are in all of vanilla Deadfire... I know more soulbounds and items are forthcoming but the devs should add in free-DLC sidequest involving a crate shipment of "discovered" items from Caed Nua in Act 3/4-- basically hit unique and/or soulbound items from WM 1 and 2 and vanilla or even the deadfire DLC. Build in sideplot involving the interception of the crate shipment and the scattering of the weapons around Deadfire, because why not? you already designed some terrific soulbounds in the original and there is no need to extensively consider enchants, even if some of the soulbounds would need a minor rebalance as attributes buff differently.

--there seem to be less variety in boots/rings/cloaks/ and gauntlets than in vanilla POE. that is dumb because presumably these could have been ported over.

I look forward to devs and or modders remedying at least the item issue.

Edited by lpro