I tried it out but it doesn't have the cool animation anymore. I couldn't tell it was being used unless I saw it being sung on my chanter. I went with Troubadour though.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

It's okay with Sungrazer/Sun and Moon combo, but that interactrion might have been unintended as carnage doesn't work with weapon effects and it looks like they just overlooked it works with all other AOEs.

Seconded, it's kind of so-okay-it's-average. Soft Winds of Death seems like a more economical damage aura choice this time around, especially for how early you can get it.

Edited by Skazz

To resume it, the new version does 2pierce + 2burn dmg/tick, while the old version did 5pierce + 5burn dmg/tick. With 30mig/int you will do now (on average and only as a troubadour) 14.4dmg/tick, while before (at max level) you were doing 48dmg/tick. 

Dragon got Trashed too much.

So what would you run as yoru to go Shanties?

MIlth Fyr?

Old Sec?

Drinking Night?

COurage?

Personally I would run Mith Fyr + Ancient Memory. Don't know if Old Siec works with spells - if it does then it's probably the best option once you have enough dps.

• Like 1

Fully buffed mine is doing 8.9 fire and 8.9 slashing damage per hit, every 3 seconds, for 11.9 seconds. Radius is almost 9m.

Hits, crits, grazes don't seem to make a difference to damage or duration oddly enough.

This means that over 10 seconds it ticks 4 time (0, 3, 6, 9) for a total 71.2 to everything within a huge radius.

At my level that damage is low but if combined with other on hit effects I think it could be more interesting (ie the meteors etc.)

MIlth Fyr?

Old Sec?

Drinking Night?

COurage?

Personally I would run Mith Fyr + Ancient Memory. Don't know if Old Siec works with spells - if it does then it's probably the best option once you have enough dps.

Once my work week is finished I plan on focusing on leveling my new pally/Troubadour to test if Old Siec works with non-melee abilities. In this case, Sacred Immolation. If it does Old Siec + Mercy and Kindness should counter most of the damage (if not all of it) from Sacred Immolation when there are enough enemies in the area.

Best general chants are Mith Fyr, Ancient Memory, Silver Knight's Shield, and imho Long Night's Drink for the -50% heal. Of course Mercy and Kindness, but OP chant is OP.

I personally think everything from PL 2 up is pretty good. Save possibly Dragon Thrashed, but I havent tested it personally. I hate to knock it entirely until I do.

If Old Siec works with Dragon's thrashed it could make a stronger version of Soft Winds as you would also get that 12% from spells/melee/abilities and get roughly 1 health for each dragon's thrashed attack per enemy. Which is better than Soft Winds, but requires 2 chants with 100% up time. This would benefit Troubadour the most, or an odd Helwalker MC as you would need 30 Int to get 100% up time on a non-Troubadour.

• Like 1

Thing is even if it did better damage it would still not be worth as in PoE2 you have so much fast burst damage/dps from various sources (like Monks, Paladins, Wizards, Fighters) that your Dragon won't even worm up before enemies are Trashed to to the ground.

Generally it's meh at best.

I am thinking about buffing it with mod as I wanted to do full play with pure Troubadour. How about 5 base dmg maybe?

Seconded, it's kind of so-okay-it's-average. Soft Winds of Death seems like a more economical damage aura choice this time around, especially for how early you can get it.

It sure is good how they fixed the problem with chanters not wanting to use their higher-level options!

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

MIlth Fyr?

Old Sec?

Drinking Night?

COurage?

Once my work week is finished I plan on focusing on leveling my new pally/Troubadour to test if Old Siec works with non-melee abilities. In this case, Sacred Immolation. If it does Old Siec + Mercy and Kindness should counter most of the damage (if not all of it) from Sacred Immolation when there are enough enemies in the area.

Best general chants are Mith Fyr, Ancient Memory, Silver Knight's Shield, and imho Long Night's Drink for the -50% heal. Of course Mercy and Kindness, but OP chant is OP.

I personally think everything from PL 2 up is pretty good. Save possibly Dragon Thrashed, but I havent tested it personally. I hate to knock it entirely until I do.

If Old Siec works with Dragon's thrashed it could make a stronger version of Soft Winds as you would also get that 12% from spells/melee/abilities and get roughly 1 health for each dragon's thrashed attack per enemy. Which is better than Soft Winds, but requires 2 chants with 100% up time. This would benefit Troubadour the most, or an odd Helwalker MC as you would need 30 Int to get 100% up time on a non-Troubadour.

Old Siec works with almost all abilities (non melee) I did not see it proc on Dragon trash, but this might be because of the low damage. (I only had 15 MI)

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

@Raven Darkholme - Cool. Thanks for that piece of info. I imagine it is hard to get it to proc for anything under 9 damage or so. Unless you're also running Mercy and Kindness to get it to 24% healing, or you're running something with incredibly high might like a Helwalker... By itself, Old Siec likely needs solid hits and AoE to be really effective. With Mercy and Kindness 4 damage would be the potential minimum.

@Raven Darkholme - Cool. Thanks for that piece of info. I imagine it is hard to get it to proc for anything under 9 damage or so. Unless you're also running Mercy and Kindness to get it to 24% healing, or you're running something with incredibly high might like a Helwalker... By itself, Old Siec likely needs solid hits and AoE to be really effective. With Mercy and Kindness 4 damage would be the potential minimum.

It would be kinda hard to have 3 chants up, since you need the linger, so BR is a no go.

(Unless you have a 2nd chanter)

But yeah on AoE stuff Old Siec is quite solid, I ran it with my Wizard/Chanter and didn't need any heals, mostly used PL IV Minolettas (praise brilliant and by praise I mean nerf it. :p)

Once I had reduced healing on me and almost died, but when I tried to heal with potions I actually healed for 0, so the debuff was close to 100%.

It would be kinda hard to have 3 chants up, since you need the linger, so BR is a no go.

(Unless you have a 2nd chanter)

But yeah on AoE stuff Old Siec is quite solid, I ran it with my Wizard/Chanter and didn't need any heals, mostly used PL IV Minolettas (praise brilliant and by praise I mean nerf it. :p)

Once I had reduced healing on me and almost died, but when I tried to heal with potions I actually healed for 0, so the debuff was close to 100%.

Oh, I'm just saying Old Siec and Mercy. So two chants. Kind Wayfarer/Troub using Brand Enemy DoT tossed out liberally early fight, buff with Invocations, inspired beacon, then move in with Sacred Immolation + spam chanter heal (upgraded for fire damage) and FoD.

Oh, and DoC breastplate with crit heal upgrade. Maybe Sasha's Sabre for an empowered Set to Their Purpose to be able to quickly cast Each Kill Fed after. +5 to all stats, then weapon swap to something better, inspired beacon, and SI plus spam.

Oh, I thought we were still talking about Dragon trashed, I got the impression you meant Dragon trash would heal from Old Siec, if Mercy was on it.

I probably typed it out poorly. Of course, you could have a Comp/merc Chanter to fill that gap by running old siec or running Mercy while your MC runs the other 2.

Given how low the dmg is on Dragon Thrashed, and how low the heal is on Old Siec, I wouldnt try that combo except with a helwalker combo... Maybe. Getting around 30 Might (60% damage) could push Dragon Thrashed high enough to get a point of health every 3 seconds. Once again, maybe. I dunno if it would be worth it even then.

Old Siec + Mercy + Sacred Immolation does work fine, provided you can handle the raw damage since the heal happens after the damage. So your health effectively bounces up and down. I can see someone accidentally bouncing too low and ending up dead before the healing lands, though. But not too often.

Edited by Incendax
  • Like 1

Old Siec + Mercy + Sacred Immolation does work fine, provided you can handle the raw damage since the heal happens after the damage. So your health effectively bounces up and down. I can see someone accidentally bouncing too low and ending up dead before the healing lands, though. But not too often.

Have you also used Voidward? I suppose you need 3+ enemies who take full damage to be able to heal completely...