hi obsidian. this is how lightning should look and sound

yeah , that's scary though . Take Skyrim for exemple , it was mostly annoying . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I have really missed good thunder and rain sounds in this game. I remember entering Gilded Vale for the first time and just sitting there for a while listening to the rain falling and the rolling thunder in the distance. It was so awesome.

For whatever reason, the ambient sounds in this game just are not up to par. I still think ambient sounds need their own slider to adjust. Don't know why Deadfire doesn't have this option. I don't want to turn up the sound effects (don't need louder swords clashing, etc) just to hear the ambient noises better.

Lighting is a lot harder than it sounds. Even when working in the real world in films and such it's hard. As for storms I think what matters is the effect you're going for. Not every thunderstorm is apocalyptic. It's loud sure but it's not like "Cthulhu is going to march right out of the sea" kind of bad.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.