Hello

Ive been wondering this since the first pillars game but i never asked. What does resolve mean in pillars? I know resolve as in "he resolved the issue" but when put into character customization i figure it gotta mean something else too. If a character has high/low resolve what does it mean?

PS: Im not from an english speaking country =)

Ty guys, so.. A main character with really low resolve from an RP point of view doesnt make any sense at all in a game where ur chasing down a god? lol (Low resolve character goes: "eh whatever, too much work") or am i still not getting it right?

Ty guys, so.. A main character with really low resolve from an RP point of view doesnt make any sense at all in a game where ur chasing down a god? lol (Low resolve character goes: "eh whatever, too much work") or am i still not getting it right?

That sounds about right. Weak willed heroes are pretty rare.

Likewise, I never want to give my main character low intelligence for RP reasons. I mean, would you want your hero to be a moron? ;) 

That sounds about right. Weak willed heroes are pretty rare.

Likewise, I never want to give my main character low intelligence for RP reasons. I mean, would you want your hero to be a moron? ;)

Ever see the Lego movie? :biggrin:

My PoE 1 characters always had low resolve. I rationalized it as "my soul is breaking apart and I'm going crazy, I can't deal with this, I'm freaking out here man!". A similar rationale makes sense in the second game because you've had most of your soul ripped away. So you can rationalize it in RP terms if you want to.

As a noun, resolve is the ability to settle on a course and show singular, unwavering focus. Of course, you might say that the Watcher has very low Resolve, what with all the time they waste on pointless sidequests >_>

In Pillars dialogues, Resolve tends to play as personal intensity and command.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Guest Jamila

Besides, right at the start you are given choice to either hunt down Eothas or else. Considering who it comes from, it would take quite some resolve to refuse, and low intelligence characters have to see they do not want or else to happen to them. So I think low res/int characters are okay, RP-wise.

Also, low intelligence is desirable for evil Watchers, as it can amplify harm done. I mean, clever villains would sometimes do good deeds to further their evil goals, while stupid villains would harm everyone around even if they did not really benefit from that.